3. BA

4. Germantown

5. DB

6. Oak Ridge

7. Maryville

8. Hillsboro

9. CBHS

10. Briarcrest

Maryville could very well find it self at 5 on this list at least by the beginning of the year. In the next three weeks, Maryville will play both Oak Ridge and DB, as well as a very formidable opponent in AE. Even though, these are just scrimmages they can tell alot about a team.

1) Brentwood Academy

2) Montgomery Bell Academy

3) Riverdale

4) Memphis University School

5) Germantown

6) Kingsport DB

7) Maryville

8) McCallie

9) Christian Brothers

10) Briarcrest

Riverdale has the talent to be ranked number one, and might beat anyone on the list, but I can't rank them at 1 since they refuse to play the Super 7 schools, and helped to engineer the split. Sorry. I do think it's BA's turn this year. This is the largest Senior class of players they have had in some time, and these guys are used to winning...they need it more than MBA this time. The Big Red may struggle at the beginning, but they will be very good at the end.

Good luck to all!

5) Oak Ridge - Give Oak Ridge D-B's Duran Ferguson at QB and they'll be tough

Bandit27,

Thank you for ranking Oak Ridge so high. I hope they live up to your expectations. However, I do wish to point out a few things about the real QB for Oak Ridge. Scott McMahon is Oak Ridge to the bone. The DB QB is a super player but I know Scott gives it his all everytime he wears the Cardinal and Gray.

Here are some stats to factor in when considering his worth to the team:

...12- 2 as a starter

...# 6 OR All Time Single Season Passing Record ( 1272 yds in 2003 )

...# 17 OR All Time Career Passing (1297 yds, 2002-Present )

...# 10 OR All Time Single Season TD Passing ( 12 TDs, 2003

...# 15 OR All Time Career TD Passing ( 14 TDs, 2002-Present )

Scott is on pace to finish in the Top Three in ALL QB categories for Oak Ridge. Yes, the DB QB is special but I'll take a true Wildcat like Scott any day. Again, thank you for picking Oak Ridge so high in your poll.

My Preseason Top 10

1.FULTON

2.Central

3.Catholic

4.CAK

5.Jefferson County

6.Oliver Springs

7.Greeneville

8.Cumberland County

9.Tyner

10.David Lipscomb

825294814[/snapback]

Can someone help Chris find his creditability...apparently he lost it before posting.

Everyone forgot about "The Mighty Melrose Golden Wildcats" we lost some good players ,but inexperience at some areas.I feel that coach Kenny Ingram and his staff are going to have these guys ready Aug.21st against Briarcrest at the Bridges Kickoff Classic Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium.

Why not? Because the best teams in 3A don`t even compare to middle teams in 5A,and the top teams in 4A.They are not in the same league,so they should not be in the same top 10. Its like putting Carson Newman,and Valdosta State University  in the same top 10 as Miami,and Michigan. While Carson Newman,and Valdosta State University are very good in their class they don`t compare.

825294495[/snapback]

No it's more like comparing Carson Newman, Valdosta State, and Tusculum to East Tennessee State, U-T Chattanooga. I think Carson Newman could compete with them. When Austin East went to play Charlotte Independence would be more of a comparison to Miami, U.T., etc. etc. Because they are the only team that was ranked Nationally.