Obion Co. Fans

CoachD33

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people in South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Fulton</a> are happy? I think not, talk to some of them, and you'll find out. The people in Union City have WENK, they don't care. The people in Weakley Co. have the stations over there, they don't care. So 8 happy areas, i don't think so, maybe one happy area in Lake Co. And your right, in the end it is not our call, BUT it is our call to listen to your updates or not. Most have chosen not to listen. I guess a handful of people listening in LC is better than several thousand in OC.

825350905[/snapback]

Now, let's try 6 groups of people happy, and 2 not. Obion County and South Fulton not happy, Gleason, Fulton City, Fulton County, Lake County(who have no radio coverage previously), Greenfield, Westview, and Dresden.

Speaking of the "stations up in Weakley County". Let's just say most sports fans don't take any of those seriously around here.

Now, let's try 6 groups of people happy, and 2 not.  Obion County and South Fulton not happy, Gleason, Fulton City, Fulton County, Lake County(who have no radio coverage previously), Greenfield, Westview, and Dresden.

Speaking of the "stations up in Weakley County".  Let's just say most sports fans don't take any of those seriously around here.

825351153[/snapback]

I did not know that they don't take the Weakley Co. stations seriously over there. That's funny, they were named Weakley Co. Chamber of Commerce business of the year this year. oh well, I know for a fact they were taken seriously when Westview played at O.C. two weeks ago. All those people in the stands with radios were not listening to "updates". Most all the schools you named, with the exception of Lake Co. are covered at least some games with play-by-play, and updated on the other games. Even Lake Co. as stated on this thread has audio on a local T.V. station. The only two that do not have that are the two schools in this county, Obion Co Central, and South Fulton. So yes I guess all these schools, some of which are getting double coverage would be happy. And yes the two school in Obion Co. are not happy. Hey, if you guys don't take the Weakley Co. stations seriously, maybe they could come over and cover Obion Co. and South Fulton. I bet they would be "taken seriously" here.

Now, let's try 6 groups of people happy, and 2 not.  Obion County and South Fulton not happy, Gleason, Fulton City, Fulton County, Lake County(who have no radio coverage previously), Greenfield, Westview, and Dresden.

Speaking of the "stations up in Weakley County".  Let's just say most sports fans don't take any of those seriously around here.

825351153[/snapback]

Hey Robin, I didn't know we weren't taken seriously by sports fans. I guess we should just shut down or maybe play rock music all night. Oh but that's already being done isn't it!

Hey Robin, I didn't know we weren't taken seriously by sports fans. I guess we should just shut down or maybe play rock music all night. Oh but that's already being done isn't it!

825351281[/snapback]

NWhoop....You guys are taken very seriously by alot of folks around here. The Pre-Game Meal is a great show, you coverage is good, and always there. And the West Tenn. Scoreboard Show is listened to by anyone who wants a score. Those of us in Obion Co. look at it this way, you cover the schools in your county, it was once that way here. But now....well you know what we have....UPDATES :D As i said we have an audience waiting for you, and we will take you seriously :P

Lake County has coverage...one of the cable channels (one of those that carries weather info and local stuff while playing music in the background) carrys the audio of the games.

And you can pick that up in your CAR!! :P

825351142[/snapback]

I'd say that most people listening to games on the radio are doing so from their home not their automobiles.

I'd say that most people listening to games on the radio are doing so from their home not their automobiles.

825351305[/snapback]

This is true most of the listeners are at home, and turned the radio on BECAUSE the ballgame is on, or in our case was on. Most people at home are not listening to the radio, just to listen to music. As for the family of stations that cover Weakley Co. and Gibson Co., you guys do a great job with all you do. The call in show with Robin Cude is listened to by people all over this part af the state, and your scoreboard show after the game is the place to go for scores. I can't understand that comment by dude. Hey guys keep up the good work, and sportsradio, I'll see you next week.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!

NWhoop....You guys are taken very seriously by alot of folks around here. The Pre-Game Meal is a great show, you coverage is good, and always there. And the West Tenn. Scoreboard Show is listened to by anyone who wants a score. Those of us in Obion Co. look at it this way, you cover the schools in your county, it was once that way here. But now....well you know what we have....UPDATES :D As i said we have an audience waiting for you, and we will take you seriously :D

825351296[/snapback]

Thanks, ocrebel for the kind remarks. We all do our best to cover Weakley & Gibson Counties and all of West Tennessee on our "family" of stations. From The Pre-Game Meal through the Scoreboard Show we think we have the most complete coverage. What is the best is a judgement call by listeners. I would encourage people who like what is being done on 93.7, 97.7, & 101.3 to write or e-mail the stations and let them know.

Being a small business owner I know that there are times when decisions are made on facts and numbers I can tell you the facts and numbers don't always add up. I happen to know that OC has a senior parent that is very ill and could not attend the game against Covington. I know that this parent comes to games when she should be at home and it takes her the whole week to get her strength back just to make the next game. These are the people that are suffering from this decision and I know there are more just like this parent that are not able to attend. I am not going to sit here and belittle the station or anyone associated with it but what if the shoe was on the other foot and you had a son playing and due to circumstances couldn't make the game. Like someone on this thread stated it is not the general publics call to make.

825351281[/snapback]

Who's Robin? I'm Batman!

Seriously, though, he did state that it was the Weakley County stations not being taken seriously...nothing said about the Gibson County stations. I hate to distance myself from you now...but...

As you know, not everyone likes that style of play by play done by Big Brother...but some people do and he does cover the county pretty well. So, I would say that for what the Weakley County stations are trying to accomplish, they've pretty much been successful. As the ole adage goes "you can't please everyone all the time."

As Forrest Gump said, "That's all I got to say about that." I've got to be careful on this forum. :D