New AA football regions

ctf33

Region I and II 15 TEAMS (knoxville/East Tn area)

1. YORK 9. CUMBERLAND GAP

2. LOUDON 10. OLIVER SPRINGS

3. W. GREENE 11. WARTBURG

4. SWEETWATER 12. ROCKWOOD

5. GATLINBURG PITT 13. ALCOA

6. H. VALLEY 14. N. GREENE

7. C. DOAK 15. C.A.K.

8. S. GREENE

*I REALLY AM NOT FAMILIAR ENOUGH WITH THE AREA TO DETERMINE HOW THE 2 REGIONS WOULD BE DIVIDED

Region III 5 teams (chattanooga area)

1. BOYD B. 4. SEQUATCHIE

2. TYNER 5. BLEDSOE

3. MARION

*REGION IS SMALLER DUE TO 3 TEAMS MOVING UP TO AAA. COULD POSSIBLY MOVE SWEETWATER INTO THIS REGION.

Region IV 10 teams (East Middle)

1. GOODPASTURE 2. CPA

3. FRA 4. DCA

5. EZELL 6. SMITH

7. CANNON 8. UPPERMAN

9. JACKSON CO 10. WESTMORELAND

*IT IS QUITE POSSIBLE THAT THE 5 PUBLICS WILL BALK AT BEING PUT IN WITH THE 5 PRIVATES. I SUGGEST A GROUP A & B DIVISION WITH THE PRIVATES PLAYING FOR 2 SPOTS AND THE PUBLICS PLAYING FOR 2 SPOTS

Region V 9 teams (West Middle)

1. HOUSTON CO. 6. STEWART CO

2. E. ROBERTSON 7. FAIRVIEW

3. WAVERLY 8. HARPETH

4. LEWIS CO. 9. LORETTO

5. RICJLAND

Region VI 6 teams (East Jackson)

1. U.S.J. 4. MILAN

2. HUNTINGDON 5.CAMDEN

3. RIVERSIDE 6. ADAMSVILLE

Region VII 5 teams (West Jackson)

1. GIBSON 4. DRESDEN

2. WESTVIEW 5. HUMBOLDT

3. PEABODY

Region VIII 7 teams (memphis)

1. CARVER 5. B.T. WASHINGTON

2. SOUTHSIDE 6. WESTWOOD

3. OAKHAVEN 7. TREADWELL

4. WESTSIDE

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS ALIGNMENT OR WHAT CHANGES DO YOU THINK NEED TO BE MADE?

Edited by ctf33

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the way I see the Class AA regions Eastern portion of the state (Regions 1-3).

Region 1

North Greene

Cumberland Gap

South Greene

Chuckey-Doak

Happy Valley

Gatlinburg-Pittman

West Greene

Region 2

Rockwood

Wartburg

Oliver Springs

CAK

Sweetwater

Alcoa

Loudon

Region 3

Bledsoe County

Sequatchie County

Marion County

Tyner

Boyd-Buchanan

*I could see Sweetwater being put in region 3 since they are the closest team to that region. That would give Region 2&3 each six teams.

Edited by kingbrian3

Here is the way I see the Class AA regions Eastern portion of the state (Regions 1-3).

Region 1

North Greene

Cumberland Gap

South Greene

Chuckey-Doak

Happy Valley

Gatlinburg-Pittman

West Greene

Region 2

Rockwood

Wartburg

Oliver Springs

CAK

Sweetwater

Alcoa

Loudon

Region 3

Bledsoe County

Sequatchie County

Marion County

Tyner

Boyd-Buchanan

*I could see Sweetwater being put in region 3 since they are the closest team to that region. That would give Region 2&3 each six teams.

825332708[/snapback]

Brian... there has to be at least seven teams in every region for it to balance out! I have heard that they will try to do this! This means they will have to move some teams around in region two to make it work. Region three will have seven it and makes more sense for them to play the teams just south of knox county than to drive all the way up to middle TN!

Edited by ELA

Don't think so ELA they cannot balance the Regions because of Region 8.

Region 8

George Washington Carver High School

Westview High School

B. T. Washington High School

Memphis South Side High School

Westwood High School

Oakhaven High School

Treadwell High School

Westside High School

8 teams in 1 region right there.

Look for Regions numbering from 6 to 9 members due to excessive travel. And that will be a consideration, don't think so then check fuel prices!

I've asked TSSAA about this and they told me that although they don't want any small regions (5-6 teams) they would rather have these they penalizing teams and shipping them to other regions to even things out.

If this is the case then the Class AA teams in the middle portion of the state will have big regions.

The only good thing about the Z-plan is that it would have eliminated these travel debates.

Edited by goosevol

Region 2

Rockwood

Wartburg

Oliver Springs

CAK

Sweetwater

Alcoa

Loudon

Region 3

Bledsoe County

Sequatchie County

Marion County

Tyner

Boyd-Buchanan

825332708[/snapback]

I think Rockwood is as close or closer than Sweetwater? :angry: I would like to see Rockwood & Oliver Springs in reg. 3

Edited by Sequatchie

Here is another issue that has to be considered. Regions with an even number of teams such as 6,8 or 10 teams make scheduling easier. If a region has an odd number of teams one team has no region opponet for that given week. They then must search far and wide to find an opponet or play a week 0 game to get 10 games. For this reason I believe t$$aa will try to 6, 8, 10 team regions. Yes ,I know it can't always be done.

Also t$$aa has used natural boundaries to regionalize teams. Such as East or West of the Tn. river or they have used north/south lines. Look at the current region ELA is in: Stewart Co., Houston Co., westmoreland, east robertson , lipscomb, station camp and goodpasture. There is more than 100 miles East to West in this region. How did Harpeth not make it into this region? The T$$aa answer was that Harpeth fell to the south of the line drawn. If you can read a map you know that this makes no sense. Harpeth and waverly for that matter are both north of Interstate 40.

Don't think so ELA they cannot balance the Regions because of Region 8.

Region 8

George Washington Carver High School 

Westview High School 

B. T. Washington High School 

Memphis South Side High School 

Westwood High School 

Oakhaven High School 

Treadwell High School

Westside High School

8 teams in 1 region right there.

Look for Regions numbering from 6 to 9 members due to excessive travel. And that will be a consideration, don't think so then check fuel prices!

825332836[/snapback]

Not disagreeing with your argument but Westview High School is in Martin. Memphis has Westside & Westwood but not Westview.