Ooltewah vs. William Blount

give'emsix

Set it big man and we will find out. Ooltewah has better history over Philly Blount schools so why not add another one to the list. I hope they put Maryville in our region next year so region 2 can show them why we are the toughest region in the state each and every Friday night. Region 2 has four teams in the top ten in the state going by the AP poll. There are no cup cakes in our region just some have down years.

825340865[/snapback]

I agree that its the toughest public school division in the state. Your right, there aren't any easy Fri nights except for Heritage ( Maryville put up 45 on Heritage in one half last week, pretty stout huh???? ) I seriously doubt anyone else does that this year maybe O.R. if anyone...Maryville would fair just as well in this division as they do in there own. They scrimmage O.R. every single fall and take it to them every single year, this year though they said it was a more even scrimmage ( and its a game like scrimmage ) and you have to agree that O.R. is clearly the top program in this region.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know about Oak Ridge being the class of this region. If you look at the numbers since this region has been together, then you will see that Ooltewah, and McMinn have the same number of region championships as Oak Ridge. As far as this season, Ooltewah and Soddy Daisy have a very good shot at taking the Region title. I dont know how good Maryville is, but it will be interesting when/if they join this very tough region next season. Oh and this region is a very tough region to play in, with the exceptions of Heritage, and Badley Central. But when their are that many good teams, there are bound to be 1 or 2 schools with a severe lack of talent.

I dont know about Oak Ridge being the class of this region. If you look at the numbers since this region has been together, then you will see that Ooltewah, and McMinn have the same number of region championships as Oak Ridge. As far as this season, Ooltewah and Soddy Daisy have a very good shot at taking the Region title. I dont know how good Maryville is, but it will be interesting when/if they join this very tough region next season. Oh and this region is a very tough region to play in, with the exceptions of Heritage, and Badley Central. But when their are that many good teams, there are bound to be 1 or 2 schools with a severe lack of talent.

825340979[/snapback]

I've watched Maryville for the last couple years and they'd fare just as well in this region. They pass the ball as well as most mid level colleges. And in high school its hard to stop a GOOD passing team. ( Now a mediocore one isn't that hard to stop but a good one is )......Oak Ridge has a real good team this year. And I'm not a fan of any of these teams in this region but my prediction this year is O.R. wins the region title and DB represents the East in the semis ( they are loaded )...

Im sure they would... i dont think anyone is denying Maryville is a good team. The only thing anyone is arguing on is Oak Ridge's ability to dominate Ooltewah, and Soddy Daisy. I really think those 3 games (Ooltewah/Soddy Daisy, Ooltewah Oak Ridge, and Oak Ridge/ Soddy Daisy) are gonna be the best games in East Tennessee this season. Should be something else.

You better believe it.  I try not to miss them since my bro's playing.  I actually did miss the one last week because I had to play in a baseball game.  But I shouldn't miss another one this season.  Why?

825341449[/snapback]

My Bro plays for Soddy..

Lets exchange Cell numbers so we can check up during the games...

Are you in? I need to be a plus memebr so I can use Instant Message...

Im sure they would... i dont think anyone is denying Maryville is a good team.  The only thing anyone is arguing on is Oak Ridge's ability to dominate Ooltewah, and Soddy Daisy. I really think those 3 games (Ooltewah/Soddy Daisy, Ooltewah Oak Ridge, and Oak Ridge/ Soddy Daisy) are gonna be the best games in East Tennessee this season. Should be something else.

825341092[/snapback]

I don't think anyone up here is expecting a repeat of last year's margins of victory. I thought all along that Soddy Daisy would probably be our toughest region game. I knew Ooltewah would be better, I just didn't think they would be this good this soon. As for the dominance part, I really don't care about dominating, I just want us to win.

ooltewah hasnt played anybody this year

if they beat a good team then ill be a believer

825341453[/snapback]

ehhh..I was gonna comment on that post, but I think we all know that it was just stupid so I will leave it at that! ANYWAY...WHAT ABOUT IVAN?!?! You think the game will be played...or will the rain wreck it? They are saying that we might not even be in school on friday b/c it is supposed to be so bad...flooding and maybe tornadoes and stuff. I know some games are being played on Thursday..but the weather Friday night actually is supposed to be better than on Thursday night, although Friday DAY is supposed to be nasty! I think it'd be cool if we had homecoming on Saturday, but i doubt that will happen and I dont know what the weather is supposed to be like then! :o

ehhh..I was gonna comment on that post, but I think we all know that it was just stupid so I will leave it at that! ANYWAY...WHAT ABOUT IVAN?!?! You think the game will be played...or will the rain wreck it? They are saying that we might not even be in school on friday b/c it is supposed to be so bad...flooding and maybe tornadoes and stuff. I know some games are being played on Thursday..but the weather Friday night actually is supposed to be better than on Thursday night, although Friday DAY is supposed to be nasty! I think it'd be cool if we had homecoming on Saturday, but i doubt that will happen and I dont know what the weather is supposed to be like then! :o

825341654[/snapback]

I heard from a very reliable source that the Ooltewah game will NOT be played on Saturday...even if it rains it ou Friday. That's Tennessee/Florida game.