MACON CO. VS TROUSDALE CO.

KITTY_KAT

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am from Macon County and the winning tradition goes a lot further than 1

year I played back in the 70's when we went undefeated in 1973 and that is the only time that the tigers have been undefeated in regular season in school history

the winning tradition has always been their they just forgot the past!

825366938[/snapback]

I played against that 73 team at lafayette and yes it was one of Lafayette's best ever. It's a shame they didn't have the playoff system like they do today because that team might have been State Champions.

I played against that 73 team at lafayette and yes it was one of Lafayette's best ever. It's a shame they didn't have the playoff system like they do today because that team might have been State Champions.

825367522[/snapback]

There was a playoff system. They got drilled by Trousdale in the playoffs.

There was a playoff system. They got drilled by Trousdale in the playoffs.

825367549[/snapback]

[/quot e] They only took one team from this area I thought instead of 4 now adays.

825367555[/snapback]

Correct...Trousdale lost to Kingston in the AA title game 34-28 in OT.

They beat Macon 30 something to nothing in Lafayette. Macon was not a contender that year.

Edited by Antwan

Trousdale will win this one. (Sorry 71fan and Miss Kitty.) The win against SC is just the beginning of TC's preparation for the playoffs. Congrats to MC on their win against Upperman but I don't think it will happen again this week. Good luck to both teams. thumb

B)

(Twan, your knowledge surpasses all knowledge...... :blink: )

Edited by PPride

Swanson...Lafayette has a chance at any game..We aren't just gonna sit on the porch & bark...we are gonna get down & bite... :blink:

825366508[/snapback]

No they won't, Macon County will be lucky if they can limp back onto the porch.

I am from Macon County and the winning tradition goes a lot further than 1

year I played back in the 70's when we went undefeated in 1973 and that is the only time that the tigers have been undefeated in regular season in school history

the winning tradition has always been their they just forgot the past!

825366938[/snapback]

So you are telling me that two winning seasons extends a "winning tradition" back to the 70's?

Trousdale will win this one. (Sorry 71fan and Miss Kitty.) The win against SC is just the beginning of TC's preparation for the playoffs. Congrats to MC on their win against Upperman but I don't think it will happen again this week. Good luck to both teams.  thumb

:lol:

(Twan, your knowledge surpasses all knowledge...... :wacko: )

825367825[/snapback]

Gee thanks Pride...I remember those games...because I saw both of them.

Hartsville roughed up Lafayette (that's what we called both then) and then they roughed us up the next year. In '73 they beat us 16-12. They had some great athletes. I think that era was the best in TC history.

Edited by Antwan

Gee thanks Pride...I remember those games...because I saw both of them. 

Hartsville roughed up Lafayette (that's what we called both then) and then they roughed us up the next year.  In '73 they beat us 16-12.  They had some great athletes.  I think that era was the best in TC history.

825368030[/snapback]

I don't remember those particular games, but I do remember that era, and I agree. TC had some great teams during that time and I'm sure you remember the "Battle of the unbeatens" in 1974 between Hartsville and Carthage. However, we won't talk about the outcome of that one will we. Besides, this is the MC / TC thread, right? :wacko:

:lol: