Knoxville Youth Football Programs

ShaneC

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roadrunner - don't make me get mad at you. You, yourself have said on here more than once - the biggest Fulton fan is LGC. Now you think LGC and Buck & the rest of the Fulton coaches aren't working close together. Give me a break!

You're right JP - Buck & all the Fulton coaches are lucky to have a great supporter like LGC & they truly appreciate him & all the coaches working w/ the Knoxville Falcons.

825314727[/snapback]

Not again, KWALKER is attacking me again. 8 days and counting. You'll see dem Roadrunners!

As for the Baby Bobcats Mark Williamson isnt the president, only a coach, and it is a quality organization, I agree some teams are down But alot of players have been lost due to recruitment.

825314748[/snapback]

Let's talk about Mark Williamson's Junior midget Bobcat team.

After his team got beaten by Pilot twice last year he vowed to put together a team that could compete with Pilot. So what does he do? He goes out and gets Halls, another team beaten twice last year by Pilot, and somehow convinces the parents and coaches of their top kids to come play for him. He also recruits 3 kids from CCYSP to join him as well. 2 of the 3 are playing while the third moved to Nashville.

What's wrong with this? NOTHING! I'd be willing to bet that ALL teams recruit to some degree. I commend him for putting together one of the strongest teams I've ever seen in my many years.

I saw the Central vs. Pilot game this past Monday night. Williamson's team is head and shoulders better than Pilot. This is the same Pilot team that went undefeated last year to win the PeeWee championship and did so by beating Halls and Central twice to do it. The game ended in a tie but you can ask anyone, Central whipped them up and down the field!

Now JP, I think you shouldnt be so dishonest, you know you behaved VERY improperly with your actions to the players and coaches. You also know that the only reason you were asked to coach is because the former supermidget coach refused to coach with a certain players Step Dad, and without the dad, no stud player. We all know the Central super midgets wont be very good this year because they only have one real coach and 2 daddys on the field. At this level one great player wont make a winner and quite frankly these kids arent being taught, their simply playing with the same game knowledge they brought into the season. JP im not being personal but your not the answer either, Ive talked to folks who have coached with you and lets just say the comments werent favorable, and that info only goes along with what ive seen with my own eyes.

This has been a nice board but I think the personal attacks should stop before it gets locked. As for the Baby Bobcats Mark Williamson isnt the president, only a coach, and it is a quality organization, I agree some teams are down But alot of players have been lost due to recruitment.

825314748[/snapback]

it is easy to see that you are a john paul hater. yes i went completely off on the partents,not the players. i admit i did go too far , but when some daddy comes out of no where and questions every move i make and then goesto the parents telling them i do not know what i am doing and i am gonna get their kids hurt. he basically pulled mutiny on me, while i had my back turned coacchin the team.

you are very wrong abouyt themn ot being a good team, if they lose a game i will be surprised. i do not care what any of you haters say, that team would be a champuionship contender if i stayed the coach (harold had yo go though)

thanks for the compliment about helping chad, he is great coach (like me) and i do not have time. i work as a commisioned mortgaga broker. time is money to me.

thanks for the compliment about helping chad, he is great coach (like me) and i do not have time. i work as a commisioned mortgaga broker. time is money to me.

825315204[/snapback]

If you say you are a great coach, you would find time to help some kids out. I'll like to see you down at Christenberry coaching your former high school youth league. Will ShaneC and Coach Winters be able to convert you to a Falcon again? thumb

I'll leave you alone JP, I'll see you at one of the games, hopefully, it'll be within the next few weeks..

I have worked for several families in the west knoxville area and have watched their children grow up and mature through sports. I have been the nanny for one of the kids who plays on a Pilot team for the last 5 years. I have never been more impressed with the quality of any program. I did not grow up in West Knoxville nor do I live there now. However, If i had a child who had the opportunity to play with a team where; coaches really cared about the child as well as the player, led their team with prayers and christian attitudes, talked with them daily about how important their school is and how it is important to be a good person, as well as, knowing how and actually teaching them quality football, I would not hesitate to drive as far as humanly possible to allow my child that experience!!! And if by chance, I witnessed someone giving another player their old shoes or perhaps even providing them with a pair if they had none, I would be proud to be a part of that program.

I have had the opportunity to witness this first hand and I know that when the season is over for this team, it is not just about the victories for the coaches. They truly can say they made a difference in the lives of those little boys.

