Maryville 45 Heritage 0

REBELRON

Maryville played great on both sides of the ball. Heritage gave West and Farragut all they wanted. Heritage was no match for Maryville.

Maryville was very good on offense. Cade was on target. Antonio Byner,Ryan Tallent,Adrian Baker and Ryan Singleton ran very well. Offensive line dominated. Steven Childs and Ryan Jenkins had good games.Tyler Maples returned a punt for a touchdown. Derek Hunt and the 2nd team offense moved the ball well but didn't score.

Maryville was great on defense. Nic Chernikov will be very sore tommorrow morning. The front seven was awesome. Justin Voto was everywhere. Gary Tucker,Adam Cable,Jeffery Smith,Josh Smith and Jon Killabrew played great. At linebacker Adam Parnell had to sit out because of injury. Kat Kimsey started in his place and had a very good game. Matt Valentine and Josh Lawhon played well. Nothing new about that. Secondary played well. Matt Cox made a great interception tonight.

Special teams was good also.

I know Heritage isn't a great team but Maryville played very well tonight. If Maryville plays that well the rest of the year they will be hard to beat.The game was 45-0 at the half. The 1st string offense played the 1st half only. The 1st string defense played only 1 series in the 2nd half. The reserves played well tonight.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Walmart Coca-Cola first downs were in short supply for the Mountaineers Friday night. The Maryville D was dominant again, holding Heritage to 3 first downs and 64 yards.

The big guys up front got 'er done again. They for the most part, have man-handled everyone this season.

This is a very deep TEAM. Looking forward to seeing Garner, Clement, Miles, and Parnell back on the field to see how good this TEAM can be with all their pieces.

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

Agree RR, Maryville executed very well and the O line blew Heritage off the ball. I expected Maryville to win the contest but last night was the first time I've seen Heritage Lay down. At first Heritage was plenty physical but after the first few series they seemed to give up. Early their receivers had catch able passes but seemed to hear foot steps. Future opponents should take note Maryville is handing out some savage hits this year and may not shut down everyone but they will be physical.

Can’t believe a 5A school can’t find a kicker, Coach R should visit soccer practice to find one. Props to Heritage for keeping their frustration in check, which was a hard beating they took at home on senior night.

The Heritage "D" is better than the "O". The O looked in total disarray and it looks like another long season for our Blount County Neighbors.

On Byner. AB is a small quick back and is a very good HS RB, but I can't see him getting above the Div III level, I do enjoy watching him running through the secondary!

Can't wait till next week, the team looks ready to hand MorWest another beating. Go Rebs

Maryville played very good last night. Cade was on fire. The 2nd string team didn't score any, but that's ok, they did their job. I guess the talking to they got after last weeks game really helped, if Maryville plays like that every game other teams are going to have a tough time handling Maryville. Childs is really becoming a great player, and Tank and the rest of the 2nd string, are getting really good also. Next week at Mo. West will be our biggest challenge yet, and we need to play like we did last night.

well well well, looks whos prediction was right, wouldnt be mine would it, oh wait, yes it was. i predicted a 40+ point victory, and what did we get? a 40+ point victory. where are you at heath? i havent seen your posts on here explaining why maryville absoultly dominated your awesome defense that you said yall have? where was that O you were talking about, cause all i saw was a big goose egg on the scoreboard, and about 45 for us there. that doesnt leave much room for defense now does it? but anyways, cade played an awesome game, he was on target with most every pass, and stephen childs played like he wants a state championship. jenkins was solid as usual, and the runningbacks all played very well. the defense was obviously outstanding tonight. i cant remember how many total interceptions, but i know that matt valentine had one and so did matt cox. the d-line played fantastic, the only play i saw where they broke down was a quarterback run up the middle. and if anyone was wondering who i was, i tried to make it as clear as possible with the sign i made that said, "I am RebelRaider" and heath, yeah it was me that yelled at you on the sideline, and show some class and dont flip off the stands, i mean i know your team is terrible and everything and that you played like crap, but there is never a circumstance when you should flip off the stands. you are representing an organization and your school, show some class.