JCM @ Union City

sportsradiotn

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Another thing.....you said who cares about coach Shanks anyway.

I'll tell you this...you better care ...Had it not been for Coach Shanks UC would not have had the facilities it has today....

Larry got the original part of the fieldhouse built and he got the stadium renovated from a dump when he got there....

He also got Union City to its first playoff game in years after many years of garbage teams...And he made it to the playoffs when you had to win your district and not go into the 10 th game of the year at 1-8 like you guys did with a legitimate shot at gaining that 4th and final birth into the playoffs....

Know your roots before spouting off at the mouth about someone who started the turnaround of UC football fortunes to what is has been up until last years team bumbled and fumbled its way to a 2-8 record..... thumb

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that UC will be a much improved club from last season B) The Purple and Gold play one of the toughest non-region schedules around with JCM , NorthSide , Obion Central and defending state champs Huntingdon on the list.. I'm looking forward to the game Friday as UC will have BRAND NEW uniforms which will show actual PURPLE AND GOLD for the fans B) If you don't look good, you can't play good and I think from a confidence level these new uniforms are just what the doctor ordered.. And remember , you read here first :D

Lol @ top notch coach.......I think @UC he was Coach Barnes' sideline area coach...You know the one that tells the players to get back off the sideline.....

JCM wins .... They will sure like the facilities though...Some of the best in the state...I wish UC was playing them back in the day when they were beating up on everyone and making it to the state semi and championship games....But hey Milan fans ...UC played at JCM last year...without incident....

825305052[/snapback]

Looks like Union City needs Coach Hampton back to help them back to the locker room after his Cougars ran them off the field.

I was tickled to death about the play of junior QB Ricky Borner who was making his first start. Ricky was very accurate with his passes, made smart decisons and was equally elusive running the ball. One thing I took from this game was SPEED. JCM has plenty of it. The Cougars though showed they need a lot more work on special teams. Too many mistakes there. Union City is a 2A team and we handled them like we should. We get Bartlett at home next week. Should be a better test for us.

I`m just glad that we seemed to come out ready to play. Last year when Union City came to Rothrock we didn`t look ready to play and almost lost to the Tornadoes.

Enjoyed the trip to Union City. Great place to play. Could have done without that 2nd quarter rainstorm though. Good Luck to Union City. Hope that kid that got hurt is OK.

Looks like Union City needs Coach Hampton back to help them back to the locker room after his Cougars  ran them off the field.

825308537[/snapback]

First of all, congrats to JCM for beating up on what is basically a Class A team. Who's next for you big guys, Gleason??? .... Now, this is NOT Cedric's team yet. This is the team of Hardegree, Shanks and Vowell, all are gone now. Let's see how good a coach ol' Ced is when its his team. Hey, lets see what kind of coaching skills ol' Ced has when he's in a tight game against the likes of Morris at Milan. And I hate to say this, but that 49-7 win won't look as good at the end of the season when UC has finished up another 2-8 (if that many wins) season. ... And, no, UC doesn't need Ced back. UC won in spite of Ced when he was there in the 1990s.

First of all, congrats to JCM for beating up on what is basically a Class A team. Who's next for you big guys, Gleason??? .... Now, this is NOT Cedric's team yet. This is the team of Hardegree, Shanks and Vowell, all are gone now. Let's see how good a coach ol' Ced is when its his team. Hey, lets see what kind of coaching skills ol' Ced has when he's in a tight game against the likes of Morris at Milan. And I hate to say this, but that 49-7 win won't look as good at the end of the season when UC has finished up another 2-8 (if that many wins) season. ... And, no, UC doesn't need Ced back. UC won in spite of Ced when he was there in the 1990s.

825308746[/snapback]

You`re wrong. This IS Coach Hampton`s team and the Cougars came out much better prepared for this opener than we were last year when we played Union City at home. We lost a lot of key players from last year including Adam November. We are starting a new QB as well. Coach Hampton will do fine.

Edited by VolunteerGeneral

Thank's Vg I was going to reply but you did it much better than I could . Union City has some problems and I hope they turn things around soon. I just don't see how bad-mouthing Coach Hampton will help .

825308762[/snapback]

My how the mighty have fallen!!!

Nobody that knew what they were talking about bad-mouthed Cedric...

But the jury is still out on him because he is riding on the coat-tails of another coaches talent...Give it time you folks will be wanting a new coach...

But then again he may be just what the Cougars do need....