How bout them Rebels?

missingthesouth

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38-0 maryville beats the crap out of mo-west, just as expected. our defense was absolutely outstanding. this is the third week in a row that we have shut out the other team. our offense was clicking, and we looked great. mo-west had absolutely no defense in this game, it was actually quite pitiful. thier offense obviously wasnt doing too good either, i guess that accounts for the big 0 on the scoreboard at the end of the game. all you mo-west fans, better luck next year, try not to get spanked as bad as you did this year.

I really thought it would be two, maaaybe 3 td's. I wasn't expecting a consumate butt whoopin like that. Like I said before though, rain favors the better running team. Well, we ran better, threw better, kicked better, stayed on our sidelines better, handled the poor officiating better, covered the stands better and more or less had a complete, 4 quarter football game. thumb

West quit at the beginning of the 3rd quarter. They really didn't want anymore. I can't blame them. I left at the end of the 3rd qtr. Was there anymore scoring afte 38-0?

Way to go REBELS, way to go!!!

I really thought it would be two, maaaybe 3 td's.  I wasn't expecting a consumate butt whoopin like that.  Like I said before though, rain favors the better running team.  Well, we ran better, threw better, kicked better, stayed on our sidelines better, handled the poor officiating better, covered the stands better and more or less had a complete, 4 quarter football game.  thumb

West quit at the beginning of the 3rd quarter.  They really didn't want anymore.  I can't blame them.  I left at the end of the 3rd qtr.  Was there anymore scoring afte 38-0?

Way to go REBELS, way to go!!!

825344871[/snapback]

DMoyers,

Maryville did whip us last night there is no disputing that, however I am going to take up for my boys. Nobody for Mo West. quit at any time last night, they played hard the whole game. Good luck to the Rebs the rest of the year.

38-0 maryville beats the crap out of mo-west, just as expected.  our defense was absolutely outstanding.  this is the third week in a row that we have shut out the other team.  our offense was clicking, and we looked great.  mo-west had absolutely no defense in this game, it was actually quite pitiful.  thier offense obviously wasnt doing too good either, i guess that accounts for the big 0 on the scoreboard at the end of the game.  all you mo-west fans, better luck next year, try not to get spanked as bad as you did this year.

825344687[/snapback]

Good to hear I didn't miss anything after I left. I went back to Knoxville to find refuge in a warm (DRY) bar with a cold beer at the end of the 3rd qtr. Did the middle school kids get to play any?

Maryville looked very good last night.

Cade Thompson threw 3 touchdowns. Cade was on target all night long. Derek Hunt played well in relief of Cade Thompson. Derek ran the ball well. Threw a pass that was dropped that would have been a 1st down.

Running backs ran hard. Antonio Byner's touchdown run was great. He broke a bunch of tackles on that run. Ryan Tallent had a 40 yd run. Ryan Singleton ran very hard. Adrian Baker looked very good. His only drawback is the fumble.Baker had a 35 yd run where he broke all kinds of tackles.

Steven Childs and Ryan Jenkins had great games. Both are becoming big play guys.Jenkins is the fade guy like Tyler Gaskin,Jacob Holt and Scott Wilks. Steven Childs is our physical receiver. Andrew Clement was back but you could tell he missed a few games. He was rusty. Kirk Harris had a nice touchdown catch on a slant pattern.

Offensive line was blocking very well. I saw one play where Rhett Brooks drove #90 10 yds off the ball. This offensive line is very physical. The 2nd team line performed well. I saw Lewis Darrus make a very nice block that sprung Ryan Singleton on a screen pass.

The defense was dominating. The defensive line all had a great game. I liked the play where Josh Smith nailed the running back. The defensive front dominated the MOWest offensive line. Gary Tucker,Justin Voto,Jon Killabrew and Josh Smith have really stepped up this year. Adam Cable and Jeffery Smith were good last year but they are better this year. Aaron May is playing well also. The best things about this defensive line is they are all improving each game and only 2 of those guys are seniors. Jeffery Smith and Aaron May are the only seniors on the defensive front.

Linebackers were very good. Kat Kimsey is playing well in Adam Parnell's place. Matt Valentine patrols the middle well. Jon Lawhon is the best player on defense. Lawhon can run very well and he will knock your head off. Jon was awesome last night. Maryville's linebackers are as good as anybody's

I was glad to see Dave Garner back. He is a big key to the secondary. He is a proven player and he allows Steven Childs,Andrew Clement and Ryan Jenkins to get more rest so they can play receiver. Secondary is getting better each game.

Kicking game was very good. Sachett was good on field goals. Koyano was putting kicks in the end zone. Coverage teams were good. Ryan Jenkins had a few good punts.

Overall this was a nice win. Maryville made very few mistakes.

MOWest will still have a good season. I would not be surprised to see MOWest in the semifinals again. But! It looks like Tennessee High will make some noise this year. Bradley James is a player. He needs to touch the ball more for the Trojans.