Mcminn County Vs. Ooltewah in 2 weeks!

tribeman1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will definately be standing room only.  I would say there were atl east a thousand people standing between the home side and the concession/bathrooms last week.  Did you notice that TribeGuy?

825321448[/snapback]

Yeah I did. I can personally gurantee there will be about twice as many fans on the visitor's side this week than there was last week, provided the weather isn't bad. There's gonna be a lot of fans there no matter what, but some folks will let the weather stop them, so I'm hoping for an excuse free forecast. I'm ready to see all of the fans that will pack the place. It will cause for a very exciting atmosphere.

Edited by TribeGuy22

Ok, first off........congrats Grad for your 2,000th post.........but back to the game. Aaron Stansell will be a huge loss, but it shouldnt be fatal. The Cherokees do not rely that much on their passing game but I feel that they will need to have one to beat Ooltewah this weekend. McMinn will need to establish the passing game early and often to keep Ooltewah's defense honest. Devon Johnson has claimed to be the primary receiver for this HUGE region game. However, Devon will not be the starting receiver this weekend. Braden Fetzer will be starting the game off. But Devon should get most of the playin time. Nigel Holland will also be a big loss, but I have confidence in Keith Melton coming off the bench and knockin some heads off. McMinn's coaching staff will have their gameplan ready for Caldwell.....but of course he's gonna get his yards.....but he will not come anywhere close to the yards he is accustumed to.

Ooltewah has good linebackers.......not GREAT but good. I think that the bye week will prove to be huge for McMinn. McMinn's offensive line has had time to scout Ooltewah's tendencies. So, they should be prepared for the linebacking core of the owls.

Friday's game should be one of the top games of the rivalry's history. "The Nest" will be rocking Friday........the atmosphere is gonna be amazing........I cant wait.........GO TRIBE!!!!

Ok J Rock...maybe I did get a little too creative on the BMI & Co, BUT Ooltewah's linebackers are great, not good. Yes, I am biased towards them for obvious reasons, BUT I believe they are the best linebacker unit in Southeast TN...maybe even over a broader scope! And I'm not just sppeaking of Burke, McDade, and Ibarguen. Bishop, Welch, Sanders, Williams, and a couple others are very good LBs!

But as for the game, you've heard my prediction. I know some of you disagree, but that's ok...we'll know for sure Friday!

Edited by GradfromtheNest

J Rock44 I agree with most of your post, but let us not forget that Ooltewah is a dangerous opponent. I am not sure if they have the passing game that has proven to be beneficial for them in the past but obviously they have a strong running game and the combination of the two is very dangerous. McMinn should be well prepared considering they are coming off of the off week and should have a good idea of what Ooltewah is all about. The weather forcast as of today is for a 20% chance for rain and around 83 degrees, this is ideal high school football weather. I still like my Cherokees by 6. GOTRIBE!!!

Reports from most of the player and a McMinn coach is that they ( the linebackers) aren't all that special......I guess I'll have to see for myself Friday

825321817[/snapback]

That's ok J Rock. They haven't played against them yet. And obviously they players are going to down play any opposing teams' playmakers or threats. They gotta have confidence!

Edited by GradfromtheNest