DB wins

DZbettin

I see this thread taking a turn from it being a good game by both teams, to DB was just lucky to win it. Sure DB did score off two Jeff. Co. turnovers, but thats part of the game. Jeff. Co. had two interceptions and didn't score. Was that luck or good defense on DB's part? I'll say it again, Jeff. Co. did a great job of holding DB down. But DB's defense was the story of the game. As well as Jeff. Co played on defense, DB was much better on that side of the ball. Minus 4 yrds. and 0 first downs in the second half. And DB controlled the clock with over 20 min. to Jeff. co.'s 4 something min. in the second half. You can't do much better than that. Also nobody has mentioned that DB was sitting on Jeff. co.'s 3yrd. line and let the clock run out or the score would of been 21-3. Im not bosting,just wanted to let you guys know the game was not won by luck. Nor will we need luck the next time we meet. Jeff. Co. has a great team and a great coach, but DB is a little better and they proved it once again.

Still The Beast of The Big East thumb

Edited by WaCoJaCo

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jeff Co fans.  Where did all the pre-season Euverard skeptics go?  I guess nobody can be skeptical of Euverard now.  He is just what Jeff Co needed. Sounds like he does not put up with any crap from his players either.

825345083[/snapback]

now you folks know why he was held in such high esteem at oakland, still miss him, him and coach pippenger both

Hey Jeff Co fans.  Where did all the pre-season Euverard skeptics go?  I guess nobody can be skeptical of Euverard now.  He is just what Jeff Co needed. Sounds like he does not put up with any crap from his players either.

825345083[/snapback]

After the Rhea CO. game I was a skeptic, but after the win against Mo West and an admirable effort in Kingsport I have to give him all the credit in the world. I thought Meadows did a great job in his two years in the JCT, but this makes me wonder what Euverard could have done with the team that had Jeff Jennings, Scooter Houston, Tyler Brown, and Parker Clement.

I think the Wing T was the perfect offense for last year's team but maybe all it took was the coaching style / magic that Euverard seems to have this year. I dont know the whole situation with Bowlin's leaving / getting kicked off the team but it sounds like Coach just doesnt take only bull. I think Bowlin will regret his decision and actions and try to get back on the team or wish he didnt do what he did.

Once again, hats off to my boys, they played good and should be proud of themselves. DB may not have played their best game but they didnt play their worst game, I think the Patriot D just showed up more than they expected.

JC4Life, I was right in front of the pass to Crouch in the 4th, the ball was a good yard behind him, he would have had to make a spectacular catch to haul it in, and the one on the slant hit him in the foot, Ben threw before Crouch even cut on the slant because he was about to get crushed <_< Dallas would have had to make a great catch.

I see this thread taking a turn from it being a good game by both teams, to DB was just lucky to win it. Sure DB did score off two Jeff. Co. turnovers, but thats part of the game.  Jeff. Co. had two interceptions and didn't score. Was that luck or good defense on DB's part?  I'll say it again, Jeff. Co. did a great job of holding DB down. But DB's defense was the story of the game. As well as Jeff. Co played on defense, DB was much better on that side of the ball. Minus 4 yrds. and 0 first downs in the second half. And DB controlled the clock with over 20 min. to Jeff. co.'s 4 something min. in the second half. You can't do much better than that. Also nobody has mentioned that DB was sitting on Jeff. co.'s 3yrd. line and let the clock run out or the score would of been 21-3. Im not bosting,just wanted to let you guys know the game was not won by luck. Nor will we need luck the next time we meet.  Jeff. Co. has a great team and a great coach, but DB is a little better and they proved it once again.

Still The Beast of The Big East thumb

825345099[/snapback]

DB wasnt lucky to win the game, I think it was more that both teams played on the same level, JC played better than expected, DB played worse than expected, but the better team came out on top.

I just wish DB had played like that last year or in 2002 (the game where it spit snow at J Fred) in the playoffs, that would have been very interesting.

JC4Life, I was right in front of the pass to Crouch in the 4th, the ball was a good yard behind him, he would have had to make a spectacular catch to haul it in, and the one on the slant hit him in the foot, Ben threw before Crouch even cut on the slant because he was about to get crushed  <_<  Dallas would have had to make a great catch.

825345111[/snapback]

Maybe I was too far away to see that the pass was behind him a little, but it did hit him in the hands, that much I do know. I agree that the pass on the slant wasn`t a good throw, but like you say Ben would have been sacked if he had no throw it when he did. There are so many "if's" that could have made this game go the other way, if Ben had held on to the ball instead of throwing the int that lead to DB's first TD, if Chris wouldn`t have tired out on that first run, if we had just blocked one of the those punts (we got SO close, SO many times). If's don`t win games however, so we must give credit where credit is due. DB capitalized on their chances, and the breaks they had, we didn`t, bottom line.

Edited by JC4life

Coach U says it best...no excuses about the weather, being on the field to long, etc. We didn't capitalize when we had the opportunities, and you can't give a great team like DB chances.

Go Patriots, Beat the Fighting Cocks

"We had the ball three times inside the 20 and only came away with three points," Euverard stated. "You've got to be able to put points on the board when you get that close against quality teams like D-B."

"Our defense played hard and made some plays," Euverard said. "However, a moral victory isn't acceptable with us.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=...id=159389&rfi=6

Coach U says it best...no excuses about the weather, being on the field to long, etc.  We didn't capitalize when we had the opportunities, and you can't give a great team like DB chances. 

Go Patriots, Beat the Fighting Cocks

"We had the ball three times inside the 20 and only came away with three points," Euverard stated. "You've got to be able to put points on the board when you get that close against quality teams like D-B."

"Our defense played hard and made some plays," Euverard said. "However, a moral victory isn't acceptable with us.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=...id=159389&rfi=6

825345205[/snapback]

Thanks HeathHelton for sharing Coach U's thoughts.

Coach Grade's

Coach Smoot- A+++++, great job! The guys tackled well, covered well and rushed well. We seem to be in all the right places. The defense gave us the opportunity to win. I would think Coach Smoot won't be with us long. He has to be getting alot of attention from other schools.

Coach U- C-, Most teams beat blitzs with middle screens and draws. We seemed unprepared on offense. THe first half we kept drives going because of DB penalties. We have a major 3rd and long problem. Shivy & Reliford are a great tandem and will have bigger numbers if we can take the heat off them. We were given a golden opportunity to win last night. The players played well enough to win, but like Rhea Co., we were out coached. DB made major changes in the second half, why didn't we?

Does anyone know the penalty stats?