Maryville at Carter

REBELRON

Maryville better get warmed up in this one for the next week. Nobody in the state, in any class, can stop ALCOA on offense, it just cant be done. Dustin Lindsey ran for 130 yards in the jamboree, IN ONE QUARTER!!! Joei Fielger was 2 for 3 with a touchdown to Brandon Warren. Logan Love also ran for a touchdown. HAHA I'm glad i go to Alcoa and wont have to suffer through the beating we are going to put on people.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Game is Friday August 20, 2004.

Kickoff is at 7:30 PM.

Location: Carter-Eblen Field - 210 N. Carter School Rd Straw Plains, TN 37871

Parking is available on the East side of the stadium directly in front of the High School and between the Middle School and High School.

Visitors sit on the School Side of the Stadium.

Home fans sit on the Creek side.

Restrooms are on the North End of the Stadium.

The Hustlin' Hornets* are excited about another season.

Saw a couple of players today at Walgreen’s and they are pumped up.

*Name given to some sports teams in the 70's and a good moniker for this team.

...and Yes there will be Fireworks.

Maryville better get warmed up in this one for the next week.  Nobody in the state, in any class, can stop ALCOA on offense, it just cant be done.  Dustin Lindsey ran for 130 yards in the jamboree, IN ONE QUARTER!!!  Joei Fielger was 2 for 3 with a touchdown to Brandon Warren.  Logan Love also ran for a touchdown.  HAHA I'm glad i go to Alcoa and wont have to suffer through the beating we are going to put on people.

825303646[/snapback]

I heard this kind of smack about 9 or 10 years ago from the twister fans. Until Meigs Co. came to town and put it on them without Stewart & Co. from the local Blount Co. officials association calling for them since it was a playoff game. :ph34r: thumb

Maryville better get warmed up in this one for the next week.  Nobody in the state, in any class, can stop ALCOA on offense, it just cant be done.  Dustin Lindsey ran for 130 yards in the jamboree, IN ONE QUARTER!!!  Joei Fielger was 2 for 3 with a touchdown to Brandon Warren.  Logan Love also ran for a touchdown.  HAHA I'm glad i go to Alcoa and wont have to suffer through the beating we are going to put on people.

825303646[/snapback]

Alcoa looked good on offense. Their defense looked suspect. Pigeon Forge moved the ball on you guys. Maryville may have a little problem with Alcoa's offense,But! Alcoa will not stop Maryville's balanced attack. Alcoa's defensive backs will not be able to cover the Maryville receivers. Thompson will throw all over Alcoa then Ryan Tallent will run right through them. Warren and Lindsey will be dead tired in the 3rd quarter from playing both sides of the ball.

I think Dave Garner will be the only player out with an injury. He should be back for the Heritage game from what I hear.

I think Ryan Tallent,Adrian Baker and Jon Lawhon should be back for the Carter game.I hope they are back.

I just hope and pray that there are no more injuries. In 2002 and 2003 I never saw so many injuries to one team as I saw those Maryville teams have. I am sick of seeing injuries. In 1998 and 2001 there were hardly any injuries. Those teams won titles. 2002 was so good they won title even though they had a ton of injuries. Andrew Hodge,Chris Large,Andrew Eubanks and Russell Clement missed 5-6 games in 2002. They all played hurt in the state title game in 2002. Ryan Headrick,Chris Large and Dave Garner were huge injury losses in 2003. Maryville may or may not have won state had those guys stayed healthy but I think they would have had a better shot.

The 2004 team has a chance for a great season. All the pieces are in place. All I ask is to see Maryville injury free this season.

Edited by REBELRON

Let's not get carried away alcoa. You guys looked great Friday night, and Maryville didn't look as good as I expected. But even so, this rivalry has been pretty lopsided in recent years and I'd think twice before making any promises....not to say that you aren't right because only time can answer that one. But in any event, I don't expect to see MHS get blown out by anyone due simply to the fact that they have so much offensive firepower. Good luck though. I like close games a lot more than I like the ones that Maryville ends in the first half.

825303646[/snapback]

I think Mr Lindsey will find out Maryville and Pigeon Forge are two different teams. Like RR said your offense may move on us some. But if i were you I would be worried about what your defense is going to do with our offense especcially with those two 5 foot nothing corners you were playing the other night. To make the statement that no one in the state in any class can stop you after what happened in your last game against DL is a little funny. And to think an Alcoa fan on another thread said Maryville fans needed to be humbled.