Maryville v.s. Mo West

WestHightrojanfan2007

shag,

What's with your hangup with coaches?  For awhile all you talked about was "cute Kevin" and now your hung up on Clinton's ex-DB coach?  Aren't there boards where you can mingle with your friends who also play for the other team?

BTW, if you look closely, the DB who gets plowed also ends up making the tackle.

825343610[/snapback]

Some coaches are cuter and taller than others newmie.I like to mingle.The db also got knocked out with a concussion.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the article in the Maryville Times on-line edition this morning and was wondering how long it would take for this to come up.  In Coach Woods' defense this quote was taken "way out of context."  Although I hate that defense when people have unflattering quotes attributed to them in this case it is true.

1.  He was quoted as saying this in response to a question from the Citizen's Tribune sportswriter, he was never interviewed by anyone from the MDT.

2.  The question was something along these lines:  you seemed to dominate the 1st half but only lead 7-0 at halftime and had several missed opportunities including a fumble on the 1 yd line, did that concern you: 

Response (summarized not word for word):  Yes it did because I don't think the score (7-0) indicated how much we dominated them and it worried me that we didn't have a bigger lead going into the 3rd quarter.

3.  I can tell you this is all factual because I was standing about 5 feet away when this interview took place.

I can assure you (as I have said many times before on this site) that everyone associated with Mo.  West has nothing but respect and admiration for Maryville and their program.

BTW, this same paper in an article last spring referred to the MW win in the semi-finals as a :"fluke."  Not real professional in my opinion.

I hope both teams play hard tonight and come out injury-free.  I also hope that RR, STARS, DMoyers, FBE and the rest of the Maryville fans and students have a safe trip to and from Morristown in the bad weather.

825343684[/snapback]

Thanks for the safe wishes. Hopefully we'll all get there in one piece. ;)

I wish mo west would have seen the maryville players when they heard the game was thursday. Man i cant wait to watch this game and mo west get embarassed. A lot of people say the rain will hurt maryville, but they do make things called gloves. See u all at the game and cant wait till friday to talk about maryvilles big win.

I wish mo west would have seen the maryville players when they heard the game was thursday.  Man i cant wait to watch this game and mo west get embarassed.  A lot of people say the rain will hurt maryville, but they do make things called gloves.  See u all at the game and cant wait till friday to talk about maryvilles big win.

825343836[/snapback]

Although Halls didn't think it would, water plays to our advantage. See my previous email about Maryville/Mowest in the rain in years past.

See you up there bud!! thumb

the water isnt going to hurt us, it is just going to be their excuse for their loss this year. the only reason that we brought up the rain at ahlls is because there hadnt been any rain and somehow the field was wet. but the game still played in our favor with the 24-0 win. mo-west wont win this game whether its sunny and 95, or its rainy like it is today. that is their excuse though, Maryville by two TDs

the water isnt going to hurt us, it is just going to be their excuse for their loss this year.  the only reason that we brought up the rain at ahlls is because there hadnt been any rain and somehow the field was wet.  but the game still played in our favor with the 24-0 win.  mo-west wont win this game whether its sunny and 95, or its rainy like it is today.  that is their excuse though, Maryville by two TDs

825343872[/snapback]

Where in th heck have you been? I haven't got to talk to you in days man ;)

So, are the rebels fired up and ready to roll? Dumb question...

Anything special happen at school today?

the water isnt going to hurt us, it is just going to be their excuse for their loss this year.  the only reason that we brought up the rain at ahlls is because there hadnt been any rain and somehow the field was wet.  but the game still played in our favor with the 24-0 win.  mo-west wont win this game whether its sunny and 95, or its rainy like it is today.  that is their excuse though, Maryville by two TDs

825343872[/snapback]

Whatever. I don't care if a sinkhole opens up at the 50-yard line, there's not going to be any excuses coming from this West fan. The fact of the matter is West's overall talent is below the levels of years past. Maryville simply appears to be the better team this year and barring some miracle (like the sinkhole swallowing up the entire Rebel sideline), Maryville wins tonight.

Congratulations to Coach Quarles and his wife on their newborn. Safe trip to all Rebel fans and here's hoping for no injuries tonight.

Morristown%20West.gif

Whatever. I don't care if a sinkhole opens up at the 50-yard line, there's not going to be any excuses coming from this West fan. The fact of the matter is West's overall talent is below the levels of years past. Maryville simply appears to be the better team this year and barring some miracle (like the sinkhole swallowing up the entire Rebel sideline), Maryville wins tonight.

Congratulations to Coach Quarles and his wife on their newborn. Safe trip to all Rebel fans and here's hoping for no injuries tonight.

Morristown%20West.gif

825343979[/snapback]

We'll see you there Randy!! Good luck to both sides. thumb