IVAN to dump heavy rain on state Friday

DS2001

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only question is, how many REAL fans will attend the game if it rains. I know I'll be at Austin East to see my Roadrunners take on Loudon. But if the game is switched to Saturday, it'll be best that the games be played that afternoon at 1 or 2. Then you wouldn't have to worry about it conflicting with the UT game.

Edited by AERoadrunners

Why cancel for rain, isn't football games suppose to be played in all kinds of weather.  We have not cancelled games because it is too hot.  rain sleet snow ice bring it all  Ivan come and get us

825340667[/snapback]

there is a normal storm, then there is a storm generated by a hurricane, tennessee is expecting 8-12 inches of rain this week. but ae is right, teams all across the state will find out who their real fans are this weekend

Normal rain is one thing... but heavy rain and storms can be dangerous to people traveling to and from games and the home school must also consider gate receipts. Football programs depend on 5 home gate income to fund their programs and in a year when many programs around the state are short of money... this WILL be a consideration. Why not postpone the game until Friday if it becomes clear rain will be bad on Friday?

As far as I know a game can only be cancelled if there is a life threating situation for example lighting, in my opinion heavy rain will not force a game to be postponed. McMinn Co. and Soddy Daisy played a game a few years ago @ Soddy Daisy with mudd coming up over the top of your shoes it must have been 3-4 inches deep. So if teams can play in that then they should be able to play in a heavy rain, as long as no one is in any danger.

As far as I know a game can only be cancelled if there is a life threating situation for example lighting, in my opinion heavy rain will not force a game to be postponed. McMinn Co. and Soddy Daisy played a game a few years ago @ Soddy Daisy with mudd coming up over the top of your shoes it must have been 3-4 inches deep. So if teams can play in that then they should be able to play in a heavy rain, as long as no one is in any danger.

825340756[/snapback]

Coaches and principals move games all the time. It is up to the two schools to make the call! If the game starts, then the head official can call a game but up until the game is turned over to the officials, the call is always made by the principals or their representatives.

Edited by ELA

I was checking out WBIR's update @ 1:30 this afternoon at lunch and according to the track it's supposed to be sitting in the ET Valley by 8 a.m. on Saturday...so SE TN will get soaked because it's going to be in North and Central Bama on Friday by 8 a.m....if the track hasn't changed since then...

What's going to be fun is the UT/Florida game on Saturday night. We all remember what happened the last time it rained for one of these games...Ivan Storrm Track @ 2 p.m. EDT