MBA Football 2004

TheBigRedDog

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why at MBA??? I mean nothing against the school or facilities, but that would be extremely unfair if MBA makes the finals and gets to play on their own home field.

8 options that would be much better if available

1. Play at Coliseum ( Georgia state finals are at the Georgia Dome )

2. Play at MTSU like the public schools

3. Play at Max Finley Stadium in Chattanooga

4. Play at another large 5A type high school stadium in the area that's not in DII

5. Somehow change the time of the Clinic Bowl...possibly Thursday or Friday or maybe the next week.

6. Give the higher seeded team home field advantage.

7. Play at Father Ryan ( sorry, just had to throw that joke in )

8. Play on 2nd Avenue or in the state capitol or in Wes' dorm, anywhere...it just doesn't make since to give one of the favorites free home field advantage.

I really hope this rumor isn't true.

Why at MBA??? I mean nothing against the school or facilities, but that would be extremely unfair if MBA makes the finals and gets to play on their own home field.

8 options that would be much better if available

1. Play at Coliseum ( Georgia state finals are at the Georgia Dome )

2. Play at MTSU like the public schools

3. Play at Max Finley Stadium in Chattanooga

4. Play at another large 5A type high school stadium in the area that's not in DII

5. Somehow change the time of the Clinic Bowl...possibly Thursday or Friday or maybe the next week.

6. Give the higher seeded team home field advantage.

7. Play at Father Ryan ( sorry, just had to throw that joke in )

8. Play on 2nd Avenue or in the state capitol or in Wes' dorm, anywhere...it just doesn't make since to give one of the favorites free home field advantage.

I really hope this rumor isn't true.

825290742[/snapback]

I asked a reliable D2 source and they said that the games will not be at Vanderbilt this year and that this was going to be an issue every other year with the UT/Vandy game being moved back a week and now on Vanderbilt's campus again. Remember, they must find a place to play 3 games, not just one AND the Clinic Bowl/Vanderbilt sponsorship is still in tact for the D2 games. Therefore, I do not see the game being out of Nashville anytime soon. The Junior Chamber in Nashville offers a lot of manpower for these games and probably make them possible. Otherwise, they would probably being playing at MTSU with everyone else at 7:OO in the morning. So looking at your alternatives:

1) never would happen with TSU playing there and the possiblity of tearing up the field - no way

2) D2 schools don't want to wait 2 extra weeks to play

3) could be a possibility for Chatt. except for the Clinic Bowl deal

4) a non D2 school might be in the playoffs that weekend

5) a thursday night game might not draw .....again, the D2 AD's do not want to extend the season from what this person told me

6) could be a possibilty but the TSSAA wants them all at one site

7) ha

8) ha

MBA's field is probably the only one that could handle the crowd that is centrally located

Edited by yfd

The new venue for the DII Championship Weekend has been announced. The TSSAA decided to move the game to East Tennessee; specifically, the UT campus. Neyland Stadium was deemed too cavernous, though, so another site was selected...

403 Gibbs Hall...Capacity: 19 (if you count the bathroom, which is actually quite spacious...arrangments are being made to evict our suitemates and use their room as the press box)

:P