Cloudland Football Team

cloudlandfan6903

Happy valley tried that in 91 and got killed.Happy valley was ranked in the the top 5 in state.That might happen in the future but i do not think that will happen.After that we had to go down state to play schools and play Asheville.To many good schools in the area.I would like to see them play more schools down off the mtn,after the conf. changes next year.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you a story about a man named Mike...

When he ran out of talent, he took a little hike.

Straight up the mountain, all the way to Avery...

Sayin' "Why ain't no schools in carter county atryin' to hire me"?

Shattered ego that is...

tuck tail and flee...

(again, sang to the tune of the Beverly hillbillies)

825313245[/snapback]

All you Cloudland fans remember this guy. He reported in the Star and covered Cloudland football. You even had him speak at the rally before you went to the 'boro. What do you think of TB now?

TB, we all know who you are. One of the sorriest kickers in Tennessee, and one of the sorriest two-faced reporters thats ever picked up a pen. Why don't you go back to Bailey's sports bar and dress up like a girl with ribbons in your hair like you did about a year ago.

rjp119, I was at that Avery and Happy Valley scrimmage in 1991. Avery was the real deal man. With Mike Lunsford running the offense and Darrell Brewer running the defense, a new order will rise. The old world as we know it will pass, and Avery will have dominion over the WHC. In a couple of years, they just might find themselves in the state championship game.

Trout, you just remember this. Cloudland 57 Happy Valley 7. Coach Ogg gets a yellow streak down his back and says, we won't play Cloudland anymore :D boo hoo hoo). ;)B)

"king", DB and ML are good coaches and good guys. They are taking over a solid Avery program that went 8-3 in one of the toughest conf. in wnc. They had 16 positions returning. They should finish with a great season. Of course, the yardstick in the WHC is Owen. That usually tells what kind of team you have. After this year, the conf. schedule should be less weighted, dropping Pisgah, Brevard, West Henderson. It will be a split 1a/2a conf. Don't give up on Cloudland. You will see inprovement as the year goes on. These kids are young. Over time Cloudland will rebuild.