Milan vs. JCM

Bulldog Fan #2

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milan is not close this year to the team they had last year. They were very fortunate to beat Westview, and had the Westview coach allowed their quarterback to throw the ball like he has the past 2 weeks, Milan would not have beaten them. Milan might be the 3rd or 4th best 2A team in West Tennessee behind Huntingdon and Camden, and possibly McKenzie. JCM is the best team of any class in West Tennessee. You will see that Friday night. JCM by at least 2 touchdowns.

Volunteer[/url'>General' date='Sep 21 2004 - 09:26 PM']Wow..what a spin!  JCM was in need of a game. It was getting late in the scheduling process and they did need one. However, so did Milan. Coach Morris stated last week that they too were in dire need of getting their 10th game scheduled.

JCM had another school that would play them so this wasn`t Hardegree`s last hope as you would try to present it.

Milan refused to come to Rothrock so JCM accomodated Milan by offering to play at Northside.

Yes..Milan is giving JCM the gate. It`s a home game for JCM....DUH!!! Don`t act like this is some big generous act on Milan`s part. When Milan agreed to the contract JCM was going to get the concessions as well. Now Milan is going to get that money. Milan should be proud as punch to get a 6th game at their homefield.

Once it bacame evident that the game could not be played at Northside, Milan should have done one of the following....

1. Play at Rothrock

2. Be gracious host and give JCM all the proceeds.(remember when the original contract JCM would get all proceeds)

Originally JCM gave up their home stadium to play Milan. Next JCM agrees to pay for buses and give up the bands concessions among other things all to play Milan who wouldn`t agree to swap home dates like every other school does in this state. And you somehow come to the conclusion that Milan is accomadating JCM. AMAZING!!! :blink:

VG ... my comment started by me saying "from the outside looking in" meaning that I'm not from Milan and I'm not a Milan grad or supporter. I don't have a dog in this fight. My comments were derived from the comments I read in this thread about the subject ... and this thread only ... ergo ... my repeated statements mentioning "from what I've read on here". You bring up points that I wasn't aware of ... that being said ... when Milan refused to play at 'The Rock' ... JCM could have just decided not to play the game and just had 9 games on the schedule. It's allowable, I know because Melrose had 9 regular season games a couple of years ago because of scheduling problems. The fact of the matter is this ... Milan balked at playing at 'The Rock' and offered their proposal and JCM accepted the offer. End of story. JCM did not have to accept the offer, and if they couldn't find a suitable option for a 10th game, they could of just had two bye weeks in the schedule. They ... JCM ... decided to take Milan up on the offer. So .... what's the big deal? No one twisted JCM's arm to sign that contract. I don't know if it was too late to find another opponent ... and it really doesn't matter ... that point is mute. Milan made an offer, JCM agreed, and they didn't have to ... end of story. Just enjoy the game!

Plain and simple...... This will not be a game.. this will be a grudge match and JCM will give Milan the biggest beatdown Milan has seen in a while.

You dont have to believe it but I guarantee it. :angry:

The people in Jackson are looking forward to this one!! Northside, Southside, Liberty, USJ, TCA, JC, Madison all support the Cougars in this one! thumb

JCM wins this one ya'll. Forget the stadium arguements and everything else. When the kids go on the field, it' just a field.

Every player in W. TN should play at "The Rock" at least one time and overlook the firecrackers. It's an experience. I played there twice and will never forget it.

I might be wrong and I'm not a Milan hater either but, Milan will get a start on their wakeup call tomorrow night. In a couple of years they will be back but, for now, trouble is coming.