Rockwood VS. Alcoa

cowboyboom

keep doubting us fellows. we get no respect. our d-line has to do a great job this week of getting pressure on fiegler. he cannot have time to throw. we will rely alot out of the secondary. we havent seen this good of a recieving crew all year. we have to step it up. we need an excellent week of practice this week. we have to keep our minds on alcoa and nothing else. besides school work. lol. i think our offense will move the ball very good against alcoas defense. our line has done a great job this year, but we need them to do even better this week. running backs have to run hard and hold onto the football. we cannot have any turnovers because that can lead to alcoa touchdowns. we are playing with a chip on our shoulder this year so this should be a great one. i think this will come down to whoever is in better shape come 4th quarter. and rockwood is in very good shape. we play better when the 4th quarter rolls around. so we will see friday. good luck to both teams. and everybody have a safe trip to alcoa. go tigers.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all Alcoa fans have marked this one up in the win column. I sincerely hope the Tornadoes come out with a win but I expect it will be a well played game on both sides. It will come down to the same things that most football games do. The ability to control the line of scrimmage and taking care of the football. Turnovers can kill any team. The best example I can think of is Alcoa's loss in the playoffs last year. Once the momentum gets turned anything can happen.

Rockwood fans, please don't mistake the Alcoa fans confidence in their team as a lack of respect for Rockwood. I recall going down to Rockwood last year and escaping with a win in a hotly contested game. I read some of the posts on CoachT and cringe. I guess I subscribe to the theory that every opponent is worthy and should be respected. I just don't understand how anybody can dog a team when you know how hard teams have to work these days just to be competitive. With the records both of these teams bring into the game it is obvious they have worked hard in the off season to prepare.

Having preached all I plan to, I hope everyone has a safe trip to the game. May both sides cheer their respective teams and may the best team win. When it is all said and done I pray neither team has any injuries and, win or lose, the Rockwood fans have enjoyed their trip to Alcoa. I should warn you though, I expect there will be a Tornado warning issued about 7:30 Friday night at Goddard Field! thumb

In the last 11 Alcoa has won 9 ballgames including a playoff encounter between the 2 squads. Alcoa has been playing great ball since the end of last season and The Tigers seem to play to the level of their competition with that being say if you look at this game on paper and based on tradition you will see that Alcoa should win easily, but as Lee Corso would say, "Not so fast my friend." This Rockwood team has battle all year and consistently finds a way to win, and winning at Kingston showed that they could go onto the road into hostile environments and walk away with a W. Alcoa has all the playmakers in the world and on the offensive side of the ball the Tigers are not lacking firepower led be senior QB Corey Payne and a host of Tiger ball carriers, I think that key to this game will be the way the Rockwood linebackers respond to the speed of Alcoa and they way they tackle and if they can take the ground game away and make Aloca one dimensional, if they can keep Alcoa under 150 yds on the ground, I think the Tigers can go into Alcoa and come out with the W, I think the key on offense will be if the Tigers OLine can open up holes to run through and if they can give Corey enough time to find the seams in the Alcoa defense and to hit the big play. I think that this game is going to come to kicking and with that being said I think the Tigers will pull out the 31-27 victory on the road. Good Luck, Go Tigers! Phil 4:13

Alcoa is very balanced on offense. They can hurt you running or passing.

Heritage keyed on Dustin Lindsey and Joey Figler and the receivers killed them.

If you try to play the pass then Lindsey will kill you.

I don't know much about Rockwood. But! It would take one heck of a team to beat Alcoa. If Rockwood beats Alcoa then I will tip my hat to them.

First of all, this game won't be decided by six points or less it will be decided by 21 points or more, with Alcoa coming out on top. Lol, im sorry, but honestly I am one of the Alcoa fans that already has this game in the win column, we're just too powerful on offense and too quick on defense. As Ron said, we can hurt you with Lindsey, but if you stop him then you got to stop Fiegler, Warren, Sommer, and Lanxter. You just can't stop both. And for Rockwood fans that think they are underrated, well if you think that #3 in the state means no respect, then there is something wrong.

Good luck with everything tomorrow Loco, make CoachT.com proud.