DB wins

DZbettin

Just got back from the game, and I must say that I am very proud of how the Patriots played. The score was 7-3 DB most of the game. I knew our front 7 was good, but our whole defense played a great game. We were able to pressure Duran some, which forced him to throw some bad passes, we also tackled well. Jason Yeary was a monster all night long, he was in on almost every play. I have no more doubts about our secondary, they played the best game they ever had. They picked off two passes, and didn`t give up any big plays. I have to give it up to all 4 guys in our secondary, Brett Acuff, Shane Acuff, Trey Reliford, and John Huskey who also had a great game. In the first half the offense was dominate, except for when they got into the red zone. We got into the DB red zone 3 times in the first half, and only got 3 points total. The o-line was blowing open large holes in the first half, Chris Shiverdecker had to have close to 100 yds in the first half. The 2nd half was a totally different story. DB came out with 9 in the box, not only were there 9 men in the box, but DB brought all 9 guys on most plays. The o-line was simply overmatched in the 2nd half, facing blizing guys. Overall I though we played very well, facing a team that most people say is very good.

Keep your heads up patriots, you guys have nothing to be ashamed of.

825344648[/snapback]

Congratulations to both teams....DB for getting a hard fought win, and my Pats for showing up and playing a great ball game, you made DB earn it. Good luck to both teams next week.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I didnt roll into J Fred Stadium until right before halftime (pregame festivities took longer than anticipated :() , but what I saw I was proud of my boys, they fought hard but were simply overmatched.

The secondary did their containing Williams to short catches, I think the longest completion Ferguson made that I saw was about 15 yards. Yeary had a good game, and so did Smiley, what did the DB faithful think of Smiley, if the kid was a foot taller and a little heavier he would be all time, he has the heart of a champion.

Overall good effort, we played a good game, just not the perfect game needed. Congrats to DB, I wouldnt mind if yall finally got the Art Vandalay off your back and won state.

Edited by LawyerMilloy

Well I didnt roll into J Fred Stadium until right before halftime (pregame festivities took longer than anticipated  :() , but what I saw I was proud of my boys, they fought hard but were simply overmatched.

The secondary did their containing Williams to short catches, I think the longest completion Ferguson made that I saw was about 15 yards. Yeary had a good game, and so did Smiley, what did the DB faithful think of Smiley, if the kid was a foot tall and heavier he would be all time, he has the heart of a champion.

Overall good effort, we played a good game, just not the perfect game needed. Congrats to DB, I wouldnt mind if yall finally got the Art Vandalay off your back and won state.

825344693[/snapback]

Lawyer, if you didn`t get to the game until right before halftime, you missed most of Shiverdecker's good runs.

Congrats to THE MIGHTY TRIBE....good luck next week how did duran do...i know the rain didnt help play much.

825344740[/snapback]

Rain had virtually no impact on the game. The Pat D simply shut down the D-B passing attack. Ironically, the D-B running game produced their only offensive score. They might have thrown it once or twice on that drive. The fumble on our own 30 didn't help either. However, kudos to D-B for making the adjustments after the half to stop the run. A jailbreak on every play should stop a running attack and with Pewitt having hardly any time to throw, we had no options almost. But, hats off to my Patriots! What a game they played! I can't wait for the rest of the season. Go Patriots!

P.S. Shivvy is a special back. I think he has made a believer out of everyone now. thumb

Lawyer, if you didn`t get to the game until right before halftime, you missed most of Shiverdecker's good runs.

825344701[/snapback]

No doubt, thats what my boy patriotghost79 said, (thats not what i call him in person, just didnt wanna use his real name :D ) You know who I am JC4life, you shoulda hollad at ya boy, I still cant figure out who you are.

Another thing I noticed about the game, DB was bringing the perfect blitzes it seemed like on pass plays, especially towards the end of the game. Whether it was a linebacker or defensive back, they got untouched rushes on Pewitt more than once. My hats off to the DB defensive coordinator.

A tip of the cap to Ben Pewitt too, it was a rough game he needs to take this game and build on it for the future, him and Shiverdecker will do big things the rest of this year and next year.

No doubt, thats what my boy patriotghost79 said, (thats not what i call him in person, just didnt wanna use his real name  B) )  You know who I am JC4life, you shoulda hollad at ya boy, I still cant figure out who you are.

Another thing I noticed about the game, DB was bringing the perfect blitzes it seemed like on pass plays, especially towards the end of the game. Whether it was a linebacker or defensive back, they got untouched rushes on Pewitt more than once. My hats off to the DB defensive coordinator.

A tip of the cap to Ben Pewitt too, it was a rough game he needs to take this game and build on it for the future, him and Shiverdecker will do big things the rest of this year and next year.

825344769[/snapback]

I thought been did an ok job, considering the pressure he was getting. He hardly had any time to throw the ball, I liked that we ran some 3 step drops, and some shotgun. Shane had another good game at WR, he did a job good job catching the ball on those short passes. I actually almost went out onto the field when Dallas dropped that pass :D Ben was getting no help from the o-line all night, and when he finally did get off a good pass, the ball was dropped.

nice to hear that marty opened it up tonight, he will do that if he has the personnel/comfort level with his skill players. not out of the question to see these 2 play each other again in the quarters

Good game Pats! Much to build on. We got out-snookered in the second half and had no response for the linebacker blitz. Pats had a great defensive scheme--but no offensive adjustments for DB's second half defensive adjustments. JC4Life--you're a little tough on #11--the ball you're talking about was on the shoe tops on a slant--not an easy catch--unless you're talking about the one that was two yards behind him on another slant that was miraculous to just get a hand on. The definition of a "drop" is a catchable ball that is definitely the receiver's fault for dropping--not not being able to make a great catch of a poorly thrown ball. Ben's a great kid but the fact is that he only had time to throw one decent pass all night--a delay to #10. He was under pressure most of the night and we need to work on pass blocking. The quick slants would have been a good adjustment--we had it twice but neither throw was on stride or at least waist high. Ben and the WRs need to work extra on reps to get the timing down. I think Coach U, Pipp, and Smoot deserve props for a good game plan--coach U just has to have a plan "b" if they take Shivy away by the run blitz. Lastly, DB is still a great team--they can count on seeing another great team dressed in blue a couple rounds into the play-offs. thumb

Congratulations Patriots. You guys played with a lot of heart and earned my respect. However the fact is, DB played the absolute worst ball game they could have played and still came away with the win so good job boys. Without the play of Dee Peeler and Steven Moten, we might have been in trouble. This game was last year's Karns game, and we still got the win so keep goin boys....

TRIBE ALL DA WAY!!!

Great game by both teams last night! I predicted the score to be 20 - 14, DB. So I wasn't one of "those clowns" picking a lopsided score. Boy did Jeff. Co. come out smelling like a rose on their coaching change or what! The Patriots did their homework on this game thats for sure. We saw some new looks on defense last night, and nobody has shut our offense down like that in two years. But you guys forgot that we had Coach Watson runing our defense. Its hard to believe that after that first half DB held Jeff. Co. to 0 first downs and minus 4 yrds. total offense. That was where the game was won. Our offense finally showed that we do have a pretty good running game after all. This game couldn't of come at a better time though. We have two weeks to work on it now. And I guarantee everyone we play from here on out will try the same things on defense.

Still the BEAST OF THE BIG EAST!

Edited by WaCoJaCo