Good Coaches in Middle TN

Friar

OK, I know many players will want to just put their own coach's name on this list, but I am really interested in the BEST coaches in Middle Tenn.

Who do you think (and why) are the best coaches?

Please, please, please don't just list your coach. Please be objective and honest as possible.

Thanks

Ken McDonald. The reasons are simple. Look at FRA's history before he came. Never made it out of district for girls. THe last three years-State Quarters, State Champs, State Runners-up. Pretty solid in a stacked district too. On the guys side, 3 state tourney appearances in the last 4 years, pretty solid also. Yes, he was my coach, but I truly believe he is the best coach in TN, so im putting him here. You see my reasons. Plus he is a great man and you will learn more about yourself than you will from most other people you meet combined.

I'm also going to say Ken McDonald is the best coach in Tennessee. Yes, I also played for him, but his success and his ability to relate to each of his players is unparalleled by any coach of any sport. He not only has had success at the high school level, but he was SEC Coach of the Year twice at Vanderbilt. Coach McDonald is a great coach and a great man and if you have talked to him you agree.

Sammy Defriese he use to coach the Midde Valley Magic. Now he is a coach of a team out of middle Tennessee. I like what he did with the girls when he was in Chattanooga. Sorry I can not remember the team's name.

825334529[/snapback]

You're talking about "mr. bootball" Laban Defreise? He doesn't even coach at

a school.

He's been fortunate to have good talent in club ball, hasn't had to develop players

and honestly not sure he can.

baidad

Division II is exteremely strong this year and was last year as well. Top teams in the state rankings in all classes this season have included Father Ryan at #1- JPII at #4 -- throw in St Agnes, GPS, Baylor (as always) then include BGA, St Cecilia, and Harpeth Hall, I think you find a wealth of talent to be coached...

A relatively new coach in the Tennessee area that is making a name for himself is Mike McClaren at JPII. He has coached in Virginia and Arkansas at both the club and High School level. He played in the German professional leagues and for the RAF Soccer team for a number of years. He definately knows the game and does quite well teaching the game. He took the JPII girls in the very weak division II to the State Championship game last year with no Seniors and their first year of varsity competition.