TnVols23

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think Alcoa has ever been "worn out" aganst any team to where it affects their ability to beat a team.....Alcoa's coaches always do a good job of gettin there players in shape and ready to play both ways....sure they may not be as rested as Maryville but i gurantee you no player is going to walk off that bus with any fear or doubts of whether they can beat Maryville....after the hype wears off Alcoa does a good job of stayin close to 100% the rest of the game....this years game and next years game will be the 2 best in the Alcoa-Maryville rivalry. Gah I love this game :)

turbo

I have seen a lot of years where Alcoa was wore down in the 2nd half vs Maryville. It is hard to have players playing both ways playing against a team that has only a few that play both ways.

The biggest example I can give you is the 1995 MHS vs Alcoa game. Maryville won 21-14 in overtime. Alcoa led 14-0 at halftime. Alcoa was flat out dominating the game. Alcoa had a DT named Kris Jackson who had a field day with Maryville's offensive line. In the 2nd half a whole bunch of those Alcoa kids were cramping up. Maryville scored 2 TDS in the 4th quarter to tie the game. Maryville went through Alcoa like a hot knife going through butter because the Alcoa kids were dead tired,cramping and being taken out of the game. Maryville won in overtime because Alcoa was spent.

Maryville pulled a lot of games out that year because of the depth they had over other teams.