NCS@DCA

WhoamI2033

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pick DCA because they had a great team last year and only lost a couple of players to graduation. They have a very dominating line who will create holes. Chris Wooden may have lost some agility while he is recovering from his ACL surgery, however it looks as if other members of the team have stepped up and in one sense become a bigger threat as they are a more multi dimensional team.

I am not taking anything away from NCS, the win last week was a good one, but I suspect that Harpeth is one of the weaker 2A teams, wheras DCA is definitely in the top 5 of 1A.

Hey thanks for the enlightenment cbarkley! I follow DCA and let me tell you something......People talk about Wooden because he single handedly carried a team to the blue cross bowl last year. The CPA playoff game last year (which i was at) was the single most outstanding game i have ever seen by a high school player- guess who it was? (Hint 300 yards rushing). When this guy from nashville christian shows the skill and superior abilities wooden has shown throughout his ENTIRE career at DCA then you can start talking. I have children at DCA and they say he's a great guy and when i talk to him he is a respectful young man so back off and give him his credit....he deserves and he's earned it. anyway, i say DCA by 35. Good Luck to Nashville Christian and all in Region 5 this year. thumb

I'm concerned that DCA may be underestimating NCS's ability to play with them, as Wooden is still favoring his knee and NCS is coming off a big win. However, NCS is still not the caliber team that DCA is, and i think DCA will pull away in the second half. Sorry, but this week the Nashville Christian boys won't be so lucky to win again.

DCA 38, NCS 14

The Harpeth kids said Vanatta was banged up at the end of the game. What's his status this week? Vanatta, the QB and WR #18 did most of the damage. Harpeth did lose some kids, but from 7-40 to 33-7 is a huge turnaround. If NCS wants to be a contender rather than a pretender they'll have to do it against the likes of DCA and CPA.

DCA 24 NCS 14

DCA beats NCS 35-13.

-A Nashville Christian cornerback was ejected for throwing a punch at a DCA wideout after a long reception.

-DCA has several players injured, including All-Region Tight End/ Defensive end #1 and their fullback #33.

-DCA's starters went out after three quarters with DCA winning 35-7.

-Wooden had a few long rushes and 2 touchdowns. He has the brace off now, but still doesn't look quite like himself. He didn't play much in the second half and DCA, once again, used many other tailbacks to keep the burden off him.

-Vanatta and Jerkins are great athletes. Vanatta broke an 82 yard TD in the 1st quarter untouched on a DCA blitz. Jerkins scored a late TD against DCA backups.

-Fenwich opened the scoring with a 45 yard bomb and scored the second TD of the game on a 30 yard keeper. DCA was up 14-0 after about 5 minutes.

-DCA still looks sporadic. Wooden fumbled deep in NCS territory and DCA looked out of sinc at times.

Overall, I think CPA would beat DCA if they played today. DCA isn't very consistant and CPA has played better competition.

Edited by unbiasedspectator