Cloudland Football Team

cloudlandfan6903

I was disappointed in this years team. I know we have losed our line, but that is no excuse why our lineman were just dominated. I didn't expect us to do well, but that was horrible. Our lineman did very well pass blocking, but they did horrible blocking the run. Most of them did the best they could do, except #61, who was hurt every other play. It made me sick to read the paper and see him saying that was playing hurt. That is a load of crap. It's just a sorry excuse for his horrible play. He does not play true cloudland football. Horney, possum, and Gary are what cloudland football is about. They played there guts out. And our quarterback is horrible. He is the most gutless quarterback i've ever seen. I heard rummers that he is quiting. Good, nobody will miss you. He was even crieing. You never seen Byrd crieing. For the rest of the landers you got heart. And thats what cloudland football is all about. And if you are a lunsford fan, you never heard him blame a loss on his self. Gary Keith is a true coach, he blamed a lose on his self, which wasn't his fault. I thought he done an exelent job. You couldn't ask for a better coach. Give him some talent and you will know what I mean. King of Landers I know you will take up for lunsford, but lunsford left because of talent. Keith will show you.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cloudlandfan6903 ,to put it mildly,you are not very bright. Great coaches take average boys and make good football players out of them. Thats how Lunsford won year after year. Cloudland has the least amount of talent than any school in Carter Co. Sure you get a Byrd or Clipse every now and then,but so does everyone else. Its all in the numbers,Cloudlands numbers are small and so is the amount of talent. To win at a school like Cloudland, you have to get a very high perccent of kids out, you have to make them tough as nails. You have to have extreme discapline. You have to do things better than everyone around you. Cloudland has had a great program, but its not because they were more talented ,talent plays ball on Saturdays. You don't need to get on here and run down some of the kids,its a team sport. Coach Kieth may turn out to be a great coach some day, Lunsford has already passed the test, go watch Avery Friday night and you will see a more talented Cloudland offence being run. It put 42 points on the board by halftime against a team that had quite a bit more size.I saw it last Friday night .It will only get better, its alot bigger school with alot more talent. You need to leave Lunsford out of this,he helped win 136 games ,he has one of the very highest winning percentages in the state at one of the least talented schools . Beat schools that had more talent walking up and down the halls than we had on our team. Think about it a little, schools with over 1000 kids. I'm sure they had a little more talent.

Edited by pujo

Good post, pujo. Some people out there actually think this idiot is me. Someone should push the report button. Cloudland 6903 is a coward. If you are gonna run down people, at least let them know who you are. Everyone knows who I am. The Cloudland QB played as hard as he could and thats all you can ask for. I've harped on the boys for not spending enough time in the gym, but thats only because I wanna see them win. You have a personal problem with some people and you need to be a man about it and quit hiding behind your computer. You are right about Keith, he is a good coach, but an unproven head coach. Only time will tell.

As for Lunsford, he is a good man and a great coach. This is coming from someone that sat on the bench for three years. I didn't start till I was a senior. Am I angry at coach? No. He treated me fair and everyone else fair. The man is a genuine winner. Cloudland 6903, you never played the game, so you should watch your comments.

Cloudlandfan6903 ,to put it mildly,you are not very bright.  Great coaches take average boys and make good football players out of them. Thats how Lunsford won year after year.  Cloudland has the least amount of talent than any school in Carter Co.  Sure you get a Byrd or Clipse every now and then,but so does everyone else. Its all in the numbers,Cloudlands numbers are small and so is the amount of talent. To win  at a school like Cloudland, you have to get a very high perccent of kids out, you have to make them tough as nails. You have to have extreme discapline. You have to do things better than everyone around you. Cloudland has had a great program, but its not because they were more talented ,talent plays ball on Saturdays. You don't need to get on here and run down some of the kids,its a team sport. Coach Kieth may turn out to be a great coach some day, Lunsford has already passed the test, go watch Avery Friday night and you will see a more talented Cloudland offence being run. It put 42 points on the board by halftime against a team that had quite a bit more size.I saw it last Friday night .It will only get better, its alot bigger school with alot more talent.  You need to leave Lunsford out of this,he helped win 136 games ,he has one of the very highest winning percentages in the state at one of the least talented schools . Beat schools that had more talent walking up and down the  halls than we had on our team. Think about it a little, schools with over 1000 kids. I'm sure they had a little more talent.

825310459[/snapback]

Pujo, W. Wilkes was a very weak team. The yardstick for Avery will be Owen High School in a couple of weeks.

Cloudlandfan,

If you are a true fan you would not let those words fly about the boys. Yes they lost on Friday, but people like you will not help them win come Thursday. If all you are going to do is put the boys down you might as well noat even call yourself a fan. No matter what happens in the next few games the boys can hold their heads high and know that the rest of us are behind them 100%.

Play hard and wear your Blue and Gold with PRIDE!

Old44, I never said West Wilks was a powerhouse but Avery only beat them last season 27 to 13. West was supposed a better team this season. They were a very big team, alot bigger than Avery. Avery will have several tests this season,they could lose 2 or 3 games and still be a good team. They are a 1A school by enrollment playing in 2a. Next season they will be in 1A,where they belong. If nothing changes,Avery will become a powerhouse. As far as Cloudland goes,who knows what will happen. They have a great group of kids coming up,but they may never play highschool football.

I must say that I was disappointed that we lost but I also know that we can't be on top all the time. This is a new year so let's just stop comparing this year to last year and move on. The kids and Coaches deserve that. The real fans will still be there and I guess everyone else can go find another game. Play hard and don't give up!

Old44, I never said West Wilks was a powerhouse but Avery only beat them last season 27 to 13. West was supposed a better team this season. They were a very big team, alot bigger than Avery. Avery will have several tests this season,they could lose 2 or 3 games and still be a good team. They are a 1A school by enrollment playing in 2a. Next season they will be in 1A,where they belong. If nothing changes,Avery will become a powerhouse. As far as Cloudland goes,who knows what will happen. They have a great group of kids coming up,but they may never play highschool football.

825310698[/snapback]

Avery had a good season last year going 8-3 in the reg. season and losing by 4 in the first round to Lincolnton. Returned all their skill players. I think they are picked to finish 3rd in their conference this year. They will be playing in a 1a/2a split conf. next year.Back to CHS, why wouldn't these kids play? They need to play because they love the game, not because of who the coach is. This is a rebuilding year for them. Sometimes it happens. They will be fine, just sometimes it takes time.

You guys are good fans and old44 is right. Play because you love the game. Thats the only reason I toughed it out till I was a senior. Hopefully, the team will come out and practice this week and no one will quit. People look at that as much as they do winning. If Cloudland players start quitting, it just makes you look even worse to the county. I will still come to the games and support these Cloudland Highlanders.

Pujo, does Avery play Pisgah on homecoming up there? If they do, save me a seat! :o

I never said the kids would'nt be playing because of who the coach is. Sometimes kids just get burnt out or either they don't like the amount of work and disciplne it takes to play the game. The more success you have,the more kids want to play. Hopefully Cloudland will be back to their winning ways soon. We do have alot of young kids who are crazy about Cloudland football. My kid had to have Dakota's number. I tell him to wear it with pride and play the game with the same determination.