Sumner Co. jamboree results

timbdp

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Station Camp struggled. I'm not sure Portland got a good test.

WH passing attack was actually a little off, imo. We missed two sure TD's if the ball is delivered to the right spot. Commandos had a couple of good looking athletes, but couldn't do much with the Blue Devil offensive and defensive lines.

WH will have a good year but really need to stay healthy along the line of scrimmage.

I totally agree with the post above about Station Camp; tonight, i witness the utter distruction of a football team. Their ONLY saving grace of an excuse, is the fact that Station Camp is a second year school. ofcourse the excuse of being the "new persons" of the football relm is/will run out very quickly. If they can not get a stable program up and running soon, they will never be able to pick up any talent... and will be deligated to 4-6 or worse every year. If there is an Internet pool on the final records of the Sumner Co. Teams... i want to be the first in line to get 0-10 for SC, B/c if many other people saw them play tonight... there will be a mad rush for that pick.

Congrats to WH, they looked like they will have a good season, lots of talent in the tail back pos. #23 looked fast, also #4....

HHS, not so hot .... 5-5 again?

Good Luck to all the Sumner Co teams this year (SC NEEDS IT MOST OF ALL)

Station Camp will come along. They have some size on their team, but they did seem to lack direction. That first kick-off where the Portland dude slipped was inexcusable. If he hadn't have slipped, he'd been gone.That is coaching's job. I hope they get it together. That school will grow, numbers-wise, so they will depend on successful sports programs to keep people interested in going there.

Beech's freshmen were small, but never gave up, to a much bigger Gallatin freshman team. My hat's off to them. The poor QB was run all over. He had absolutely no blocking each time he dropped back.

White House... I am going to try to NOT get too excited, but they really did impress me.

Bigwheel, That was the smallest (in regards to size of players) Beech freshman class I have ever seen in a 5a program. They did a good job on defense but couldn't get anyone blocked up front.

I was a little embarrassed for Station Camp. They had to call a timeout on their first offensive play because all of their players were not on the field. If not mistaken, they did the same thing last year at the jamboree.

The Blue Devils DID look good because they ARE good. Backfield is solid, Defensive backs are all returnees, senior led team, experienced QB, and along the line of scrimmage that is the group that will get the job done. WH doesn't have blazing speed, but the overall team speed is as good as its been at WH. The linemen are some of the same players that got playing time as sophomores. The only concern I saw was possibly a lack of depth with the linemen. We need to stay away from injuries along the line of scrimmage. I don't know if this adds up to victories, but sure looks like it will.