Maryville vs. Halls

gobigd

I personally disagree...the defense played somewhat poorly in my mind. They missed a TON of easy tackles, tackles that should have been stops for losses on screen plays, but ended up being 5-10 yard gains. There were some hard hits and such, but even some of those were hard hits, but not complete tackles. I understand somewhat however, because the field was sloppy it was hard to adjust and make an easy tackle, but they still need to find their footing and make the stop. Despite the missed tackles the defense did well with a bend but don't break attitude.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was possibly the worst maryville game i've seen in awhile, and yet the end score still turns out 24 - 0.... How that happened i'm not sure, what with all the turnovers, constantly missed tackles, and slips by the running backs all night long...How maryville did it is a mystery, but regardless, a win is a win, and the better team obviously won...

Go rebs...

Maryville[/url]Rebels' date='Sep 4 2004 - 12:23 AM']I personally disagree...the defense played somewhat poorly in my mind.  They missed a TON of easy tackles, tackles that should have been stops for losses on screen plays, but ended up being 5-10 yard gains.  There were some hard hits and such, but even some of those were hard hits, but not complete tackles.  I understand somewhat however, because the field was sloppy it was hard to adjust and make an easy tackle, but they still need to find their footing and make the stop.  Despite the missed tackles the defense did well with a bend but don't break attitude.

825326887[/snapback]

How can you disagree with the play of the defense, they were held to zero points, and i believe that is what matters. i cant remeber a time when the defense played bad, at all. the secondary missed most of the tackles, and when a player was hit behind the line, there were about 5 players around him because of the pursuit of the rest of the players. you wanna know why the tackles were missed, cause that might be the crappiest field ive ever seen in my life, and ive seen a lot of fields.

Just because the other team doesn't put up points doesn't mean that our defense played great. If that had been a team with more capable athletes they would have burned us time and time again. The secondary is part of the defense and if we were playing Central and they had missed the tackles on those screens it would have been much more than 10 yard gains. I did mention the quality of the field already, but thats still not much of an excuse, they weren't doing anything that couldn't be stopped, a screen and then the wide reciever was stepping in. The defensive line played well, but you really have to consider that Halls offense line was pretty small...heck their whole team was. I am not trying to sound pessimistic, but rather put things into a realistic perspective.

Good Post Ron, Might want to metion Todd Collins played for the Rams in the super bowl as well. Staff is deep in experience. Can't imagian what GQ is going to do this week in practice, 8 turnovers? The ole' "Let thefield be crappy trick", gee saw that at MorWest last year. Only thing is Halls had to play on it too!

The D line did a great job putting pressure on the qb but the secondary needs major work. Need to get AB and the boys some stick-um spray or something. Central looked good on friday night hits.

The only team to hand Maryville it's head the past five years is Heritage. I hope the offence comes together next week, we need to be high going into MorWest! I bet they are watering the field tonight! (He, He)

The Good:

1. Maryville's linemen whipped the Red Devils on both sides. Maryville had 569 yards to 90 for the Red Devils.

2. Halls played the Mo-Town West defense. Crowded the line with the safties 15 yards off the ball and kept everything in front of them on a slick field.

3. Maryville's D and Albert Sacchet's kicking.

The Bad:

1. Maryville's Offensive execution was pathetic at times. 7 turnovers, quarterbacks and runningbacks running into each other, dropped passes, overthrown passes, lack of patience, etc.

2. Halls Offense. The Halls Krispy Kreme Donut offense has been just that the last 3 years against Maryville. They've put up three big donuts and haven't scored on Maryville since 2001. I just can't understand why the Burnette's wouldn't want to be a part of that offensive system.

3. Maryville's lack of enthusiasm in the first half. They were flat and Halls almost ran back the opening kick-off. Looked like the Oak Ridge scrimmage all over again.

The Ugly:

1. The Krooked Football League (KFL) officials calling holding each time Maryville got inside the Halls 15 yardline. The umpire wanted to make sure everyone saw him.

2. The watered down field. Hopefully, Ted Nugent, Newman, bm, and the goat family will spend a little more time walking those mudholes dry on the field. Shep's Swamp was a great example of Knox County taxpayer money well spent.

3. The injury list at Maryville. We need those guys back and soon.

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

unreal , i saw the field and thought .. geez the hurricane hit here ... funny thing was i never saw a raindrop!! that was so bush league !! those kids were put in danger by playing on a field that was watered to try and slow Maryville's offense down . between the refs there , and billygoat and friends , Halls has turned into a .... nevermind . i'll not stoop that low . no wonder they have players wanting to leave there .

I would have to say that my favorite part of tonight's game is going to be when myself, the goat, Nugent, and Morgan walk through the maryville section and stomp mudholes and walk them dry!

825325895[/snapback]

Well maybe it was just me but I'm pretty sure that I didn't get any mudhole stomped in me at all. In fact some dirtbag kept walking by with pompoms and the cops made him stop, so if that was you (nugent, morgan, goat, or newman) congratulations on the most wrothless fans in the history of football.

Good Post Ron,  Might want to metion Todd Collins played for the Rams in the super bowl as well.  Staff is deep in experience.  Can't imagian what GQ is going to do this week in practice, 8 turnovers?  The ole' "Let thefield be crappy trick", gee saw that at MorWest last year.  Only thing is Halls had to play on it too!

The D line did a great job putting pressure on the qb but the secondary needs major work.  Need to get AB and the boys some stick-um spray or something.  Central looked good on friday night hits.

The only team to hand Maryville it's head the past five years is Heritage.  I hope the offence comes together next week, we need to be high going into MorWest!  I bet they are watering the field tonight!  (He, He)

825327043[/snapback]

FBEmeritus,

It seems the people at Morristown West can't make you happy. We moved the game last year so the field would be better to play on. Trust me the quarterback club worked on it for about 8-12 hours before hand and it was about 1,000 times better than it would have been on Friday night, yet you still complain. Then you say we are going to be watering the field tonight. That wouldn't do us much good due to the fact that Morristown East is playing a home game on Friday and we are on the road. I hope one day we will be able to appease you.

the field last night was a lot worse than the field last year at Mo West . last year several games were cancelled due to the rain , funny thing is , that torrential downpour yesterday was just over the Halls football field . our kids looked like they were playing on roller skates . ya that made the game closer , was it worth it to put kids at such an injury risk ?? BUSH LEAGUE .

as far as Morristown West goes Transplant , i think nearly all of the Maryville fans gave Mo west their due , they beat us fair and square . bad field conditions are understandable on a field shared by 2 teams . i still can't believe that somehow or another , Mo West can't find a way to get their own field . it seems like they have great fan support , is something like that in the works up there Transplant ??