Eddie George is a Cowboy

I hated to see the idiotic Titans do Eddie like this but he might have got it better off this way. He'll get to play in Dallas and won't have the stupid fans saying he's lost a step when all he lost was a fullback and some good linemen. I predict he'll get around 1100 yards rushing this season. I've always been a somewhat Titan fan, with my team being in St. Louis, but now forget them. I hope they lose every game this year, I know they won't but still...Go Rams! <_<

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

dude eddie is past his prime and has been for a few years, the titans have had one of the better o-line's the last few years, so dont blame it on them. the titans have been moving a different direction as far as their offense goes, the titans are now a forward passing team, not a pound it in and mixing a few play action passes, and yes eddie has lost a step and was just playing everybody when he said he wanted to remain a titan, i think the titans got one that is just as goos at this point if not better in antowain smith. people may not think so, but floyd reese is one of the best gm's in the game and the man knows what he is doin

Goldenboy, Eddie has reached and passed his game in Tennessee. The change in venue and scenery is win-win for Eddie and The Titans. Eddie will be revigorated with all new teammates and coaches and the Titans will begin to work on their future.

Eddie George Career Stats

Great Story on Antowain Smith....

Smith leaves champs on good terms ....Boston Herald By Michael Felger

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Antowain Smith is disappointed he won't be able to continue

his career with the Patriots [stats, news], but his departure

does not constitute a messy divorce.

Smith's agent, Kennard McGuire, said last night that

the running back and the Pats parted ways on good terms

after days of negotiations failed to produce a settlement

Sunday, the deadline for the Pats to pay Smith a $500,000

option bonus.

It ended so well, in fact, that Belichick called Smith

personally yesterday morning to thank him for his work

the past three years and to wish him luck.

They spoke for a while and Antowain was very appreciative

of Bill for the opportunity he gave him,'' McGuire said.

And I think Bill was very appreciative of Antowain.''

Smith was willing to take a pay cut to return, but the

Pats were looking for him to go lower than he was comfortable

with. Smith was scheduled to make $2.4 million in 2004 had

the Pats picked up the option.

I would say he was definitely disappointed,'' McGuire said.

He's been with the organization for three years, and he won

two Super Bowls with them. He's been a big part of that success.

Of course you want to continue that journey. But the more

significant part is that it was a very amicable and peaceful

process. There are no negative thoughts out there. We tried

to reach an accord and we couldn't reach that point, so now

Antowain's a free agent.''

Smith was technically released by the Pats, which means

he doesn't have to wait for the beginning of the league's free

agent signing period March 3 to talk to interested suitors. McGuire

said he has already had contact with four teams.

While no one is ruling it out, it's unlikely the Pats would bring

Smith back later this offseason. Smith's release resulted in a $2 million

dead money'' cap hit in 2004, and any future deal Smith signed

with the Pats would be added on top of that. If the Pats had any

serious designs to bring Smith back, they would have taken care

of it last week.

Smith was scheduled to cost the Pats around $4 million against

the 2004 cap, so his release effectively saved them $2 million in

cap dollars.

We're not closing the door and I don't think they're closing the

door,'' McGuire said. ``This was not a personal issue. It was a cap

issue. So we're definitely not closing the door, but I'm not sure if it

would be good business for them to do that given the acceleration

on their cap.''

McGuire said the sides were still negotiating as late as Sunday

afternoon. He said the Pats were offering more than minimum

money, but he wouldn't get any more specific. McGuire said Smith,

31, plans on playing several more years.

Edited by ERA

The truth is, the system got the best of Eddie. If only all players were paid the same base salary and bonuses awarded for productivity then Eddie would still be a Titan. Unfortunately, players salaries have gotten way out of hand. Not to mention, these jock chasing turds that like to be called"sports agents" have too much power and influence over athletes.

I keep hearing Eddie talk about having too much pride to accept what the Titans have offered. If he really had that much pride he would have done a better job while he was here. I am not against Eddie, but I am tired of all the mess. I will not make any predictions about Eddie's replacements, but I do not think the running game will be the Titans weak spot this year.

I don't get it, unless I am really missing something here ..... he just received a Million dollar bonus in March, couple that with the Titans offer (that he rejected as a slap in the face), but yet when you look at the announced contract with the Cowboys, it is roughly the same <_< Or did I mis-read the amounts?

I hated to see the idiotic Titans do Eddie like this but he might have got it better off this way. He'll get to play in Dallas and won't have the stupid fans saying he's lost a step when all he lost was a fullback and some good linemen. I predict he'll get around 1100 yards rushing this season. I've always been a somewhat Titan fan, with my team being in St. Louis, but now forget them. I hope they lose every game this year, I know they won't but still...Go Rams! ;)

825292189[/snapback]

I hope the fans in Dallas have fun watching Edddie churn out those oh so hard 3 yards per carry.

OK,

I am one of the biggest Dallas fans there is. We needed Eddie, he might not be productive...but Parcells is able to churn out great productivity out of his runningbacks regardless of their age. His 1.5 million dollar contract is the same as the titans, BUT the cowboys offer incentives that could make the contract near 4 million dollars which is something the Titans did not do. That is one reason he decided to sign with the Cowboys, also the Cowboys were a playoff team and do like to rely on the run, especially when their returning quarterback threw 21 interceptions last year. Also, George believes that if he really has a great season, he can make even more money the year after because he will be a free agent again. George is a better runningback than Antowain Smith...look at the fact that no one had signed Smith (Including the Cowboys) but there was interest in George. Other power backs that are still on the open market are Dorsey Levens, and James Stewart who missed all of last year. If I had to choose between George and Smith, I'd choose Smith...I think out of the three, Brown is the most promising and I think the Titans will be fine especially with Holcombe and his versatility...Might be tough to get out of the AFC with the Broncos, Chiefs, Colts, Dolphins, Patriots, all returning or adding veterans.

P.S. I think the reason he went to Dallas was cus he wanted to play for a team that actually has won a Superbowl...or Two, or Three, within the last 15 years. :D

Also the addition allows for the Cowboys to start using Julius Jones for Kickoff returns perhaps...he is the all time leading return man for the Irish. I think it is definitely a win/ win situation for all parties...because the Titans could not and should not have paid him the money he was asking for...The Titans are going to be hit with serious cap issues next season I believe.

My opinion....it was time for Eddie to go. Yes, he is a good back, but has a different running style than most backs have. He is a power back, built like a full back. He likes to run over people instead of outrunning. The way linebackers and safeties are built now, he cant run over them anymore, Explaining his short gains. I do wish him the best with Dallas, and hope he can continue a good career, but again, it was time to move on.