Lamon Williams....

DBIndian99

As an Oak Ridge Fan, ORPlaYa429 please shut up! If you are an Oak Ridge football player, there is a right way to be enthusiastic about your team and a wrong way. Yours is the wrong way. You never look good running down another team's player. I was at the game last year as well, Lamon had a great game. As I remember right, it took our whole defensive to tackle him. Our team is looking good so far (I was there at practice) and I am looking forward to a great season. Keep up your enthusiasm and be positive about Wildcat football, don't run down another team.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well said boyfromsi!!! Best of luck to you guys at Oak Ridge, well at least until DB plays you guys, LOL. ;) I know you speak for the MAJORITY, and not the miniscual part like ORPlaYa. I enjoy every year it is our turn to travel to your part of Football Land. A fews years ago, we went to OR and it was a COLD 45* rainy night, and I was ill-prepared. Didn't watch The Weather Channel and got very sick, but I have fond memories of that trip because it was in real football weather. Any-hoo!!! Good Luck again and GOD's Blessing!!!!

;)

Oh by the way....hssports fan said something about Lamon coming from VA and playing AAU ball on a roanoke team.....well...he may have...but I remember Lamon playing for the Junior Douglas Tigers down at the VO Dobbins center as a brilliant 8 year old for coach Sensabaugh. We watched in amazement then figuring he had an NBA future but I guess you never know how life is going to turn out.

Well all I can say is someone that watched last nights practice told me he was on the field working out with the team. But you know something, so was everybody else. And that is the most important thing. It will never be all about one player at DB. A lot of outsiders will try to make it about that, but it will never be that way to the coaches or the players. I guess Lamon's future is in his own hands. I hope he stays on track.

It is truely bad news for the rest of region 1 AAAAA that Lamon is back. As I watch Aaron Carson leave the rolling hills of Jefferson Co. for William Blount and look at the Patriots depth chart, there is cause for major concern in Dumplin Valley. Now this to add to the worries. All this talk about DB being just as good without Williams is "garbage". Lamon Williams can totally change a defensive gameplan to where the other receivers get single coverage on linebackers. IF he is not n the game, the other receivers for DB are rather pedisterian. With Williams, DB is a threat to make it all the way to the third round of the playoffs again!!

If Im counting right I think Lamon missed 4 games last year. There was NO drop off in DB's passing game....none...nadda....zilch, in any of those games. As a matter of fact Duran had his best game of the season with Lamon not even dressed out. I agree Lamon is a great player and always draws double coverage. But DB has several "very good receivers. Clark will never put all his eggs in one basket.

All this talk about DB being just as good without Williams is "garbage".

First, I sure wish the word "garbage" had never been used in this thread especially since it was used by an Oak Ridge person initially. I sure hope people understand it is only one single person who said it and he represent only himself. That said, I agree with Red81. Williams on the field makes DB a whole different animal to defend offensively. Yes, the other DB Receivers are extremely gifted but Williams places an extremely high level of pressure on a team's Defensive Backs.

As a teacher of children and a fan of prep sports, I hope Williams plays this season because he is on the right road and has a great life.

• 2 weeks later...