Alcoa vs. Heritage

Tornadofan15

The garbage rounds are finished for the day.  Your trailer was the last pickup of the day.

I agree Punky was an outstanding coach.  He was an assistant under Fugate when I played and had a positive impact on me.  I still see him one or two times a month.

825351665[/snapback]

STARS,

Dus he werk fer you? Er is he the competeetiun? He's got his werk cut out fer 'im if'n he trys to go head to head with th' likes of you with th' connectiuns through the recruitin circuit and all. :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa should be in 3A.  Of course, if I say that, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Maryville should be in 5A. The difference is that Maryville competes for a state title in 5A.  I'm not so sure Alcoa would do the same in 3A.

825351432[/snapback]

Alcoa is a 1A school the competes UP the ladder in 2A already. 3A is the 2nd worst division in high school football (1A being the worst). If Alcoa was winning state championships every season then I could understand them moving to 3A, but that's not the case. They are an EXCELLENT 1A school and a really good 2A school. The fact is, moving up to 3A would be less competition for Alcoa, and that's probably why they stick to 2A.

Alcoa will be very good next season. Maryville will be very good also. Maryville's defense will be very strong next season. The front 7 only loses 2 starters.

I will say this. Next year will be Alcoa's best chance of beating Maryville. If Alcoa doesn't do it next season it may be awhile. Maryville's sophomore class is freaking loaded. The freshmen class is undefeated so far. Middle School has a very good team this year.

First of all I expect Alcoa to win, but the vision of all that "TALENT" that Alcoa thinks they have is just fiction in my view.  Alcoa has played one good team and guess what happened to all that "TALENT"!  They got spanked and got put back in their place.

No question Alcoa has some good athletes, but none are super special and able to run wild anytime on anyone.  So this belief is fiction.

Heritage may be down but some of those kids are more physical than you may think and given a break or two Heritage could give you Alcoa prima donnas all you want.  I don't expect Alcoa to run away in the game but should win the contest.

Looking at the Sweetwater box score Alcoa ran out of steam during the second half and Sweetwater’s Latham went out early with a hammy.  If Sweetwater was so bad why was JF only 3-8?  Heritage played some better vs. Maryville's 2nd string which in my view is better than Alcoa’s first team is at this point in the season. 

I think this will be a physical game for Alcoa and being over-confident or maybe looking past Heritage could be costly and I am looking for the upset.

825350964[/snapback]

That is the exact same thing that happened to your "All Mighty" Rebels FB!! It seemed like they just ran out of steam in the second half of the Alcoa game, so don't act like Alcoa has no talent. You know Most of the time Alcoa has the best talent in the county!! All they need is depth, thumb and if Alcoa was half the size of any other school in the county it would be a site to see wouldn't it???

It will be a closer game next year, no doubt.  Th end result will eb the same though.

And your great 88 team was good for A or AA.  They have never had to play the likes of <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> though.  A program that is allowed to recruit kids and has all the talent they and any other team will ever need.  We had two 70's teams (if I'm not mistaken) that beat them for Champioships. 

So, until you play someone of quality other than us, spare us the ranking BS.

825351253[/snapback]

You must not be from around here bud because Alcoa played Brentwood in 88' and 89' to win the State title! I would have put that Alcoa team up against anyone in the state!! They had way too much talent!!!!!!!!!!!! thumb