strongest soph.

OL76

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest adamp10

huntingdon has 2 sophomores that can bench about 330............they both will be the startin line backers next year........trevor sanders and brian nellett......last year trevor was gettin 350 but he had to have 2 knee surguries so he had to stop for awhile.........but he will be back next year

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Tiger16

Yeah right that is impossible. I was reading a Sports illusrated one time and this lineman for Texas that just went pro, his max on squat was 615 which is a lot of weight there is no way!

Sure, I know the first thing a group of guys ask each other is ; How much can you bench? As some of you have already stated the bench press is somewhat over rated. Basically it's a wonderful lift for pushing yourself up off the ground after the play is over. How many times does a player get both hands equally on another player to push them around. Answer, very rarely unless the opposing player lets them. If you really want to build the chest for football do alternating dumbell press 4 sets of 6 each arm. This will be more realistic when applied to the game, because you will probably only get one hand at a time on your opponent while blocking or trying to make a tackle.

Nevertheless, seeing how the question was strongest soph. there is a young man at Cascade High School, who will not turn 15 until July, this makes him a young soph. He weighs 165 and can bench 350, this is over twice his body weight. He accomplished this task by doing variations of alternating dumbell presses. i.e.- flat, incline, decline, while mixing in regular straight bar benches every three weeks. This routine has inreased the strenght of all players,but not quite to the numbers as the above stated.

Best advice to all strength coaches do as many variations of each lift as possible. Different variations work better for some than others, plus it keeps the kids from getting board.

Guest cornhusker

David Sharp maxed out at 405 on bench, 550 on squat, 305 on power clean,and ran a 4.4 40 yd., and also had a 36 vertical. These maxes are updated.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest OSKensteph27

Alright Cornhusker I have a question for you, If this David Sharp guy is so great and your telling the truth why haven't I or anyone else on this board heard a thing about him? If he is benching 400 lbs and running a 4.4 and plays qb than It must not be doing him much good in football considering that he's not even a prospect on Coach T. Also if these numbers are true than there is no reason for this kid to even bother going to college to play, he might as well turn pro. The only hard time he will give the NFL is whethere they should put him at quarterback or guard. Stop feeding this board a bunch of BS.

Guest boomer06

Matt Brown from Loudon isnt the strongest soph but he is pretty strong he is benching a/b 350 and he weighs 185 and he sqauts a/b 500 he dont look like he can but i just thought yall should know