Obion Co. Fans

CoachD33

Stop THe MADNESS!!! :D As we travel through this journey called life, things will come up that we aren't pleased about.. But true character is displayed on not what happens , but how we react to those actions of others :D As it relates to the matter at hand, the fine folks who are faithful OC supporters need to realize some things.. 1) There are ALWAYS two sides to every story, 2) Quality is always better than quantity and 3) who knows what will happen down the road in the weeks and months to come.. Whether it be an elected official you don't approve of or a particular pro baseball team that EVERYONE is not crazy about, the Bottom line is things happen for a reason @ folks need to step back and look at the ENTIRE scope of things( past @ present) to see if TRUE betterment of the kids involved is the main objective.. :o

Side note : I understand where all of you are coming from and greatly appreciate and respect the passion you have for your athletic teams.. BE PATIENT thumb

Again, just my two cents worth..

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop THe MADNESS!!! :o  As we travel through this journey called life, things will come up that we aren't pleased about.. But true character is displayed on not what happens , but how we react to those actions of others :D As it relates to the matter at hand, the fine folks who are faithful OC supporters need to realize some things.. 1) There are ALWAYS two sides to every story, 2) Quality is always better than quantity and 3) who knows what will happen down the road in the weeks and months to come.. Whether it be an elected official you don't approve of or a particular pro baseball team that EVERYONE is not crazy about, the Bottom line is things happen for a reason @ folks need to step back and look at the ENTIRE scope of things( past @ present) to see if TRUE betterment of the kids involved is the main objective.. :D

Side note : I understand where all of you are coming from and greatly appreciate and respect the passion you have for your athletic teams.. BE PATIENT thumb

Again, just my two cents worth..

825305732[/snapback]

What?!? :D

Edited by sportsradiotn

Redbirdfan....

Enlighten us o wise one :D ....

Has the radio station not got the money to pay the broadcasters??

Is it too much trouble for the radio station to broadcast a live play-by-play show ??

Has the Voice of The Rebels heard too much criticizm and decided not to do the games anymore??

Does the radio station believe that there is nobody out there capable enough to take over if DC has decided not to do the games ??

How can a live update show be better than a live play-by-play show ??

There has got to be a reason the decision was made to stop doing the games on a play-by-play basis....

I agree with you occhsfan, redbird you seem to be awful close to this sitiuation, so lay it on the line have fans been complaining about centrals play by play man, and if this is the case I dont see there complaint DC seems to be very good at what he does he has a passion for the programs, but if there have been any complaints why doesnt the radio station sit down with him and resolve this matter rather than drop play by play the players enjoy knowing they may get their names called out on the air and the folks that listen remember these kids names, and when they see them out in public or at church or any where they tell the guys hey i heard your name on the radio the other night I think this gives the players alot of pride

occhsfan...

I've talked to Danny Carr and believe me he is just as upset as everyone else.I would also like to know the "real" reason the play by play was taken away.We didn't make the letter to the editor edition in the Union City Daily Messenger,but there's always next week? :D

825306001[/snapback]

I heard that we didn't make the paper Rebfan65...Maybe they had alot of people write in and they are going to run them in Thursday's edition by theirselves...Or maybe they didn't think it was important enough to run our letters??...Why did Danny Carr say they pulled the play-by-play???....Surely they gave him a reason....

Redbirdfan....

Enlighten us o wise one  ;) ....

Has the radio station not got the money to pay the broadcasters??

Is it too much trouble for the radio station to broadcast a live play-by-play show ??

Has the Voice of The Rebels heard too much criticizm and decided not to do the games anymore??

Does the radio station believe that there is nobody out there capable enough to take over if DC has decided not to do the games ??

How can a live update show be better than a live play-by-play show ??

There has got to be a reason the decision was made to stop doing the games on a play-by-play basis....

