Class 1A Regions

regit

Here are my projections for class 1A regions for 2005-2007.

Region 1

Cloudland

Cosby

Jelllico

Unaka

Hampton

Coalfield

Grace Christian

Region 2

Greenback

Midway

Oakdale

Oneida

Sunbright

Harriman

Monterey

Region 3

Copper Basin

Grace Baptist

Lookout Valley

South Pitt

Temple

Whitwell

Region 4

Gordonsville

Watertown

Friendship Christian

Clay Co.

Mt Juliet Christian

Red Boiling Springs

Trousdale Co.

Region 5

White House-Heritage

McEwen

JoByrns

Clarksville Academy

Nashville Crhistian

Eagleville

Cascade

Region 6

Columbia Academy

Cornersville

Forrest

Huntland

Moore Co.

Mt. Pleasant

Wayne Co.

Zion Christian

Region 7

Fayette Academy

Jackson Christian

Middleton

Perry Co.

Trinity Christian

Union City

McKinsie

Collinwood

Region 8

Greenfield

Halls

Bruceton

Lake Co.

South Fulton

West Carrol

Manassas

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe move Huntland to Region 3 since they are not far from Whitwell, So. Pittsburg and Lookout Valley and Temple. They have never played So. Pitt, yet they are one of the closest 1A schools to them and are closer than teams that are in or have been in their region like Copper Basin and at one time Midway, and Greenback. I know they have rivalries and all that but so do a lot of schools. Maybe even move Moore County into 3 and Move Copper Basin into 2.

Edited by rlh

Union City and Collinwood are three plus hours apart.  The TSSAA BOC won't go for a that and neither will the schools.  Collinwood and Perry County need to be in regions east of the Tennessee River.

825332599[/snapback]

:rolleyes: East of the Tennesse R. is relevant, South Pittsburg is west of the River but the river cuts the state twice creating 3 zones.

Region 1

Cloudland

Cosby

Jellico

Unaka

Grace Christian

Oneida

TSD

Region 2

Coalfield

Sunbright

Oakdale

Harriman

Midway

Greenback

Region 3

Copper Basin

Grace Baptist

Lookout Valley

South Pitt

Temple

Whitwell

Region 4

Gordonsville

Watertown

Friendship Christian

Clay Co.

Mt. Juliet Christian

RBS

Trousdale Co.

Monterey

It's fun to guess. Not sure about regions 5 and up. Not as familiar with those areas.

Here is how I see the Class A region in the Eastern portion of the state (Regions 1-3) shaping up. Granted, this is what makes the most sense geographically, but making sense normally goes out the window when the TSSAA realigns the regions.

Region 1

Cloudland

Unaka

Hampton

Cosby

Jellico

Grace

Region 2

Coalfield

Oakdale

Sunbright

Oneida

Harriman

Midway

Greenback

Region 3

South Pittsburg

Lookout Valley

Whitwell

Copper Basin

Temple

Grace

*I could see Grace being put in Region 2, while Oneida or Harriman could be sent to Region 1. Greenback and Midway could also possibly be sent back to Region 3 where they played for many years.

*I could see Grace being put in Region 2, while Oneida or Harriman could be sent to Region 1. Greenback and Midway could also possibly be sent back to Region 3 where they played for many years.

825332714[/snapback]

I don't see Grace being in any region but 3 actually since they are in Chattanooga. Midway and Greenback, although I don't think it will, could be put back in region 3 like a few years ago.

Beene, if you notice there are two schools named Grace in East Tennessee. One is in Chattanooga and will be Region 3 while the Knoxville Grace will be either in one or two.

Harriman won't be shiiped to Region 1. Although Oneida could be, if they want a 6-team region and they keep Grace in Region 2. I personally think they should keep the 5-team region up there although it's a weak one. It's not fair to anyone west of Knoxville to be shipped there.