Cloudland High football

bamascott15

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I hear the only thing the king can pump are hot dogs up to his mouth. As I recall the king never even started, he was the water boy. I agree Lunsford didn't make the football team. The only year he didn't have talent was in 1998 and we see what happened, 2-8. He knew what was coming up and he knew it was time to get out of dodge. Kieth has pratically run the offense, he will do good, just doesn't have the talent from the past. As I recall it was Kieth who was against changing defensive schemes for the playoffs, but all the other coaches went aginst him and we see what happened, upset. The lamders will be just fine.

The only thing that is wrong with cloudland football this year is that all of the players are worried about themselves and not the team. There is no one on the team that can make all-state or mabye even all-con. with the exeption of possum. Other kids like the QB, need to realize that their skills cannot match with the competition's. The team needs to be a team and quit acting like their hurt and can't practice like fatman #61, who uses 4 rolls of tape each practice to tape up all of his terrible engeries. Look at possum, he pops his shoulder out of place every ballgame and I don't here him complaining. And I think all you people need to leave the king alone. He is just speaking his opinion. The QB's mom needs to give the king more respect, because he is the only one who takes up for her son. Most people know that her son probably ranks 99 out of the 100 QB's that have went to cloudland and that he will probably throw around 5 interseptions a game instead of taking the hit. So please quit taking up for your son, or mabye you should move him to avery with his daddy. I think cloudland will do just fine if they play like a team and listen to Coach Keith.

Well Mr. Lander, the way you type, I thought you were only a student. I didn't realize that you are only an old uneducated hick. Go landers, I didn't get to start till I was a senior, but I dominated everyone on the field. I pulled 560 lbs. but only had to deadlift 400 to win the title in 1995, and in 2002 I deadlifted 600 lbs. at 172 lb. body weight. J. Mcguire, a member of the Lady Highlanders is stronger than most of this years football team. She is faster than the wide recievers. maybe she should come out for football. One of the starting tailbacks can't even benchpress 130 lbs. Give me a break! And I have to give Possom credit. He is tough, but its hard to stand alone. I hope you boys pull out a win, but you will struggle.

Hey "King" Mark or Dakota either one could bench press 170 pounds but they were great players. It don't matter how much the running back can bench press anyway because they are supposed to be quick and run hard that's what made Dakota and byrd so good because they played with heart and determanation.

Well Mr. Lander, the way you type, I thought you were only a student. I didn't realize that you are only an old uneducated hick. Go landers, I didn't get to start till I was a senior, but I dominated everyone on the field. I pulled 560 lbs. but only had to deadlift 400 to win the title in 1995, and in 2002 I deadlifted 600 lbs. at 172 lb. body weight. J. Mcguire, a member of the Lady Highlanders is stronger than most of this years football team. She is faster than the wide recievers. maybe she should come out for football. One of the starting tailbacks can't even benchpress 130 lbs. Give me a break! And I have to give Possom credit. He is tough, but its hard to stand alone. I hope you boys pull out a win, but you will struggle.

825306484[/snapback]

Wade Johnson

April 14, 2002-WPA World Powerlifting Championships-Lebanon, New Hampshire

1st 308 Open Tested

1st 308 Sub-masters tested

1st 308 Open Non-tested

Squat: 730 Bench Press: 535 Deadlift: 625 Total: 1,890

All 3 lifts and total in both open and sub-masters new state records, and squat and total are new sub-master world records. Also, the total was a non-tested world record. And the squat and total were also American records in the tested division and total in the non-tested division.

Bodyweight: 303

"king", You could have probably won this competition in your weight division. This guy only did 625 lb. in the 275 lb. class.

King,

Are you needing my services in Roan Mountain? Spoke with Mark and everything will work out for him. He's a great kid who "still" has a bright future ahead of him. I told him of a place to check on if he's interested.

You guys have been spoiled for years. Talent runs in cycles. You have a great Jr. High program on the horizon and the future looks bright for Cloudland football if you guys stick together.

I think your players need motivation by way of encouragement. A nice pat on the back goes much farther than a swift kick in the butt. Maybe these kids need your vote of confidence. I know you and that blood truly runs blue and gold.

Maybe you need to be hired as the strength and conditioning coach. You've got my vote. I am a big fan of Highlander football and no team has enjoyed any more success than that of Cloudland.

You are the King of Landers. I just don't won't you to wind up like Humpty Dumpty. Let them know you believe in them. It will be great for their morale.

Good Luck and best wishes to Mark

Starman

Hey starman, haven't heard from you in a long time! how's the family, and how is that boy of yours liking college? I think Mark is happy now he is closer to home.

As for Cloudland, I gotta get'm fired up some how. I'll let all the other Lander posters pat them on the back, I'm gonna psych these boys out. I want them to go to Hampton with fire in their eyes. Maybe they will pretend whoever is carrying the ball for Hampton is the king! :D I might be the key to victory. I would stoop pretty low to get a win!

old44, I've won a few competions by having a low bodyweight. I used to own the light weight division at Hampton. I'm thinking about coming out of retirement and competing down there again. The over all deadlift record at Hampton is 800 lb.s I don't think anybody will be breaking that one anytime soon. Right now, my bench press is at 320, hopefully 400 by next year.