Mcminn County Vs. Ooltewah in 2 weeks!

tribeman1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imaowl the thing that makes McMinn a good defensive team is their overall team speed coupled with some big hitters, this is what will limit Caldwell to minimal gains. I remember a few years ago when Flanigan was the star RB and McMinn held him way below his average, remember one thing Caldwell is a good RB and I would love to have him on my team BUT Red Bank and East Ridge are not good football teams and Caldwell should have racked up big yards againist both teams. This should be a good one to watch if you truly love high school football.

How early should a McMinn fan get there to get a seat?

I said injuries (on offense) and the absence of Nigel (on defense) will hurt the Cherokees.  According to YOUR fans your #1 WR is hurt.  Now, if that is incorrect I have been misinformed by the Cherokee fans.  If that is correct, then you sir have been annoyed!

825321446[/snapback]

Yes! you have been misinformed - and go back to your original statement. . . . However, I will bite this new argument - McMinn is like every other high school team . . . . they have more than one person at each position. That is part of X's and O's my friend. It takes more to win than having a good running back - Oh, I got the teams mixed up - I meant to say more than one receiver. I believe you have been misinformed and annoyed by the Cerokee fans.

Just making jokes \ stay cool.

Little word of advice to you MacMinn boys! Don't mess with GradfromtheNest because you will never win an arguement.... 99.9% of the time he is right...  Just don't even try he'll make you look like an idiot....    I want to be like Grad

825321461[/snapback]

I think "ImaOwl" and "Grad" need to get a room.

If I remember correctly both RB's were far below their rushing average when they played againist McMinn. Now don't get me wrong they both were fantastic runners they just did not have the success againist McMinn that they had againist other teams. I am looking forward to Friday night I hope the rain holds off. GO TRIBE!!!

Imaowl I was referring to the regular season games, I must apologize for the mistake. The playoff game in Athens was an awesome display of passing and running by Ooltewah. McMinn has been blessed with several good backs down through the years, the last one that comes to my mind that rushed for over 200 yds. in a game was Brandon Ladd, he went on to play @ Wafford in South Carolina. Brandon gained most of his yards after he broke his arm and played with a soft cast.

Edited by TribeFan