middle school football

Hawk4life

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look and study (very carefully may I add) the TSSAA play-off guidelines listed on the TSSAA.org website. After studying ALL of those crazy tie-breakers, play-off seedings are awarded:

I can't explain it very well, but....CAK and Midway both tied with 5 wins since CAK, Midway, and Coalfield all went 4-2 in conference play splitting with each other. Since CAK & Midway each had 5 wins, they went by losses. Since CAK had 2 losses and Midway had 3 losses, CAK is second. Next, Midway and Coalfield were tied. This tie-breaker included head-to-head which Coalfield won. Thus, .....

1. Harriman

2. CAK

3. Coalfield

outside looking in: Midway

ok this guys full of it...Maryville beat roberts ville like 30 somethin to 0...if maryville was  in the TMSAA we would dominate

825381431[/snapback]

so why doesnt Maryville join the tmsaa???

a playoff system makes middle school football even better...

825382705[/snapback]

Is it possible that the eligibility rules on age and holding kids back in grades 6 -8 keep some of you folks out of the state association? Surely Murrville folks can come up with the $300 to join!!!!!!!!!!!! thumb

Edited by possumcop

I was listening to my scanner last night and heard an ambulance was called to the Robbins/Coalfield game.  The paramedics said they had a neck injury.  Was this a Coalfield or Robbins boy that got hurt, and does anyone know if was very serious?

825382654[/snapback]

He had some kind of whiplash injury don't know to what extent I think he is ok though.

Look and study (very carefully may I add) the TSSAA play-off guidelines listed on the TSSAA.org website. After studying ALL of those crazy tie-breakers, play-off seedings are awarded:

I can't explain it very well, but....CAK and Midway both tied with 5 wins since CAK, Midway, and Coalfield all went 4-2 in conference play splitting with each other. Since CAK & Midway each had 5 wins, they went by losses. Since CAK had 2 losses and Midway had 3 losses, CAK is second. Next, Midway and Coalfield were tied. This tie-breaker included head-to-head which Coalfield won. Thus, .....

1. Harriman

2. CAK

3. Coalfield

outside looking in: Midway

825382877[/snapback]

Alright, BIGBIGBIG change in th playoff picture as of this morning.

Due to a game being turned in as a forfeit win by one of the south region teamsin A, I think Coalfield, and the TMSAA not recognizing forfeit wins in any way, Midway is now the #2 seed, CAK the 3 seed, and Coalfield is OUT. Thus Fairview will be hosting CAK, and Huntsville travelling to Midway, both on Thursday night, as of right now. Just had it confirmed by both principals at Fairview and Huntsville.

Boy, does that change things.

Alright, BIGBIGBIG change in th playoff picture as of this morning.

Due to a game being turned in as a forfeit win by one of the south region teamsin A, I think Coalfield, and the TMSAA not recognizing forfeit wins in any way, Midway is now the #2 seed, CAK the 3 seed, and Coalfield is OUT. Thus Fairview will be hosting CAK, and Huntsville travelling to Midway, both on Thursday night, as of right now. Just had it confirmed by both principals at Fairview and Huntsville.

Boy, does that change things.

825387774[/snapback]

CAK had turned in a forfeit as well. They sure have disappointed some very deserving kids :(

I guess somebody whinned enough huh?

825387808[/snapback]

Dunno about that, to be honest. Just know the result. If you cancel a game, it's not automatically a forfeit win. Thought that would be common sense, but I don't know the circumstances. But I'm looking forward to seeing CAK here on Thursday at Scott High School.

Well, one mom on here sure has whinned. I will venture to say that not much will be heard from the Coalfield folks over this, that squeky wheel and grease thing. It was not Coalfield that cancelled the sense is the team that cancells gets a forfeit. And if a team can't pick up a team to play to complete a schedule they get punished just like the punishment whinned about by the Midway supporter above.

This has really mucked up the procedure. Hmmmmm?

I talked with Johnny Bruce about this and he said both teams (Coalfield and CAK) knew the game was not to count. CAK, by mistake, had an asst. coach that didn't know this and turned in a 6-2 record instead of 5-2. Coalfield turned in a 4-3 record.

If the proper records where turned in, there would have been no controversy.

I don't think anyone should blame Midway for challenging this because they were in the right.

I don't think Coalfield is mad. I talked with Coalfield AD Shawn Basler and he completely understands the ruling. He said the hardest thing is having to tell the kids, but in the end the correct ruling was made. I think that showed a lot of class from Mr. Basler.

If there is a bright side, hopefully, TMSAA will do a better job in the future of posting schedules and knowing the playoff scenarios before a situation like this happens again.