Best High School Rivalry

JC4life

• 2 months later...

Just about every team has at least one rivalry game, sometimes more. Just wondering what people think are some of the best rivalries in high school, bad blood or not.

You want bad blood, you need to check out the Cannon Co. Dekalb Co. rivalry. All the way up to the 2005 season Cannon hadn't beat Dekalb in over 40 years if I'm not mistaken. When Cannon beat Dekalb 47-7 that year it just heated it even more. Last year Dekalb did beat Cannon, but it was a close game. These games, not just in football, I mean this is every sport which sometimes even escalates to baseball, usually result in some sort of disturbance breaking out where the game has to be delayed. It is most definitely one of the top rivalries in Tennessee.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im gonna have to say a Bad Blood 1A rivalry would have to be Forrest vs Cascade!It really got goin this year with a lot of trash talkin at mid-field after the game followed by Cascade tearing up the locker room.Now both schools HATE each other and it has moved from a football rivalry to a school rivalry.They think there better then us and we think were better then them.Time will tell i guess though!

Rhea Co vs. Clevland is by far the best there is a true hate there. They have gotten into full out brawls 5 times and is probably one of the best games across the state every year because great rivalry's arent between bad teams great rivalry's are between great teams and Rhea and Clevland are both that!!!!

Just because there is a brawl doesnt make it a rivalry, just a bunch of hot heads who get ticked off. Besides Rhea Co. is good at getting into brawls with someone like Fitzgerald as the head man.

Edited by volman9

<span style='color:red'>Brentwood Academy - MBA</span>. The two premier private schools in Nashville, the best two football teams in Tennessee. Many of these guys run in the same circles, so they know each other well but don't always like each other all that much. Always a lot riding on the outcome, including 4 of the last 6 DII-AAA State Championships.

once upon a time it might have been mba-ryan, but these days it is mba-ba

• 3 weeks later...
Just because there is a brawl doesnt make it a rivalry, just a bunch of hot heads who get ticked off. Besides Rhea Co. is good at getting into brawls with someone like Fitzgerald as the head man.

FYI Cleveland and one particular player (who now plays for UTC) disrespected our school and field. So Cleveland started it not Rhea County. Second it dosnt matter who is the coach is when a rival school disrespect your school like cleveland did that Halloween night some 4 years of course it is going to get heated. But all that aside normally the Rhea County-Cleveland Rivalry is one of the best in state as far as competition in all sports. This is a Bad Blood Rivalry do to the verbal and physical confrontations on and off the field, but also the athletics that each school is know for.

Others Rivals that I like to watch play in the area

McCallie vs. Baylor

Soddy vs. Red Bank

Cumberland vs Rhea Co

Maryville vs. Rhea Co

Red Bank vs. Rhea Co

Soddy vs. Rhea Co

Megis vs. Polk

Bradley vs. Cleveland

Rockwood vs. Herriman

Brainerd vs Howard

Edited by Rhea Co.

Dobyns Bennett -n- Oak Ridge !

Whoever wins this game usually moves on to the simi finals. Both teams have great respect for each other. (except for that fake punt a few years ago) (oh and the year Oak Ridge was listing in on our radios) Well let me say theres "good" respect for each other. These two teams really get after each other on the field. I believe the series is tied between the two. The #1 & #2 winningest teams in the state of Tennessee. ........enough said!

WaCo <_< JaCo

I agree. Although I wouldn't be so nice to say that Oak Ridge has any respect for us. As a former player during the fake punt of '99 I can honeslty say their is much hatred in that rivalry atleast from a players stand point. The coaches might have respect for one another, but as for fans and players no love is lost. And yes, to be a great rivalry it doesn't hurt to have good win/loss records... it doesn't get much better than 1 and 2.