Top Assistant Coaches in West and Middle

@38320

Two of the best assistant coaches in W. TN are Swenson at Huntingdon and Blow in Camden. (I might have spelled Swenson wrong, because I have never seen his name in print.) Will Blow is an offensive genius at Camden, and both have been overlooked by several programs. Huntingdon was dumb to let Blow get away, and other schools have had their heads in the sand for not hiring Swenson, the heir apparent to Mansfield, away from Huntingdon.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Germantown has the best staff of asst's. Some of those guys have been there for years and years, like Bobby Armbruster, Terry Austin, and Andy White. Skip Brewer started off as a Jr High coach close to 15 years ago before coming on the high School staff. Charlie White was also a long time assistant under Netherland before he took over and did an amazing job.

Maybe the G-Town posters could talk more about this and how long they have been there.

Guess none of them are going anywhere though, if they didn't go when Cordova and Houston started up than they are in it for the long run as assistants because I don't see White leaving for anything.

G-Town posters- What keeps the asst's around? I know there is bigtime $$$ around there do they get some of the booster club money or do they just love working at such a tradition rich program?

Two of the best assistant coaches in W. TN are Swenson at Huntingdon and Blow in Camden. (I might have spelled Swenson wrong, because I have never seen his name in print.) Will Blow is an offensive genius at Camden, and both have been overlooked by several programs. Huntingdon was dumb to let Blow get away, and other schools have had their heads in the sand for not hiring Swenson, the heir apparent to Mansfield,  away from Huntingdon.

825302752[/snapback]

There is also another great coach on that Camden staff. He is a newcomer, with lots of go get em boy flair. His name is Chad Wyatt. He has a great defensive mind.

Jam the Bertha! Pull and Jerk!

Guest Oakland

while riverdale has had just ridiculous success, especially at the skill position, one thing you can count is that year after year their o-line will be as good as anybody, i think steve britton(o-line coach at riverdale) is just as big of a factor of riverdale's success as rankin, i am almost positive the man will get a HC job in the next few years, thought he got screwed at warren co, which if i were him, i wouldnt take it in the 1st place anyways

• 1 year later...

QUOTE(WatchThis @ Aug 16 2004 - 12:07 PM)

<a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>'s Jack Pittman is the secret behind BA's success. I hope he gets coach Flatt's job when he hangs it up.

WatchThis, I could not agree more.

What, hire Pittman, only to have flatt take the job away from him in a year or so!

ooooh...low blow.....and very true

Guest catfish-hunter

Billy Coleman - Sycamore

A GUR among GURUs...................... NO ONE, AND I MEAN NO ONE, DRIVES A BUS LIKE BILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Watch out for that short-cut!

I'll say you and that dang nasty defensive scheme of yours. 5-0 vs Cheatham Co. since 2001 says enough.

while riverdale has had just ridiculous success, especially at the skill position, one thing you can count is that year after year their o-line will be as good as anybody, i think steve britton(o-line coach at riverdale) is just as big of a factor of riverdale's success as rankin, i am almost positive the man will get a HC job in the next few years, thought he got screwed at warren co, which if i were him, i wouldnt take it in the 1st place anyways

I probably ought to start a new thread on this one.. but I'm lazy. When are the Riverdale coaches going to start bailing and take head coaching jobs. Crawford has had success at Brentwood. Scharsh has had a moderate success at Eagleville. Isn't about getting time for the "evil empire" of coaches to break-up?