825305985[/snapback]

Having been the Voice of the Rebels for about 16 years, I feel that I can clear up some of the questions on here. As to me having decided not to do Rebel games anymore, nothing could be further from the truth. I have put too many years into covering the Rebels to have done that. I had full intentions of continuing the tradition until i was informed last week of the format change. I, as parent of a Rebel football player, and a broadcaster do not think that this is the best format to cover both Obion Co, and South Fulton. But I had decided to try to do the updates, until today when again I met with the station managment, and due to the fact that we do not see eye-to-eye on this, and the fact that they felt that my lack of support could be a problem, I was told that my services are no longer needed. So as of today I am no longer associated with the station. As to why the station has decided to go to this format, they truly believe that this is a better format for covering the area. This is not a money issue, or an issue with me, this is a format they think will work. At least as far as I know this is true. So for the first time in about 16 years I will not be doing the game, I must admit that seems odd. I would like to say to all the people that I have been associated with at Obion Co. Central, it has been my honor to have been able to cover and support these teams. I have met some of the best young men and women there are while doing this job. To all the players, coaches, parents, fans, teachers, administration, other members of the media, and all those who have listened over the years, Thank You for the memories I take from this, it has truly been a blessing to me for a long time. Again just so we are clear I DID NOT decide not to cover games anymore. Finally let me say this, while I know that some people did not like to listen to our broadcast, due to the fact I was to biased, or I got to excited, and that's fine, everyone has their own opinion and I understand that. Just know this, I put everything I had into doing games, as I felt the kids deserved nothing less, and I will continue to support "my kids". I would ask that you do the same.

Danny, I'm sorry to hear that you will not be associated with the Rebel coverage at all this year. I know that it has been a big part of your life for some time. Thanks for all you did for Lucas when he was playing and for all the other Rebels who have taken the court and field in these 16 years. I'm a firm believer that all things happen for a reason and maybe with Jake now a Rebel it was time to be full-time parent during sport seasons.

I once again maintain that in my opinion (and I feel I'm pretty uniquely qualified in this circumstance) that this is not a sound move from a business, public relations, or broadcasting standpoint. But they didn't ask me did they.

I heard that we didn't make the paper Rebfan65...Maybe they had alot of people write in and they are going to run them in Thursday's edition by theirselves...Or maybe they didn't think it was important enough to run our letters??...Why did Danny Carr say they pulled the play-by-play???....Surely they gave him a reason....

825306010[/snapback]

I'm gonna say it was probably not important enough to them.I guess the new format is gonna happen whether we like it or not.I just don't see how giving updates from Westview,Fulton Co.,Fulton City,Lake Co.,and Dresden is gonna make this any better.This is nothing but a cheap ripoff of what 97.7 does.At least they do play by play still.Oh well,life goes on. thumb

Please explain to me what Westview,Fulton Co,Fulton City,Lake Co. and Dresden have to do with Obion Co....

Who in Obion Co. cares about those football teams??

Westview and Dresden are already covered and the other teams don't have enough fans combined to fill the stadium in Troy...

This radio station better cater to the people that butter their bread....

Danny, I don't blame you for not going along with this stupid format....

I hope when the Rebels start making it farther into the playoffs and eventually to the state championship game this radio station doesn't try to jump back on the bandwagon.....

Again,maybe Terry Hailey will step up and put the Rebels on the fm side of his radio station...

Or who knows?? Didn't Paul Tinkle put his new radio tower on the Obion Co side of the county line between OC and Weakley Co.??

I understand they are in the planning process of building a new facility in Troy for a new Obion County Central High School.. Brand new gym, complete with all the bells and whistles.. State of the art which will be welcome for the Rebel faithful who have longed for a school as the ole 40+ year old structure has seen it's better days :( A media person's DREAM whether they be covering the game for a newspaper, TV or Radio.. B) In the meantime, someone told me last evening that some guy named Miller will be doing some OC updates this year :D My advise as a non-partisan observer in this matter is to contact the station to have your questions answered.. A conversation between TWO ADULTS conducted in a kind and courteous manner is not out of the realm of possibility B)

That's all I've got to say about that!! B)