DB VS JEFF CO.

ArtVandalay

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, have you herd the news comming out of the JC camp, it apprears that Coach U has run Drew Bowlin off the team, Drew had been upset with his playing time and had ask to be moved to another position, after the Cambell Co. game and Coach U would not move him. Yesterday, I understand that Coach browbeat Drew for over 30 min. until he got him to leave the team. I can not believe Coach U would not move him to another position once he desided that Ben was who he was going with at QB. Drew worked hard to be the starter at QB, I think it is total wrong to not give him a chance to play somewhere eles. We are very weak at the Cb position, # 4 will get eat alive come Friday night, and the other DB are not the strongest player on the team, both Reliford and the older Acuff go both ways and will get tired at some point. They miss a bunch of tackles and they give to big of a cussion. DB recivers are faster, bigger, and stronger than anybody we will play.

I personally believe Drew could have helped here in a big way, he also could have helped the wideouts, Acuff is the best one, but he does have his moments, OR game last year he could not hold on to the ball. Vinyard has good hand but he is real slow and he can not get open. Crouch is really fast but, he has hands like a brick.

Drew is not as fast as Crouch, but he is alot faster than Vinyard, and his hands are better than any of the other recivers including Acuff, and about the same speed. He also could return punts because he can catch the ball. Acuff has not returned a punt this year, all he does is fair catch the ball, or lets it go, and we lose field position. Coach U has major league dispointed me with this action, I also understand we have lost other player this year, that need to be on the team.

JC needs all the player they can get on the field.

DB with this type attitude will kick JC butt on Friday! What goes around will also come around.

825341183[/snapback]

I`ve got a question, is your last name Bowlin? Because from the comments you have made on here, I can conclude that you are either A- Drew or B- Drew's dad. Its true we have had some other players quit, the two main reasons for quiting they were the starter at some point,lost their job,then quit. Or they couldn`t take the disciplined ship that coach U is running, then quit. I don`t know much about what happened yesterday between Drew and coach U, but I knew from the beginning the Drew (and family) were not going to happy with him not being the starter. As far as moving Drew to another position I have no problem with it,and can`t see why he can`t be moved to WR, as long as he still gets some snaps at QB. I know you think that Drew would be good at other positions, but the truth is WR is the only place I can see him moving. Brent Acuff has played well in the last two games, so I don`t know where you get off thinking he is the weak link in the secondaryIn fact the whole secondary has played better since the Rhea Co game. As a whole the secondary is still the weakness, moving Drew there won`t suddenly make it a strong point. It doesn`t matter who have in the secondary this week, DB's WR's are better than anyone we could put out there anyway. There is a reason why Shane Acuff is fielding punts, there is a reason the secondary gives that cussion, its the coaching. What the coaches decide is what the players do, you can agree or disagree but don`t blame the players for what the coaches decide.

Just a couple of items to consider...

The rain we are talking about associated with this hurricane is not your normal rain - the weather folks are talking about 8-12 inches of rain (that is a foot of rain for you non-meteorologists)...that would not allow the opportunity to even play on Friday or Saturday...and yes, the UT - Fla game may very well be effected to from a rescheduling situation...if we get what North Carolina got a couple of weeks ago, then we have major concerns and a discussion to determine the day to play sporting events becomes extremely minor...

...moving the game would not be done to attempt to create an advantage, it would be done because the forecasters are calling for a foot of rain with accompanying high winds and moving it would be the only way to get the game played (Thursday is predicted to already have conditions not conducive to outdoor activities)...the potential for a Woody Hayes style team vs. a St Louis Rams style team would still be a moot point.

The outer bands from Ivan are packing 124 mph winds with 160 mph gusts...these outer bands are 200 miles beyond the eye of the storm, which is presently being predicted to pass over the Tri-Cities. Yes, I know it will have diminished in strength by the time it gets here, but , just harken back to Raleigh a couple of weeks ago...flooding, schools closing for multiple days, businesses closed...this isn't a situation of a few evening showers and thundershowers...

Jefferson County was supposed to defeat the Indians last year (JPATS5 said that since the JC Pats beat the Indians when last years seniors were freshmen, they would win the game, big) with Jennings, Houston, Clement, and Brown...This year there is a new coach in town (a truly outstanding coach) and a lot of team unity and this should be a real good Big East match-up...but, it is not scheduled to be a swim meet.