Catnanny

Well Well Well, the rumor about the 10,000 a year I didn't hear.  But I have heard that Pilot coaches get paid to coach.  Now about  you all briving players with money and free shoes is true.  One of my basketball players said that a Pilot coach has talked to him already about playing with Pilot and the coach promise him free shoes and money.  Also, one of the players that plays with Pilot goes to my church and I've talked with his parents and his mom said that you all purchase the players free shoes if they play for Pilot.  Wow, say it ain't so!  It's ok to tell the truth on this board.  I mean, us youth league coaches in the Knox Metro League knows what's going on.  Many programs has lost a lot of players to Pilot because they're luring the kids away from their respective programs by showing them the J's and the green.

Now Pilot did win a lot of championships last year but they weren't the only programs to win that many championships.  If I'm not mistaking I think the Baby Falcons racked up as many championships as Pilot did.  So by far they're not the best team in Knoxville.

825285833[/snapback]

If you say you are a great coach, you would find time to help some kids out. I'll like to see you down at Christenberry coaching your former high school youth league. Will ShaneC and Coach Winters be able to convert you to a Falcon again

sorry runner to many bridge have been burnt between me and buck. i talked to chad after the game and told him to pick his head up (he was upset, very upset) i watched him coach that game, and reminded me of the way i coach living and dieing over everyplay. when i lost i was like him, it would ruin my life for a week. chad does not need anyone else he has pug woods and i seen shane standing with them.by the way i played with him at fulton, not alot though i was too busy smoking and drinking before practice.

If you say you are a great coach, you would find time to help some kids out. I'll like to see you down at Christenberry coaching your former high school youth league. Will ShaneC and Coach Winters be able to convert you to a Falcon again

sorry runner to many bridge have been burnt between me and buck. i talked to chad after the game and told him to pick his head up (he was upset, very upset) i watched him coach that game, and reminded me of the way i coach living and dieing over everyplay. when i lost i was like him, it would ruin my life for a week. chad does not need anyone else he has pug woods and i seen shane standing with them.by the way i played with him at fulton, not alot though i was too busy smoking and drinking before practice.

825315903[/snapback]

That's one thing I can say for you - you never had a problem admitting it, did you JP?

BTW, what bridges have been burned between you & buck - just curious? "Cause I've not heard it like that except from you.

That's one thing I can say for you - you never had a problem admitting it, did you JP?

BTW, what bridges have been burned between you & buck - just curious? "Cause I've not heard it like that except from you.

825315921[/snapback]

he called the tssaa on me in 1996 for recruiting, have you noticed that fulton has gotten alot better since 96". i know they don't do it as open as i did, but that emerald youth foudation is doing their recruiting. so i did play a very, very small part in fulton getting better athletes. you know the best year they had was chads senior year, before and a few years after that they were awful ,be honest.

Catnanny, there are many quality programs with quality people in this area. Just remember, things are not always as they seem at first glance. Most every other team in the Knox metro league have some players that are not high quality athletes. Does Pilot? No, because their program is only for the best. Are they the top program in the Knox metro league? Probably yes, if we are talking wins and losses. However, the coaches that are truly making a difference in kids lives are the coaches who take kids with lesser ability and work with them to improve and enjoy this game. Like the coaches at AE and CCYSP that coach teams made up of players that are not "Pilot material", basically the kids that Pilot does not want. Every other league that I know of takes all kids, whether they can help them win or not. Those are the progams that are truly making a difference in kids lives. By the way, just because a coach leads his/her team in prayer does not mean he/she leads a moral life.

Catnanny, there are many quality programs with quality people in this area. Just remember, things are not always as they seem at first glance. Most every other team in the Knox metro league have some players that are not high quality athletes. Does Pilot? No, because their program is only for the best. Are they the top program in the Knox metro league? Probably yes, if we are talking wins and losses. However, the coaches that are truly making a difference in kids lives are the coaches who take kids with lesser ability and work with them to improve and enjoy this game. Like the coaches at AE and CCYSP that coach teams made up of players that are not "Pilot material", basically the kids that Pilot does not want. Every other league that I know of takes all kids, whether they can help them win or not. Those are the progams that are truly making a difference in kids lives. By the way, just because a coach leads his/her team in prayer does not mean he/she leads a moral life.

825315935[/snapback]

exactly, that is what i TRIED to do back when i coached. Chad Winters over at the falcons is one of the guys that is their for the kids he did say(after the losss to pilot)this was his last year. i said the same thing every year, BUT one year i meant it. he willl be back, i will bet you on that.

Edited by JohnPaul