Should girls play?

TigersBball42

It would be pretty interesting to see... but I just don't see it happening in Morgan County. Well, MAYBE at Wartburg cuz they got an 8th grader on the Middle School team who's fairly decent.

825329485[/snapback]

For Real? I haven't kept up with Wartburg middle school football since Jay (who now coaches for Webb) was head coach of the Wartburg Middle School football program. Just inquisitive...you know a name? Position? Anything?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Real?  I haven't kept up with Wartburg middle school football since Jay (who now coaches for Webb) was head coach of the Wartburg Middle School football program.  Just inquisitive...you know a name?  Position?  Anything?

825329492[/snapback]

Yeah... her name is Debbie Elias and she plays in the secondary I believe. You might know one of her sisters (Linda Polder)

Here's my take on it. When I've played tackle with no pads with my buddies just for fun, I can hit just as hard as some of the guys. Physically, I am built pretty much the same as the guys, I can jump just as high as they can, I can hit as hard as some of the can, and I'm faster than a few of them (mostly linemen, but hey I'm workin on it). I think the thing that seperates guys and girls is mental toughness. I know I don't do well under pressure. But I think if a girl can be mentally tough and be on the same playing level as some of the guys then why not? Just as long as they're parents sign a parental agreement form. (Unfortunatly I'm a daddy's girl and that won't happen in my lifetime)

But hey, this is just my opinion.

825329308[/snapback]

It is really hard to be mentally tough knocked out......thats just my opinion though........ thumb

Thats ridiculous, saying that a group of guys playing football with a girl are thinking sex because they are wearing the football pants?! Personally I know some girls that have a mind set and body size that they would be able to play with average guys, however, these girls are exceptional female athletes. As a guy its very very strange and uncomfortable to play a contact sport with a girl. I can play basketball, baseball, tennis, etc. with a girl all day. However; if you ask me to wrestle or to play football with a girl and I would be uncomfortable with it...why? Because as a male I have been taught that I should treat a female properly, and hitting/slamming one of them (even in sports and competition) feels wrong to me, and if I injured a female it would KILL me. Hurting another male would pump me up and make me feel inferior, but hurting a female would eat at me. Now as far as a female being as athletically capable as a male...NO WAY! In no aspect. Lets look back at a pure sport to see the difference...jumping, a male high jumper (5'11") jumped 7'8", the female jumpers (I could not find the exact results), but I believe were only jumping about 5'11" or so, from what I could tell from US trials. At every aspect in track men are faster, stronger, quicker, jump higher, further, the works. These simple concepts all extend to football. Sure a female CAN play football and if she wants to, go right ahead, but I don't think its fair to the guys, because its uncomfortable for them. One last example, as a girl, if you're playing basketball..how does it feel to get blocked by a guy? Being blocked is bad enough, but knowing that the other athlete is superior to you is very degrading. I know this because i practiced with Lee Humphrey and Drew Houser for 4 years and everytime they beat me I knew that they were just more physically talented. I still tried hard and everything, but in the back of my mind I knew that they could block me, or drive past me so I was always at a mental disadvantage as well.