Huntingdon Jamboree Scores

@38320

I don't believe that they would stand a prayer at beating Huntingdon without Hayes, but I do believe that they would beat Riverside, Adamsville, and Chester County without Hayes in the lineup.  Now to Camden!!!  If Hayes were not to play in the game with the Lions, then it would simply be the "Cody Cook-Josh Boyd Show".  I would honestly have to pick Camden due to the fact that the Lions return 10 STARTERS to the defensive side of the football, but it would be close.  With Hayes in the lineup, I see McKenzie beating Camden 35-14.  The fact of the matter is that Hayes can be that much of a difference maker.

825310498[/snapback]

That is all I wanted to know. I guess the guy that was named all region, all west and all state the past 2 years can't make a difference?? That's fine. This is really funny though. I was told I was building hype and being cocky because I said Cook was a difference maker. But I forget the people in McKenzie and the surrounding area have a different set of rules for Drew though. But it ain't his fault. I truly believe that Drew is a good athlete. I bet Cook would really like to know that you people think so highly of him after all he has went through to be on that field. The kid has played his heart out the past 2 years. The kid eats, sleeps and breathes football. He loves the game. Always has, always will. But I refuse to get into an argument about who the better player is or anything ridiculous like that. I just think that is a shame that Cody isn't even considered good enough to hang with the top guys anymore. But I got news for you, HE IS!! Regardless of what some people think since Drew is here, Cody is a very talented football player. Offensively, defensively and special teams. But enough said. I wish the Rebels the best of luck this year. Hope the guys make a playoff run this year.

Edited by psychorebel

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize that Cook is an excellent football player, but imagine the Mckenzie offense without Hayes.  The opposing teams would stack 8-9 guys in the box and dare Cook to beat them and he would beat some of them because he simply is that good.  Now imagine the offense without Cook.  Hayes would have more pressure on him due to the fact that Cook's running would not be there for him to complement off of or vise versa.  They are both equally important to the Rebs offense because they would lose lots of firepower either way.  If anyone does not believe me then simply take and look at the McKenzie offense in 2005 which will lack the running of Cody Cook.  I will be the first to say that Hayes is going to miss him very much.

825310507[/snapback]

Then why can't you people say this. Why say things like McKenzie doesn't stand a chance without Hayes? Why do you all think that McKenzie is doomed without him? A good team and a good coach well find other ways to win. I certainly hope that everyone has more faith in the team and Coach Comer than to honestly believe that without one man we are going to fail. We can't have a good TEAM until people start to believe in the guys. Believe in the TEAM not the individual. I know the guys on the team think that if Drew goes down they can win more games and stand a chance against Huntingdon or Camden. They know that even in the face of adversity they can still shine!! That is what makes a truly great TEAM!! Let's let Cody and Drew actually feed off each other this year and see what happens. I think you would be truly amazed at how good we could actually be! So enough bickering and let's agree on at least one thing..... GO REBELS!!!!

I don't believe that they would stand a prayer at beating Huntingdon without Hayes, but I do believe that they would beat Riverside, Adamsville, and Chester County without Hayes in the lineup.

825310498[/snapback]

I don't know if I agree with that, especially if Cook is the only viable option at RB. All a team has to do is load the box and key on him. Without Hayes there to spread the field, Cook could have a hard time finding room to run.

Lexington 13  McKenzie 7

McKenzie still has an air attack and a half. Lexington looks better than they were last year. 

Camden didn't look as good as they did in the scrimmages, but will be ready next Friday night for the Waverly Tigers.

Late score just in: Huntingdon 20, Henry County 0

Good games men. Go 6AA!

