Alcoa vs. Sweetwater

Tornadofan15

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys whats up...I have seen Swater and alcoa play and both are tallented teams...Latham is explosive...his cousin craig is also a player and if Moore gets the ball watch out. presley on defense is havoc he had 10 or more solos last week. the corners could have their hands full agaist alcoa tho. but the run maybe difficult for the tornados. i love my cats but this is up in the air............ill go with the blue by .........3?

Wagglert, They should win state. HaHa! Did you forget the 55 to 6 thrashing they took last year from lipscomb. But I won't talk about that now this is about Alcoa and Sweetwater. If Alcoa thinks Dustin Latham is the only player that Sweetwater has then Alcoa better watch out. Besides the way everyone has talked all year Alcoa only has three players on the team. They will have a hard time beating 11 with only three. Football is a team sport and Sweetwater will bring the whole team. Just remember both of the Alcoa games last year Sweetwater lost them because of turnovers. If Sweetwater holds on to the ball they will come out winners in this one. Sweetwaters line is just to big and strong for Alcoa.

My point is Alcoa has only played one real team(maryville) which they lost. The real team before that was lipscomb which they got killed. The other teams they have beat this year are down. They have beat teams that are rebuilding. They win one region game(oliversprings) and people are saying they are going to win state(look at oliversprings record). Beat Sweetwater and Rockwood then you can talk region champs. After that I wish you luck.

My point is Alcoa has only played one real team(maryville) which they lost.  The real team before that was lipscomb which they got killed.  The other teams they have beat this year are down.  They have beat teams that are rebuilding.  They win one region game(oliversprings) and people are saying they are going to win state(look at oliversprings record).  Beat Sweetwater and Rockwood then you can talk region champs.  After that I wish you luck.

825339507[/snapback]

Dude you are talking like SW is a power house team!! They won't win this game, and I would put anything on that. Latham might be a good running back, but Alcoa will be too much for SW. Sorry, but Alcoa by at least 21!! thumb

My point is Alcoa has only played one real team(maryville) which they lost.  The real team before that was lipscomb which they got killed.  The other teams they have beat this year are down.  They have beat teams that are rebuilding.  They win one region game(oliversprings) and people are saying they are going to win state(look at oliversprings record).  Beat Sweetwater and Rockwood then you can talk region champs.  After that I wish you luck.

825339507[/snapback]

And Rockwood hasn't been good since my freshman year in 97. Alcoa will win the region and should end up 9-1 before entering the playoffs. This region is not ready for this explosive tornadoe team!!

I think your wrong, Rockwood has been good several times since 97. Rockwood and Alcoa played a great game last year in Rockwood. But Rockwood, Alcoa and Sweetwater all seem to be better than last year. Should make for an intresting Region race. Alcoa being to cocky may be their downfall, i'm not saying the players are, but the fans seem to be. They are a good team, but they can be beat.

First of all, let me inform all Sweetwater fans and the few Alcoa fans that may not know, there is a possibility that the game will be moved to Thursday, due to the effects of hurricane Ivan, I'll keep everyone posted if I learn anything else. But anyway, enough of me trying to play weatherman. This game, as last year's was, will kind of come down to the Dustin factor again, except in a different perspective. Last year if either team would stop either Dustin they would win, well I was wrong, SW couldn't stop Lindsey and vice versa for Alcoa. i think it will be a little different this year. If Alcoa stops Latham, then they will win big, really big. If SW stops Lindsey, then it will be CLOSE, but I don't think they'll win, Lindsey is only 1/3 of the Big 3. We just have to may weapons. But when the smoke all clears, I see.....

Alcoa 41

SW 21