Perry Co. vs USJ

panther037

I have always admired the heart PC has on the field...the contests we have had with them...I am a JCS fan...have always been hard fought...the players on their team have always fought till the final whistle...I appreciate that in any team...I sometimes wonder if players on teams that traditionally blow out others would have as much heart if they where on the short end of a run away game...good luck PC...hope you have a great season and I llok forward to our meeting this year

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always admired the heart PC has on the field...the contests we have had with them...I am a JCS fan...have always been hard fought...the players on their team have always fought till the final whistle...I appreciate that in any team...I sometimes wonder if players on teams that traditionally blow out others would have as much heart if they where on the short end of a run away game...good luck PC...hope you have a great season and I llok forward to our meeting this year

825332536[/snapback]

Thank you. You too, greenie. I wish more of the people from JCS on here were more like you, JaxMan.

Edited by 1AMAN

Thank you. You too, greenie. I wish more of the people from JCS on here were more like you, JaxMan.

825333541[/snapback]

1AMAN....Perry County has had a tough 1A region to compete in for a team that is trying to rebuild it`s football program. The program should be commended for the steady progress it has made.

Are you a parent, student, player, former player or what?

BTW...I hope when the day comes that Perry County beats JCS that they will show better judgement in class than the JCS fans had when they first beat USJ. I know it was a huge win for them at the time, but I couldn`t believe what I was hearing from their fans that night.

Volunteer[/url]General' date='Sep 9 2004 - 10:55 PM']I can`t repeat, but if JCS were a catholic school , the confessional booth would have had a long line that next week.

825334667[/snapback]

My son is the starting center this year. I coached most of these juniors and seniors and a couple of the sophs. in jr. pro till mine went to the middle school. I also am the box man on the chain gang. If we beat them, I will try to show some class :lol:

Vol General...I have enjoyed reading your posts over the years on this board as I have felt you where objective and fair...but your post regarding JCS fans behavior after beating USJ surprised me...JCS certainly has some poor sports...but we hardly corner the market on the behavior...the first time JCs beat USJ our players had drinks poured from the back of the stands on them at your old campus...last night our middle school beat USJ's middle school and after the game I listened from the sidelines as Coach Willis using profanity told his team what a terrible school we are...I know neither of those two incidents however rrepresnt the core of who USJ, their players or fans are...JCS I am certain has had incidents where fans and even players have used poor judgement...but I beleive it is just as unfair to use that as an indiment on the school, its players or its fans...the JCS and USJ rivalry is strong...it is fun...but I think that most people on both sides respect the hard work and dedication to the game that the other shows...

Hey VG, When and if Perry County beats JCS, and from what I hear they are a much improved team, I am sure they will take the win with class. On the other hand, if JCS had beaten Perry County in the past by scores of 69-0 airing it out with two minutes left in the game, I would expect a different reaction. You get what you give on and off the field. You do recall several years ago what I am referring to ( USJ-69 JCS-0.)

Coach Willis? I have a hard time seeing that. Well, maybe he was angry, heh. Don't judge coach Willis. He's a great coach and a better person. The kids probably deserved anyway it losing to JCS and all. :lol: Just kidding

Black&Blue: There comes a point in a competition when it is the coach being defeated's responsibility for not having his players ready for the game. I believe any point deficit over 50 falls under that category. If we want to start talking bad sportsmanship, then we don't we mention the JCS fans who heckled and tried to start fights with USJ players after the game last year? Or a certain incident several years back involving a USJ player's truck and a couple of overzealous JCS football players? Don't get on here and try to act like a saint.

Edited by KublahKD

Did not mean to imply that Coach Willis needed to be judged...I was just making a point that poor sportsmanship occurs at times from all schools and no one school needs to be judged by a few fans behavior...I have found Coach Willis and Coach Marley to be good coaches who always have their teams prepared and up for the game...I admire that...they are both great coaches and I am sure good men...let's face it...every school has fans whose behavior embrasses the school...I have always enjoyed playing Perry County and found their fans to be great...but when they do someday beat JCS I am sure there will be a few whose behavior is less than perfect...but I am sure they will not represent the average PC fan who will show class...to the post from black and blue...I do remember the USJ-JCS game where they where leading 69 to 0 with 2 minutes left and took two time outs to stop the clock and throw into the end zone to try and run the score up...it was a lack of judgement and class...but again...I think Marley is a great coach and USJ is a classy school...it proves my point...at times we all have fans, players and school employees who use poor judgement...even good people who get caught up in the moment...but it is not an indication that a school or it's fans all feel it is the right behavior...after the game I referred to I had several USJ parents and two players tell me that they regretted the choice of trying to pass to increase the lead...as I said...all schools and teams are basically made up of good people who want to be good sports...but we all have a few incidents and people on our side of the field who embarass us...

Edited by JaxMan