825309233[/snapback]

It won't take much to be ready for Waverly. They are going to have a definite rebuilding year. Take it easy on them. ;)

Then why can't you people say this. Why say things like McKenzie doesn't stand a chance without Hayes? Why do you all think that McKenzie is doomed without him? A good team and a good coach well find other ways to win. I certainly hope that everyone has more faith in the team and Coach Comer than to honestly believe that without one man we are going to fail. We can't have a good TEAM until people start to believe in the guys. Believe in the TEAM not the individual. I know the guys on the team think that if Drew goes down they can win more games and stand a chance against Huntingdon or Camden. They know that even in the face of adversity they can still shine!! That is what makes a truly great TEAM!! Let's let Cody and Drew actually feed off each other this year and see what happens. I think you would be truly amazed at how good we could actually be! So enough bickering and let's agree on at least one thing..... GO REBELS!!!!

825310510[/snapback]

Curious, what was Cody's stats his sophmore year through game 9. And then after 10 thru the playoffs?

Curious, what was Cody's stats his sophmore year through game 9.  And then after 10 thru the playoffs?

825310657[/snapback]

Well I'm curious Coach Lunn(I'm fairly confident that is who this is). Are you trying to say that Cody Slacked off in the playoffs? Well, since you asked about his stats I'll tell you. At the end of week 9 he had 1,167 yards rushing (Eclipsing the school rushing record). After the Huntingdon game he added 89 yards. Now during the 4 games of the playoffs he had 131 carries for 482 yards. Now that is only 3.7 yards a carry but that is also 120.5 yards a game at an average of 32 carries. Now the only word that comes to my mind is "WORKHORSE"!! For him to be able to even be able to keep going was a task in itself. Now all I want is for McKenzie to have a TRULY BALANCED ATTACK. This will open us up so that we can totally dominate teams. So enjoy the season!!! GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!

Well I'm curious Coach Lunn(I'm fairly confident that is who this is). Are you trying to say that Cody Slacked off in the playoffs? Well, since you asked about his stats I'll tell you. At the end of week 9 he had 1,167 yards rushing (Eclipsing the school rushing record). After the Huntingdon game he added 89 yards. Now during the 4 games of the playoffs he had 131 carries for 482 yards. Now that is only 3.7 yards a carry but that is also 120.5 yards a game at an average of 32 carries. Now the only word that comes to my mind is "WORKHORSE"!!  For him to be able to even be able to keep going was a task in itself. Now all I want is for McKenzie to have a TRULY BALANCED ATTACK. This will open us up so that we can totally dominate teams. So enjoy the season!!! GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!

825310936[/snapback]

not saying he slacked at all. He got better b/c w/ Drew in, teams couldn't stack 9 in the box against us dare us to pass. Bottom line is, they both need each other and the QB is always going to be in the spot light b/c he is looked on as the leader of the football team.

not saying he slacked at all.  He got better b/c w/ Drew in, teams couldn't stack 9 in the box against us dare us to pass.  Bottom line is, they both need each other and the QB is always going to be in the spot light b/c he is looked on as the leader of the football team.

825311674[/snapback]

I totally agree that they need each other. They each take pressure off the other. But Cody broke the school rushing record before Drew ever started a game. So I wouldn't exactly say that he got better with Drew in there. Although I do agree it took pressure off of him, which was good. And the quarterback might not always be in the spotlight and be the leader of the team. I believe people would agree with me when I say that even though Ray Lewis plays linebacker for the Ravens, he is the true leader of that team. So you don't have to lead the offense to lead the team even though that is what most people say. And no I'm not saying Drew isn't capable of being the leader. So I wish the Rebels luck against Obion County this Friday!! Hope we take a big crowd. GO REBELS!!!!

I totally agree that they need each other. They each take pressure off the other. But Cody broke the school rushing record before Drew ever started a game. So I wouldn't exactly say that he got better with Drew in there. Although I do agree it took pressure off of him, which was good. And the quarterback might not always be in the spotlight and be the leader of the team. I believe people would agree with me when I say that even though Ray Lewis plays linebacker for the Ravens, he is the true leader of that team. So you don't have to lead the offense to lead the team even though that is what most people say. And no I'm not saying Drew isn't capable of being the leader. So I wish the Rebels luck against Obion County this Friday!! Hope we take a big crowd. GO REBELS!!!!

825311983[/snapback]

I wonder how many yards he would have ran for if Drew had started all year?

Looking forward to Friday. See you at the game Brandon.