William Blount? Whats up?

DZbettin

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will tell you what is wrong with wb people who help raise money for the program do it for themselves and their individual kids not for the team and this attitude filters down to the kids and they play not as a team but as individuals.  Because these parents raise money they believe that they should have just as much a say in what happens in the team as coach meadows does (parents in the locker room at halftime).  they finally get a real top notch experienced head coach at wb and they continue with their old ways out there in the community of worrying about themselves instead of the kids.  Meadows is a good coach that is loyal to the people who are loyal to him.  who would be loyal to someone like jc4life that played for meadows and now just bashes him relentlessly.  when people out there buy in they will turn completely around.  buying in starts from the school board down to the freshman parents and so on as soon as it happens a turn around will be seen.

825330411[/snapback]

Why don't you just lump us all in together? The stands were full with WB fans on Friday night. 1000-1500 maybe? I'm not sure. ONE idiot fan (not parent) went in to the locker room at halftime. Not sure who you are, but there are a lot of folks like myself who've been buying in to the program for 26 years now and will continue to do so.

As far as the AD being worried about making people mad, that's bullcrap. Whoever told you "what you are hearing" is mistaken. The situation will be dealt with. Coach Meadows will have the support of the AD, the Principle, and the assistant Principles concerning what happened this past Friday night. It was an unfortunate incident that I wish would never have happened. I know it was really discouraging to Coach Meadows, on top of an already miserable night.

William Blount has an incredible group of boosters, supporters, and fans. Like every other program in the state, there are always going to be some "blacksheep" but I take offense to the sweeping generalizations you make about about our program and supporters. Some of us know better.

Proud to be a Governor. Proud to be a parent of a Governor. Definitely not ready to throw in the towel yet. Love the Coach. Love the A.D. Ready for the Tornadoes !!!

So some clown did get into the locker room. That is sad! There are some idiots out there. The guy should have been arrested and banned for the season on all school property. Let the coaches do what they get paid to do. Many a good man has left programs because of parents who can't keep their mouths shut. If you want to coach get an education, a credential and jump right in. Coaching HS football is a tough job without parents flying off the handle about how a guy does it.

Another point is stop saying Coach M changes schools for talent pools. Alcoa, Jeff Co. and WB are no great talent pools. They are average to above average schools who have had success over the years. If the parents stay stupid he'll leave and I would not blame him. Get behind the guy and watch the team improve, he knows what he is doing.

I never took Meadows as the type to take any crap from anyone. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he come in from day 1 and say "It's my way or the highway." Didn't he tell the old OC that he could be the RB coach because he would be calling the plays? If he's that straight up with assistants one would think he laugh off a couple of sour grape parents or fans. Hate to hear someone made their way into the locker room. If that person wanted a piece of the action that bad then that big line coach or some of the others should have been happy to oblige. Wonder what prompted them to do that?

To all the folks at WB, Don't make a snap judgement on Caoch M yet. About this time next year you will no all that you want to know. He wil stay at WB for approx. 2.5 years. Look into is background!

WB will put in the famous wing-T offense, and Coach M does understand it very well. The only problem is you will have 5'5 125 lbs. kids playing gaurd (so he can pull and trap) and some 6'5 275 lbs watching the game. He will put the 3 best fooball palyer at rb and try to run the misdirection stuff. Your defense will go downhill, Coach M believe O will win games, or (I'll let you score if you will give the the ball back so I can score).

Your youngmen will become trash talking hotdogs on the field with absolute no control over their emotions.

You will start to notice the football players getting in trouble off the field, and nothing will be done about it. However WB will win there share of game over the next 2.5 years once the kids undersatnd the wing T, and then HE WILL BE GONE TO THE NEXT SCHOOL, he's on the search as we speak!

Good luck with Coach M, for your 2.5 years.

Let's get serious,now folks. What coach would not leave Sequoia to go to alcoa? More prestige, better opportunity to advance your career. And, if you have aspirations of coaching at the next level and having your masters degree paid for why would you not take that opportunity, as well?

Who of you out there would not take advantage of an opportunity to advance your career field when it is presented? Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.

I can think of numerous coaches that are hired to do the same thing that Coach Meadows does, (turn around floundering prorams). Nobody trashes them for moving from school to school. Why this coach?