DANIEL BOONE AT ELIZABETHTON OCT 1

A DOGMAN

Scout you said it. We have to be watching different games. I over heard some folks in the stands after East saying #8 got a chance. Well 5 plays leading to a field goal aint a chance. 4 or 5 plays here and there dont constitute a chance. He is the type of player that will get a rythm. He is a gamer he plays big when things are on the line. He has always been that way. I would like to see him work alittle harder sometimes cause he has so much potential. He is a leader by example on the field he comes to play. Did you guys see the blocks he laid in the JV. game.

Let the boy play give, him a real chance I think you will like what you get.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously you haven't seen the Creeker at QB in practice or in a game. He is one heck of an athlete, but a QB.... no. Not the footwork, not the moves and not the arm for a QB. It would be a mistake the same as trying Berkley last year. The choices were thin last year though. There is an answer this year, but a lack in coaching has let this season slid by. Shame. The Creeker could have some success as an option QB because he runs the ball upfield well, but not outside. Good kid, excellant kid, just not a QB. I think you'll see him on offense next year at, probably, T end. He needs to be involved in the offense also, I do agree to that. On another note, it is a shame that the latest Betsy JV thread is getting ready to go over 500 looks and this varsity thread is only approaching 200. That speaks for itself. Please wake up coaches, this is not a dream.

He is not leading the conference in interceptions. Here are the passing stats from the conference found them on mtnlakesfootball.com.

PASSING                                                  

PLAYER (TEAM)                          COMP    ATT     INT      PCT    YARDS    TD     LNG           

1.  Matt Eads (East)                     54          88            2        61         1086         8         70

2.  Ben Box  (Boone)                   47          83            7        57           629         5         59

3.  Weston Jefferies (Eliz)            49          88            4        56           627         2         48

4.  Brandon Cole (South)              26          52            2        50           485         4         68

5.  Marcus Nidifer (Tn High)         25          38            1        66           333        5          27

6.  Wes Barbour (Central)            25          48            6        52           268         1         30

7.  Jessee Jenkins                         9           23           5         39           136         2         44

I think the line is doing a descent job this year. They are lacking speed at critical positions, but there are answers to some of this. Someone out there will play some of these boys that need to be playing. There is a place for next year. To Jeffers defense, he has done well with what he is good at and has a descent arm. At times, play calling puts him in the wrong spot, rolling out. He is also aided by an excellant group of wide outs. Good speed, good hands but no height. Too often the backs are forgotten as recievers. They are used, but not enough. I am a believer that we should be at least 4-2 and that boils down to who is running the show. We are 2-4. Always a fan, but disgruntled. Shame on me I guess. No one else wants to shoulder any responsibility but we all have excuses. We all know that if it is not messed up, that the future is much brighter for the boys who remain. It will get better because the kids won't let it get worse.

Betsys QB. has been sacked suprisingly few times I believe average 2 per game. This is amazing when you look at the drops he takes. Alot of times its 2 steps. about the only time he is sacked is on roll outs. #7 is a pocket passer you cant move him around, as much as we a trying. The line has played much better than in the last few. The O-line is doing well.