The Indians will not take Jeff County for granted, period...that doesn't mean Jeff County can't win, it just means they won't win because the Indians overlooked them.

Roll Tribe Roll

825340548[/snapback]

Ahhhhh come on skunk, where would anyone get the idea that a game played in heavy rain, and high winds would take away from an advantage DB has? Where would anyone get the idea that the DB passing game might suffer under such conditions? We (Jeff Co) may not be the smartest people in the world, but we`re not stupid.

Edited by JC4life

I`ve got a question, is your last name Bowlin? Because from the comments you have made on here, I can conclude that you are either A- Drew or B- Drew's dad. Its true we have had some other players quit, the two main reasons for quiting they were the starter at some point,lost their job,then quit. Or they couldn`t take the disciplined ship that coach U is running, then quit. I don`t know much about what happened yesterday between Drew and coach U, but I knew from the beginning the Drew (and family) were not going to happy with him not being the starter. As far as moving Drew to another position I have no problem with it,and can`t see why he can`t be moved to WR, as long as he still gets some snaps at QB. I know you think that Drew would be good at other positions, but the truth is WR is the only place I can see him moving. Brent Acuff has played well in the last two games, so I don`t know where you get off thinking he is the weak link in the secondaryIn fact the whole secondary has played better since the Rhea Co game. As a whole the secondary is still the weakness, moving Drew there won`t suddenly make it a strong point. It doesn`t matter who have in the secondary this week, DB's WR's are better than anyone we could put out there anyway. There is a reason why Shane Acuff is fielding punts, there is a reason the secondary gives that cussion, its the coaching. What the coaches decide is what the players do, you can agree or disagree but don`t blame the players for what the coaches decide.

825341213[/snapback]

Interesting observation JC...

:D:D:lol:

LET ME TELL YOU FELLOWS SOMETHING. The game friday night is not GOIN TO GET played any other time except friday. To be such a good team and REAL MEN on the DB side you are lettin a lil raid SCARE YOU. What for!! HOW ABOUT THIS let your team do the talkin and walkin for themselves and we will let our team do the talkin. And BY the way HOW MANY YEARS HAVE we heard DB will win the state this year. We've heard it since this conf was created or even longer like DBs whole exsistence. AND GUESS what they have never won it. Its funny..........................................HAHAHA

THEY CANT

Ill give you something to scalp!

LET ME TELL YOU FELLOWS SOMETHING.  The game friday night is not GOIN TO GET played any other time except friday.  To be such a good team and REAL MEN on the DB side you are lettin a lil raid SCARE YOU.  What for!! HOW ABOUT THIS let your team do the talkin and walkin for themselves and we will let our team do the talkin.  And BY  the way HOW MANY YEARS HAVE we heard DB will win the state this year.  We've heard it since this conf was created or even longer like DBs whole exsistence.  AND GUESS what they have never won it.  Its funny..........................................HAHAHA   

THEY CANT

825341233[/snapback]

Dang! Someone had to go there, all heck is about to break lose now.

Will someone please tell me when it has blown over, so I can get back to talking about THE GAME.

LET ME TELL YOU FELLOWS SOMETHING.  The game friday night is not GOIN TO GET played any other time except friday.  To be such a good team and REAL MEN on the DB side you are lettin a lil raid SCARE YOU.  What for!! HOW ABOUT THIS let your team do the talkin and walkin for themselves and we will let our team do the talkin.  And BY  the way HOW MANY YEARS HAVE we heard DB will win the state this year.  We've heard it since this conf was created or even longer like DBs whole exsistence.  AND GUESS what they have never won it.  Its funny..........................................HAHAHA   

THEY CANT

825341233[/snapback]

Let me tell you something chief...

The decision to move the game is a decision based on safety of the fans and players and the condition of the field. And you know what, if they keep the game for friday and it is decided before game time that it is canceled than it will more than likely be played on monday, which won't hurt us at all cause next week is our bye-week.....

825341213[/snapback]

I agree JC4Life--this has got to be a family member to openly diss other players to make Drew look good. My mother always said, "You don't lift yourself up by putting other people down!" Barnyard Pat doesn't understand what JCHS does on punt "returns"--I think you do--won't say much else about that except that it is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are ignorant than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Drew is a good kid and a talented baseball player who was playing football. He could help the Pats somewhere but that's difficult if he's watching from the stands. :lol: