McCallie 12, Knox Central 10

hfactor

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McCallie is an excellent club and extremely well coached. Central had more yards than McCallie but the blue tornadoes came up with the big plays defensively when they were needed. The first half saw Central with 150yds versus 60 yds for McCallie, although the Cats trailed 9-0. McCallie tackled CHS in the end zone for a safety after downing a punt inside the 2 yard line. On the other score McCallie returned a punt to the CHS 25 and was able to generate enough offense to get the TD. The final score was 12-10. The field goal kicker for Central missed a 30 yard field goal in the first half and that turned out to be the difference. Ive followed CHS for years and I really believe this can be a special bunch, especially if they can get some folks better on the defensive side of the ball. Even after a tough loss I think this team really came together tonight and the future is very BRIGHT for these youngsters.

I might add that McCallie is a very classy program and all the Central fans were treated very kindly by these folks, and this Bobcat fan says Thank you and good luck to the Blue Tornado. :D

McCallie is an excellent club and extremely well coached. Central had more yards than McCallie but the blue tornadoes came up with the big plays defensively when they were needed. The first half saw Central with 150yds versus 60 yds for McCallie, although the Cats trailed 9-0. McCallie tackled CHS in the end zone for a safety after downing a punt inside the 2 yard line. On the other score McCallie returned a punt to the CHS 25 and was able to generate enough offense to get the TD. The final score was 12-10. The field goal kicker for Central missed a 30 yard field goal in the first half and that turned out to be the difference. Ive followed CHS for years and I really believe this can be a special bunch, especially if they can get some folks better on the defensive side of the ball. Even after a tough loss I think this team really came together tonight and the future is very BRIGHT for these youngsters.

I might add that McCallie is a very classy program and all the Central fans were treated very kindly by these folks, and this Bobcat fan says Thank you and good luck to the Blue Tornado.  :o

825336305[/snapback]

Same to the Central fans. They were great fans with outstanding support for their team. This Central team is vastly superior to last years. They are much more team oriented and unlike last year they kept playing til the very end. This was a fun game to watch and Central could be in for a great year if they play like this every week.

Good luck Central and Beat Maryville! thumb

great post pigskin--McCallie is a classy program. They are extremely well coached and they play harder than anybody we'll see the rest of the year. The defensive line was unreal for the Tornados. We looked a little shell shocked the 1st half on offense and special teams. Our D played very well all night. The 2nd half we looked like Central is supposed to look. I thought the 2nd half we did a much better job on #84 (I can't begin to spell his name). He was not nearly the factor he was in the 1st part of the game. The O line was outmanned several times, but some of the plays we called contributed to that. Also, the quick hitting passes seemed to work well. I wish we would have thrown more of those.

As I said, the D was up to the task all nite. I think they were flying around to the ball and making solid tackles. Pass defense was very good. The McCallie QB is a heck of player. He made some nice throws. We gave up nothing long to them.

This game showed Central what they have to work on and how they have to play to be successful. If we can carry this over to the rest of the games, especially Maryville and Powell, we'll be fine.

Good luck to McCallie the rest of the way. Ya'll got a heck of a team.