middle school football

Hawk4life

IRISHDOG Posted Today, 08:48 PM

One of the best middle school leagues in middle Tennessee is the Parochial League in Nashville. The top teams in the league, St. Henry, St. Edwards, Christ the King , and Holy Rosary, have beat all of the top teams in the Nashville area, David Lipscomb, Ensworth, BA, and many others. This league has been very strong for three years now. With about 95% of these players going on to Father Ryan the future of Irish football should be strong.

Unless I am mistaken, the only middle school loss for BA in the last

five years has been to MBA last year.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

825362584[/snapback]

I know that St. Henry beat them in the jamboree this year and Christ the King beat them last year. I know that a jamboree is not a regular game but it was starters vs. starters.

IRISHDOG Posted Today, 09:03 PM

QUOTE(jek @ Sep 30 2004 - 08:56 PM)

I know that St. Henry beat them in the jamboree this year and Christ the King beat them last year. I know that a jamboree is not a regular game but it was starters vs. starters.

The Jamboree is two quarters of preseason work for all the players (not starters

vs starters). I can't speak for this year but last year Christ the King scored a last

second touchdown against seventh graders to take the lead. Jamborees are game

situations that give coaches the opportunity get the kinks worked out prior to the

start of the season. It's the regular season that counts. Who have they beaten

in the regular season?

West tn actually has a west tn sectional champion. Mid-west tn champ (martin, Paris, and most of obion) plays the jackson area champ to move on to the semi to play the winner of north mem (covington, haywood, etc) and far NW(Dyerburg, union city, etc). Jackson area usually does not want to play in playoffs, so they forfeit. The winner of the semi game will travel to memphis and play their winner. This years semi will be @ paris inman. Last year Martin won the mid west title and travel to haywood. Haywood won that game and went to memphis and lost. Paris won the title 2 years ago. Does east or middle TN have a set up similar to this??

A few people in Campbell County are so obsessed with what is going on in Anderson County. All these rumors- concentrate on what's going on up there. That's been part of the problem in the past, you were losers and you wanted to blame it on someone else. Focus, focus, focus.... you guys are having a great year....keep your focus.