huntingdon looked terrible against dresden

milan05

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yeah i forgot about the jamboree in jackson being tonight. but you get my point.. i see lots of people talking trash about things that are done in PRACTICE.. i guess it's just a way for some of the diehards who can't wait for the first game to express their team's superiority.. not blaming anyone in this thread or anything because it's alot worse elsewhere.. in other parts of the state and in higher classes.. these big-dog teams and their fans are bragging about routing a team 45-0 in a SCRIMMAGE! unless they were playing a much weaker team i dont think that accomplishs much as far as working on what needs to be fixed and getting prepared for the season

I would like to see a small town football team go all the way but I don't think its going to happen.

825302855[/snapback]

Did I miss something? When did Huntingdon grow out of small town status?

Huntingdon didn't look real sharp in the scrimmage. However, just keep in mind, they did outscore Dresden. The last time I checked it still only takes a one point edge to win a game.

Thats the same thing everyone says every year about Dresden. For the past 10 years that same line. "I think they could surprise some people again this year." is said and everyone gets their hopes up for what........a 2-3 win game season? When Dresdens goes all the way I will be convinced when someone says. "I think they could surprise some people again this year." I hope they have a good year and all but I don't think they will be surprising anyone this year or the next or the next. I would like to see a small town football team go all the way but I don't think its going to happen.

825302855[/snapback]

You know iceman, everyone makes those comments about every team every year, not just in Dresden. If I'm not mistaken, Dresden has averaged about seven wins the last couple of seasons. Where do you hail from and how many gold balls are in your trophy case?

dresden dominated huntingdon, they should win 7aa!

825302851[/snapback]

You obviously did not see the same scrimmage game I saw. Yes the Mustangs did not look real good for the first or second possesion, but they started getting their act together after that. The fact that they had a full practice session before the scrimmage could have had a lot to do with that. I'd be slow too if I had practiced for two hours before the game. I also did not see Coach Mansfield have to get in some of his players faces like I saw the Dresden coach do to at least three of his men. I believe this team will settle down and mold into a team as good as last years.