DB VS JEFF CO.

ArtVandalay

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have finally come out of the woodwork for my thoughts, Ive been ashamed to talk about the game because I wont be there (concert in Johnson City).

This has been a good thread so far, minus a couple of DB fools talkin nonsense my boy Fart Vanderbilt has keep it clean and hit us with the stats as always appreciate it Fart..

As ol Skunk said, last year was our year to beat the Tribe and it just did not happen. This year's team reminds me a lil of the team of my senior year in 2003, a bunch of over achievers, they have really surprised me so far, rebounding after Rhea Co.

Duran Ferguson has performed as advertised, Ive been keepin up with him in the Johnson City Press. His numbers are UNBELIEVABLE. 300 yards passing on Oak Ridge? Its gonna be tuff.

Duran and Williams had success on lasts years JC secondary which was a WHOLE lot tuffer than this years, Shane Acuff and the boys give it their best but it just isnt there. The only way we will have a chance is pressure up front, Smiley and Red Dog need to have career nights, I know Duran can beat us with his feet too so looks like it will be hard.

If it rains, I say it hurts JC more, because Shiverdecker is a cutting speedster, MUD=TOUGH TO CUT IN. Games in the mud are won in the trenches playing power football. Tre Reliford and Yeary will have to step it up. I hope they move it up to Thursday so I can go watch the game.

To pull this one out, my boys from the JCT will have to play a mistake free football game. Im anxious to see how Ben Pewitt handles the game, its the biggest one of his life. He handled the MoWest game really good, there is no doubt in my mind he should be the signal caller.

dude honestly how cool would it be to play a game up to your shins in water??

i think it would be the greatest thing ever, i dont care who wins i would be there front row cheerin on the tribe. but lets just hope for not alot of rain cause if the power goes out then i cant watch the broncos on saturday night.

agree 100%

825338672[/snapback]

Hey guys, have you herd the news comming out of the JC camp, it apprears that Coach U has run Drew Bowlin off the team, Drew had been upset with his playing time and had ask to be moved to another position, after the Cambell Co. game and Coach U would not move him. Yesterday, I understand that Coach browbeat Drew for over 30 min. until he got him to leave the team. I can not believe Coach U would not move him to another position once he desided that Ben was who he was going with at QB. Drew worked hard to be the starter at QB, I think it is total wrong to not give him a chance to play somewhere eles. We are very weak at the Cb position, # 4 will get eat alive come Friday night, and the other DB are not the strongest player on the team, both Reliford and the older Acuff go both ways and will get tired at some point. They miss a bunch of tackles and they give to big of a cussion. DB recivers are faster, bigger, and stronger than anybody we will play.

I personally believe Drew could have helped here in a big way, he also could have helped the wideouts, Acuff is the best one, but he does have his moments, OR game last year he could not hold on to the ball. Vinyard has good hand but he is real slow and he can not get open. Crouch is really fast but, he has hands like a brick.

Drew is not as fast as Crouch, but he is alot faster than Vinyard, and his hands are better than any of the other recivers including Acuff, and about the same speed. He also could return punts because he can catch the ball. Acuff has not returned a punt this year, all he does is fair catch the ball, or lets it go, and we lose field position. Coach U has major league dispointed me with this action, I also understand we have lost other player this year, that need to be on the team.

JC needs all the player they can get on the field.

DB with this type attitude will kick JC butt on Friday! What goes around will also come around.

Hey guys, have you herd the news comming out of the JC camp, it apprears that Coach U has run Drew Bowlin off the team, Drew had been upset with his playing time and had ask to be moved to another position, after the Cambell Co. game and Coach U would not move him. Yesterday, I understand that Coach browbeat Drew for over 30 min. until he got him to leave the team. I can not believe Coach U would not move him to another position once he desided that Ben was who he was going with at QB. Drew worked hard to be the starter at QB, I think it is total wrong to not give him a chance to play somewhere eles. We are very weak at the Cb position, # 4 will get eat alive come Friday night, and the other DB are not the strongest player on the team, both Reliford and the older Acuff go both ways and will get tired at some point. They miss a bunch of tackles and they give to big of a cussion. DB recivers are faster, bigger, and stronger than anybody we will play.

I personally believe Drew could have helped here in a big way, he also could have helped the wideouts, Acuff is the best one, but he does have his moments, OR game last year he could not hold on to the ball. Vinyard has good hand but he is real slow and he can not get open. Crouch is really fast but, he has hands like a brick.

Drew is not as fast as Crouch, but he is alot faster than Vinyard, and his hands are better than any of the other recivers including Acuff, and about the same speed. He also could return punts because he can catch the ball. Acuff has not returned a punt this year, all he does is fair catch the ball, or lets it go, and we lose field position. Coach U has major league dispointed me with this action, I also understand we have lost other player this year, that need to be on the team.

JC needs all the player they can get on the field.

DB with this type attitude will kick JC butt on Friday! What goes around will also come around.

825341183[/snapback]

So let me get this straight, Bowlin was basically kicked off the team?

You said Coach U brow beat Bowlin, what exactly did that entail? I agree, Bowlin should have definately been on the field somewhere--would have helped, no doubt. I think that having players playing both ways wears on a team, look at Maryville, they dont put a kid on both sides of the ball if they can at all help it. But back to the point, why would a coach kick a kid off a team, esp. a senior? I would like to know both sides of this story...