Knoxville Youth Football Programs

ShaneC

i was "spectating" at tearleton tues. night. evey field i seen them own they were drilling the other team. my budy is the "defensive coordinator", :P pilot beat them 46-0 the 12 year olds. my partners mad because i am raggin him , how do you let a team score that many times , when the closck doesn,t stop? you play johnny ball, thats how.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be panther not talking trash....

*Pilot program because of this elitist attitude

*If your son's or any other Pilot team has a weak player it is only because the coaches have been unable to lure a replacement from another team

*they weaken the other teams by taking much of their talent.

*John Paul, did you play football without a helmet?

this was just to name a few...and does not mention words said offline.

I'm not a coach (I refused to coach when Pilot only wanted to pay me 10 g's) :P

I was told of this site by a dear friend. I was amazed at how much trash talk there is about Pilot and how much disrespect there is for the organization. Grown men crying like little girls, because there is a team out there that is better than yours.

The team went to Atlanta to have some fun! The team is like a family. We thought it might be nice to go somewhere and play different kids. You know, its about having fun. We had a good strong team and were fortunate enough to be chosen to play there. Any team can do it, look it up on the internet and take your team instead of complaining that Pilot did it.

This is huskers5 signing off. Just wanted to get my 2 cents in.

I'm not complaining about it. The Baby Roadrunners travel every other year to play a different Tennessee team and a South Carolina team. Why should I complained about playing somebody different. It's just that someone said Pilot wasn't based on winning but still they went to a National Championship Tournament to try to WIN a National Pop Warner football championship.

Are you sure you don't coach? I mean, it seems as though you're speaking from a coaches stand point.

I welcome you to the board and next time you enter don't use the choice of words you did.

You just have to think: If a player lives way on the East Side of town, why would that parent want to drive way down West without receiving anything for doing so?

But like I said, all the 11 year olds that left for a different team this year will be back in that Baby Roadrunners uniform. Have fun while you can!!!

Time out from your debate for a moment and let's put things into perspective. Last night in the Blount County League, Rockford (an expansion team last year) won it's first games in midgets (11&12) and pee-wees (9&10) in the history of the program.

The midget coach was celebrating with his team on the field and collapsed. After extensive CPR at the field and later at the hospital he could not be revived. ER staff suspected a brain aneurism.

Pause for a moment and pray for Randy Law's family, friends, and the young players who saw their coach fall.

Edited by Rebelsman

Pilot's not based on WINNING, but you dont go to a National Championship in hopes that you will get beat. Yes we wanted to win, and we will accept defeat and tell our kids to hold their head high, even if we get beaten.

If everyone would just play football, and not focus on what any other team is doing, things in the league would run much better and have a better atmosphere.

Play your best, be your best, accept what is given to us. Win or lose.

you stated "You just have to think: If a player lives way on the East Side of town, why would that parent want to drive way down West without receiving anything for doing so?"

I have to think: if THIS player is not given a starting "star" position why would he WANT to stay? No amount of material items would make my kid stay on a team where he doesnt play. What would be the reason for him staying? Who quit this year to return to their old team?

I wish the best to all the players and wish the Pilot conflict would just be put to rest and just PLAY FOOTBALL.

first. our prayers should go out for the fallen coach

hey roadrunner......lol.hey man dont just cut and paste the last part.........i said it in jest......lets not get me in trouble....lol

ya know alot of what i see here is gonna happen with a competitive bunch of folks!

every one wants there team to be best......not a problem

husker i think what the coacht peeps are trying to get across is youth football used to be the only sport not affected by travel teams......recruited teams etc

the last place community won out over win at all costs

and now we have recruited teams in youth football......it is a shame

ps roadrunner if thers any way possible ill be there friday night!

(but this powell boy might be wearing a fulton hat )

huskers im with you win at all cost, these people say "its for the kids" , be the head coach lose a game and your the dumbest person that ever tried to coach.

i think youth coaches should get paid $500 a month, but the only way i would ever consider putting up with a daddy trying to relive his playing days through his kid, i want at least $1000 a month. :angry:

Pilot's not based on WINNING, but you dont go to a National Championship in hopes that you will get beat.  Yes we wanted to win, and we will accept defeat and tell our kids to hold their head high, even if we get beaten. 

If everyone would just play football, and not focus on what any other team is doing, things in the league would run much better and have a better atmosphere.

Play your best, be your best, accept what is given to us. Win or lose.

you stated "You just have to think: If a player lives way on the East Side of town, why would that parent want to drive way down West without receiving anything for doing so?"

I have to think:  if THIS player is not given a starting "star" position why would he WANT to stay?  No amount of material items would make my kid stay on a team where he doesnt play.  What would be the reason for him staying?  Who quit this year to return to their old team?

I wish the best to all the players and wish the Pilot conflict would just be put to rest and just PLAY FOOTBALL.

825322911[/snapback]

I wish the conflict would come to an end. Pilot ending its program. I know it's just a matter of time before more teams are added. That's fine because more organization are considering leaving the conference to play somewhere else. Then you guys can play each other and your garunteed to win the championship. I went and watched the two pilot 10's play each other. You could hear a pin dropped it was so quiet. Zoloft will do that to ya. Not a cheerleader to be found and 75 DVD recorders going. Now that's Football! :angry:

I have been a visitor to this site a very long time and think it is very amusing on how people view youth football. I think it is very interesting how people talk bad about Pilot paying players and coaches. I also think it is very funny on how people think of sportsmanship. Sportsmanship is how everyone on a team reacts to a win or loss, not on how people try start fights and trouble kids. Also, AE Roadrunner and ShaneC, I know who you both are and how well you both have did working with kids now and in the past. Both of these guys do a great job in what they do in their everyday lives. Now I was reading a post the RobPride, wrote to ShaneC, you said his post was very threatening. Where do you get that from, he was just telling everyone what happened. I heard from a person over at Tarlten that a CBFO coach put his hand on one of ShaneC's players. You cannot put your hand on a kid, that is not a good decision to touch a child. Now AE Roadrunner I have read a bunch of posts about Pilot. I have an inside source that is saying that you are right in what you are saying about them paying coaches and buying kids shoes. I believe it is wrong but no one can do nothing about it. Well I was just wanting to put my opinion onto this thread and see what everyone thinks.

From the GA