Will Soddy Daisy go undefeated this year?

simonzander72

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right now soddy needs to play the way they have been playin and the worst thing that they can do right now is to play not to lose!! they have to keep playing to win and i think all the marbles will fall in the right place. hopefully with a 1st round home playoff game

825361697[/snapback]

Amen to that! I think that was the problem at last week's game against Hixson. They let their wins go to their heads when they should've concentrated on the matter at hand. We all know this happens to all football players, no matter their level....Look at my beloved Vols for instance. But I really do think that Weathers and his awesome assistants have a good thing going up there in Soddy. They just need to keep their eyes on the prize.

Being from another part of town, and having seen both teams play, SD will beat Ool by 20 points. They play VERY good defense, and are well balanced on offense. Their passing game is above average, and with a huge offensive line their runnung game is very effective. Ool however, does hold a speed advantage. But, a very good defense, beats a good offense. SD only averages giving up about 7 pts. per game. This team is very similar to a team I remember watching in the fall of 2000, however, the ONLY thing missing is a GREAT back. Granted the SD backs are getting the job done, but they are winning games by not allowing many points. In closing, Ool has NEVER beaten Weathers!!

youre right... Ooltewah has never beaten Weathers. Then again Weathers has never coached Soddy Daisy either. And Ooltewah has never had a team start the season 5-0 before. In 2000, Ooltewah had never been to the playoffs before either. Times have changed. Ooltewah has changed. The results will change. Ooltewah knocks Soddy from the ranks of the unbeatens on October 15

Being from another part of town, and having seen both teams play, SD will beat Ool by 20 points.  They play VERY good defense, and are well balanced on offense.  Their passing game is above average, and with a huge offensive line their runnung game is very effective.  Ool however, does hold a speed advantage.  But, a very good defense, beats a good offense.  SD only averages giving up about 7 pts. per game.  This team is very similar to a team I remember watching in the fall of 2000, however, the ONLY thing missing is a GREAT back.  Granted the SD backs are getting the job done, but they are winning games by not allowing many points.  In closing, Ool has NEVER beaten Weathers!!

825362901[/snapback]

Everything you said was very true for the soddy team that played the first 4 games of the season. the team that took the field the last 2 friday nights was the exact opposite almost. the defense was good but not great, the passing game was maybe average, and the run game was good considering the line struggled to block (especially tonight). mo mo ran harder than i've seen a back run in a couple years. if he gets a couple more blocks tonight he would have had a 200 yd night. also it seems the team is gettin a little cocky. i think they have seen their names in the paper one too many times. before tonight i would have told you that soddy could and would beat ooltewah but if they don't get some things changed a lil, they may not have a prayer! to illustrate my point, 2 of the O-linemen were fighting on the side lines in the middle of the game and had to be seperated. i hate to see such a good team, with so much potential let it slip away. im still pulling for them and i still think they have the weapons to beat ooltewah and oak ridge but first they've got mcminn next friday and that is all that matters right now!