Byrd quits Tusculum

THE KING

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's remember something else...Tusculum had 131 kids on campus for their spring workouts and brought in 93 freshmen and transfers this fall...I wasn't a math major, but that's 224 kids...224 is a lot...a lot too many...224 trying for 99 uniforms and 30-40 positions on the field (special teams,etc.)...that is not an easy situation for an 18 year old...add to it an 18 year old who has had the limelight in his school and community and state - Byrd did win Mr. Football in A...hate to see kids quit, but maybe he will find his proper path...I wish him the best.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk

Personally, I truly regret hearing this news. The decision was his and only he knows for sure why, but gosh, well... I'll miss hearing of him and what he could have done in football. Guess Tusculum just wasn't for him. I'm sure if he wants to go to college he'll be able to find something that suits him in football or baseball. Good guy.

Let's remember something else...Tusculum had 131 kids on campus for their spring workouts and brought in 93 freshmen and transfers this fall...I wasn't a math major, but that's 224 kids...224 is a lot...a lot too many...224 trying for 99 uniforms and 30-40 positions on the field (special teams,etc.)...that is not an easy situation for an 18 year old...add to it an 18 year old who has had the limelight in his school and community and state - Byrd did win Mr. Football in A...hate to see kids quit, but maybe he will find his proper path...I wish him the best.

Roll Tribe Roll

825301267[/snapback]

Skunk, that is a very good post, and you are right on with the math part. Tusculum is my alma mater, and I wish them well, but how can they possibly be giving any of these kids money from athletics? They have to be counting on other sources of money, and financial aid, because no school can give 93 freshmen and transfers money. And what do you do with 224 players other than run off the ones you feel can't help you. I can't really blame Byrd, maybe he didn't want to feel like a number.